Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    People need to realize that this team has had multiple 13-7 game stretches earlier this year, with a much less healthy roster and against a tougher part of the schedule. This has been a very small sample size, and given another 10-15 games could very well be right back to their .500 ways.
    for sure
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Jesus Christ! Anyone but freaking Diekman could have kept that under 3 runs! STUPID BULLPEN DECISIONS ALL NIGHT! I mean he even used Hendriks vs. the bottom of their order in a tie game. I understand the get them to the next inning tied mentality there, but I'm throwing Graveman that inning without a doubt, and then when we end up in the 10th, Hendriks faces their dawgs.
    Little late in the season to be questioning "managerial moves" ,where was this when they were clearly pissing away the season from April through July???

Do or die IGT?

That was easy……DIE!

I want to thank the guardians for putting us out of our collective misery

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I walked passed Reinsdorf walking in to the game today. He was leaving before it started. Musta knew it was gonna be an ugly one. That game was horrendous

Gotta see if we can get Minnesota a better record than us.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The most disappointing thing about these last 2 days, and that week where we blew the series vs. the O's and got swept by the DBacks, is the fact that the teams we could be making up ground on are also losing. Dbacks week the Guardians were ice cold too. Now the M's and Rays are struggling mightily. M's schedule is crazy easy which is baffling. I expect them to figure it out. The Rays on the other hand have the hardest schedule in baseball to finish the year. Stros, Jays, Guards, Stros, Red Sox. The Sox love to suck us back in, only to disappoint again and again. It's a flawed team obviously. The excuse faze ended in August when we botched the easiest schedule in baseball.

It doesn’t matter what other teams are doing. The Sox are just not good enough. The mini hot streak they got on when Cairo took over was an anomaly, just like the streaks they had earlier in the season. It doesn’t matter who is managing, it’s still the same players on the field.

And regardless of who is managing next season, the results are going to be the same, if there are not some major changes to this flawed roster.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 09-22-2022 at 08:47 PM.

It doesn’t matter what other teams are doing. The Sox are just not good enough. The mini hot streak they got on when Cairo took over was an anomaly, just like the streaks they had earlier in the season. It doesn’t matter who is managing, it’s still the same players on the field.

And regardless of who is managing next season, the results are going to be the same, if there are not some major changes to this flawed roster.
    Cairo has been much better but overall this is a very talented hitting roster with awful coaching that had the entire team hit grounders all season , and a terribly constructed roster with 139 dh's

Dh's are ok if they're slugging and walking. The Sox aren't doing either of those well.

Last edited by blams; 09-22-2022 at 10:17 PM.

Click here to register!

https://twitter.com/SoxOn35th/status...NofIH69lA&s=19

Click here to register!

Everyone has an opinion. TLR wasn’t there for this “do or die” series, and we got spanked. If you go the route of a scapegoat and blame the manager for everything, you will end up with the same flawed and forgiven players next year, and the results will be the same.

The Sox need to make some major roster changes and move some of the bad apples. Addition by subtraction.

Everyone has an opinion. TLR wasn’t there for this “do or die” series, and we got spanked. If you go the route of a scapegoat and blame the manager for everything, you will end up with the same flawed and forgiven players next year, and the results will be the same.

The Sox need to make some major roster changes and move some of the bad apples. Addition by subtraction.
    No one here has suggested the sox should keep the roster as is.

The reality is if this team was coached to hustle and try hard , they would probably be in the playoffs.

They were literally coached to not hit for power and to not hustle to avoid injury.

That is crippling for any team constructed in any manner.

Even a team with consisting of mostly dh's

Last edited by blams; 09-22-2022 at 11:48 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No one here has suggested the sox should keep the roster as is.

The reality is if this team was coached to hustle and try hard , they would probably be in the playoffs.

They were literally coached to not hit for power and to not hustle to avoid injury.

That is crippling for any team constructed in any manner.

Even a team with consisting of mostly dh's

Maybe, maybe not. That’s all conjecture. The only real facts we have are the stats and empirical data. That is reflective of what the players did on the field. We don’t even know the real context of that “don’t hustle “ story. Was it in reference to a player that was not 100% and coming off an injury?
    Is there actual video of that interview? If someone has a link, I’d like to watch it. Again, for context.

Welp it’s over, opened up the rest of the season IGT.

Continue the conversation there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456