Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I said it before but it would have been very interesting if both were available when the PATS were on the clock. Wouldnít be surprised if BB still would have drafted Mac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Pats arenít dumb. They were def taking Mac over Fields. I also would love to be wrong about Fields, but Iím 99.9% sure Iím not. He just doesnít have it. Hell I said the same thing when we drafted Grossman. I was disgusted by that pick. You could see the signs his last year of college too. I was ****** when we reupped Cutler long term as well. We had a way out and our FO was too stubborn to admit their mistake. Was also ****** when we traded up for Mitch. We should have dared SF to draft him. The incompetence for this Franchise at QB is just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The Pats arenít dumb. They were def taking Mac over Fields. I also would love to be wrong about Fields, but Iím 99.9% sure Iím not. He just doesnít have it. Hell I said the same thing when we drafted Grossman. I was disgusted by that pick. You could see the signs his last year of college too. I was ****** when we reupped Cutler long term as well. We had a way out and our FO was too stubborn to admit their mistake. Was also ****** when we traded up for Mitch. We should have dared SF to draft him. The incompetence for this Franchise at QB is just nuts.
    Well maybe just maybe that has more to do with their inability to develop them rather than being bad at picking them ever thought about that?

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Nvm pointless argument.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBear; 09-28-2022 at 12:14 PM.

In fairness to mac, he hasnít even played 3 full games this season. Are we really concluding that he regressed and will never be good[emoji848]

Even with the rough start he is completing 66% of his passes and has a QB rating of 76Öboth of which are better than Fields has ever put up. Iím not saying Mac is going to be a perennial all pro but heís played well in his career. Not sure why anyone would label him a bust with no chance/future. Thatís silly

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Well maybe just maybe that has more to do with their inability to develop them rather than being bad at picking them ever thought about that?
    Maybe they donít know what a good QB looks likeÖ

Cade McCown
    Rex Grossman
    Mitch Trubisky
    Justin Fields

These guys were walking red flags. Those are the guys we tried to draft/develop. Thatís the entire group since the Mid 90s.

Cade McCown
    Rex Grossman
    Mitch Trubisky
    Justin Fields

These guys were walking red flags. Those are the guys we tried to draft/develop. Thatís the entire group since the Mid 90s.
    Not all of those guys were drafted by the same GM.

You have keep that variable in focus.

The Bears in general have been unlucky with drafting QB's.

Cade McCown
    Rex Grossman
    Mitch Trubisky
    Justin Fields

Calling Trubisky and Fields walking red flags is so disingenuous and silly. They had concerns coming out just like every other prospect but that statement is plain false. Trubisky was ranked as the 1st or 2nd best QB in the draft by basically everyone and after Fields was drafted a report came out with several GMs having him as QB1 in the draft. I'll keep saying it the hindsight bias around here is rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Calling Trubisky and Fields walking red flags is so disingenuous and silly. They had concerns coming out just like every other prospect but that statement is plain false. Trubisky was ranked as the 1st or 2nd best QB in the draft by basically everyone and after Fields was drafted a report came out with several GMs having him as QB1 in the draft. I'll keep saying it the hindsight bias around here is rampant.
    I mean it's not hindsight if some of us said this stuff after we drafted these guys. I wasn't happy in these Forums with the Trubisky pick. I wasn't happy in here with the Fields pick. I damn sure was dumbfounded when we took Grossman. I don't think you know what Hindsight really means. Did I hope Trubisky succeeded? Hell yeah I did. I want my team to have a damn QB in my lifetime. Do I hope Fields figures it out? 100% I do. I'd rather be the wrongest poster in the history of posters when it comes to Fields. I just don't see it. Watch his tape in college. He looks at 1 guy on the vast majority of his TD passes. He has a clean pocket on the majority of them. He literally just stares at those star 1st round talent WR's until they are open and unloads a deep ball to a guy being covered by wind and the Ghost of Corners Past. It wasn't impressive to me. Has nothing to do with my hate for OSU. I would love those OSU WR's on the Bears. I'd love some OSU DL on our team. I'd love some OSU CB's on our team. But I never wanted us to take Fields. Made that pretty clear early on.

I mean it's not hindsight if some of us said this stuff after we drafted these guys. I wasn't happy in these Forums with the Trubisky pick. I wasn't happy in here with the Fields pick. I damn sure was dumbfounded when we took Grossman. I don't think you know what Hindsight really means. Did I hope Trubisky succeeded? Hell yeah I did. I want my team to have a damn QB in my lifetime. Do I hope Fields figures it out? 100% I do. I'd rather be the wrongest poster in the history of posters when it comes to Fields. I just don't see it. Watch his tape in college. He looks at 1 guy on the vast majority of his TD passes. He has a clean pocket on the majority of them. He literally just stares at those star 1st round talent WR's until they are open and unloads a deep ball to a guy being covered by wind and the Ghost of Corners Past. It wasn't impressive to me. Has nothing to do with my hate for OSU. I would love those OSU WR's on the Bears. I'd love some OSU DL on our team. I'd love some OSU CB's on our team. But I never wanted us to take Fields. Made that pretty clear early on.
    We get it man. You knew every pick wasnít ever going to work out and you should probably be the bears GM since you know who definitively is and isnít a good quarterback. We wish you luck on your application process on their next GM search.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I said it before but it would have been very interesting if both were available when the PATS were on the clock. Wouldnít be surprised if BB still would have drafted Mac

Who knows. QB is a bit different obviously but BB is a horrible drafter anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    We get it man. You knew every pick wasnít ever going to work out and you should probably be the bears GM since you know who definitively is and isnít a good quarterback. We wish you luck on your application process on their next GM search.
    Letís not forget, I hyped up Nate Davis from Ball State. Not my finest moment.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344