Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Jalen Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Wentz demanded a trade unless Doug and Hurts were gone. Doug was fired, and they started the process of trading Hurts. But they got better offers for Wentz than Hurts, so they changed their mind.

According to:
    Tim McManus - ESPN
    Chris Mortensen - ESPN
    Sam Robinson - Pro Football Rumor
    With the preferred direction clear, the Eagles traded Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in February 2021 for a third-round pick and a conditional second-round pick, which eventually turned into a first-rounder.
    -Tim McManus

Sounds like they wanted to trade Wentz...and did.

Jalen Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    -Tim McManus

Sounds like they wanted to trade Wentz...and did.
    Yeah they always preferred trading wentz. If they announced to everyone that they want to trade wentz, they probably would not have gotten a 1st and 3rd round pick for him. You never show your hand when trading a player. So obviously thereís gonna be some ďreportsĒ out there that are saying contradicting things, this is to prevent the value from plummeting. Wentz value was already low, you donít want to lower it even more by being honest about wanting to move on from him.

Negotiations 101: donít act like you want to get rid of whatever you are selling. In fact, act like you want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah they always preferred trading wentz. If they announced to everyone that they want to trade wentz, they probably would not have gotten a 1st and 3rd round pick for him. You never show your hand when trading a player. So obviously thereís gonna be some ďreportsĒ out there that are saying contradicting things, this is to prevent the value from plummeting. Wentz value was already low, you donít want to lower it even more by being honest about wanting to move on from him.

Negotiations 101: donít act like you want to get rid of whatever you are selling. In fact, act like you want to keep it.
    There was so much speculation around the entire dynamic between Wentz, Doug, and the front office that I don't think anyone knows the entire truth.

There was so much speculation around the entire dynamic between Wentz, Doug, and the front office that I don't think anyone knows the entire truth.
    Most accurate post yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True that

For sure

I'm not a believer in Hurts yet but he is trending in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I'm not a believer in Hurts yet but he is trending in the right direction
    I donít think itís all on Hurts the balance of the Eagles offense keeps a lot of pressure off of Hurts he doesnít have to force throws heís taking the easiest read and executing it . You may not need more from him

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789