Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah the watson pick def looks like a major reach. Granted, Gary did too and were finally seeing him come around. Awful early but its a hard pick to like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Its like we did everything we could to try and lose the game.

I wanna know what the deal is with injuries. Watkins done already. Watson out. DB disnt play much. What is it with this team?
    I didn't figure DB69 was gonna play the full game, I really am surprised it was this game they brough him back, I thought maybe last week would have been the better time to start integrating him. we all knew Watkins had injury concerns so no big surprise he is on IR just surprising its this early and remember IR rules are different, this just means he can come back in 4 weeks.

Watson tweaked a hamstring, hopefully won't be a long term thing.

Yeah the watson pick def looks like a major reach. Granted, Gary did too and were finally seeing him come around. Awful early but its a hard pick to like right now.
    can't say Watson was a major reach, there were a lot of people who had him as a 1st round talent. everyone knew he was gonna be a little bit of a project because he came from a small school that was a run heavy offense. but, he has all the talent in the world. granted I was not crazy about the pick either I really liked Pickens but, still got to wait and see with Watson.

It doesn't have to be a red shirt year for Watson, but it kind of feels like that. Just came into camp a little banged up and it's been a bit of a spiral from there. Wonder if he pushed himself a bit to get back from that injury and then got his hammy tweaked. Hard to say. Just sucks that with a guy like Rodgers, every missed practice is another missed opportunity to gain rapport. Hopefully it's a temporary setback, but feels like Watson may just keep falling further and further behind. And that sucks, because he has legit, game changing speed.

This offense needs to get more aggressive. At some point, the smoke and mirrors, lots of moving parts type offense they've always run without Adams isn't going to work. You can't play this style of offense for 17 games. At some point, we're going to need to throw the ball down the field. Doubs can be more of a downfield threat than we've given him chances for so far. Lazard isn't a burner but can make a few plays down the field. But someone has to make a play. Every team is just going to continue to creep up until we show we can move it down the field. That's where Watson would be so valuable if he can get healthy and catch the ball.

Every game we win and don’t have OBJ is money saved. But I’m still hoping for OBJ to join the team and push for the SB. If we continue to stay healthy he could be a gamechanger!

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It doesn't have to be a red shirt year for Watson, but it kind of feels like that. Just came into camp a little banged up and it's been a bit of a spiral from there. Wonder if he pushed himself a bit to get back from that injury and then got his hammy tweaked. Hard to say. Just sucks that with a guy like Rodgers, every missed practice is another missed opportunity to gain rapport. Hopefully it's a temporary setback, but feels like Watson may just keep falling further and further behind. And that sucks, because he has legit, game changing speed.

This offense needs to get more aggressive. At some point, the smoke and mirrors, lots of moving parts type offense they've always run without Adams isn't going to work. You can't play this style of offense for 17 games. At some point, we're going to need to throw the ball down the field. Doubs can be more of a downfield threat than we've given him chances for so far. Lazard isn't a burner but can make a few plays down the field. But someone has to make a play. Every team is just going to continue to creep up until we show we can move it down the field. That's where Watson would be so valuable if he can get healthy and catch the ball.
    Im still surprised we let MVS walk so easily. Granted, I also understand not being confident enough in him tonpay him.

Im still surprised we let MVS walk so easily. Granted, I also understand not being confident enough in him tonpay him.
    Well Doubs is already out producing mvs …. Watkins also with one less game…

Mvs is garbage. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Well Doubs is already out producing mvs …. Watkins also with one less game…

Mvs is garbage. End of story.
    I hate this narrative. MVS isn't garbage. He's not elite or even good, but he's not garbage. He's fairly one dimensional, but that dimension is needed in GB. The hope is that Watson can replace that's so I'm fine with letting mvs walk, especially for the deal he got, but he's not garbage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12