Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Pirates @ Yankees Sept.20-21

The Yankees come into this game with an 88-58 record overall and they are coming off a big win on Sunday. The Yankees offense scored 12 runs against the Milwaukee Brewers and that was enough to secure the victory. The Yankees are averaging 4.97 runs per game which is second in the league. The Yankees pitching staff is also ranked 3rd. Aaron Judge has hit 59 home runs and driven in 127 RBIs.

The Pirates sit with a 55-92 record overall and they have lost four games in a row. On Saturday the Pirates gave up seven runs and that led to the defeat. The Pirates offense is averaging 3.56 runs per game which is 27th in the league. Bryan Reynolds has been the top offensive player for the Pirates hitting 23 home runs and driving in 54 RBIs. in this game if the Pirates want to find success they are going to need to find a way to get the offense going.

Pirates @ Yankees
    Tue, Sep 20 • 7:05 PM EDT

TBD

Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    10-4, 2.70 ERA, 142 SO
    Nestor Cortes Jr. picks up 10th victory Wednesday

Nestor Cortes Jr. pitched five innings, allowing one run on three hits and two walks while striking out seven in New York’s 5-3 win in Boston on Wednesday

Cortes held Boston scoreless through the first four innings before allowing his only run on a Conner Wong RBI-double in the 5th inning. Cortes earned his first win since July 30 against the Royals and reached 10 wins for the first time in his career. Cortes improves to 10-4 on the season with a 2.70 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, and 142 strikeouts in 140 innings across 25 starts.

Wed, Sep 21 • 7:05 PM EDT

Roansy Contreras
    RHP
    5-4, 3.24 ERA, 74 SO

Luis Severino
    RHP
    5-3, 3.45 ERA, 95 SO
    The plan at one point was for Severino to be activated sometime next week, but it sounds like the Yankees may be reconsidering that plan. Severino threw just 45 pitches in his latest rehab start Wednesday, allowing 2 ER and striking out 4 in 4 innings. Severino last started for the Yankees on July 13, a two-inning outing against the Reds before exiting with a strained right lat.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-19-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    This should should actually be the playoff lineup.

Sevy get the start. We shall see.

Ignorance is bliss

Wow Roansy is having a great rookie season. I'm happy to see that. At the same time, I wish they still had him instead of Taillon!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Wow Roansy is having a great rookie season. I'm happy to see that. At the same time, I wish they still had him instead of Taillon!
    Yep. I was thinking the same.

But if he had been here, Cashman would have traded him for someone in a body cast

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    We've traded a fairly decent rotation in the last yr plus. Roansy, Sears, Waldichuk, Wesneski Monty
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-19-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep. I was thinking the same.

But if he had been here, Cashman would have traded him for someone in a body cast
    That's ridiculous! Cashman only gets guys in walking boots and air casts; he draws the line at body casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    That's ridiculous! Cashman only gets guys in walking boots and air casts; he draws the line at body casts.
    tmml

Fair point I am being too critical

Ignorance is bliss

give it time

Not exactly true. Yankees acquired Kei Igawa and Carl Pavano both were stiffs!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    We've traded a fairly decent rotation in the last yr plus. Roansy, Sears, Waldichuk, Wesneski Monty
    None of those will All Stars! Rotation pieces yes, but nothing we can’t buy later.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    None of those will All Stars! Rotation pieces yes, but nothing we can’t buy later.
    You mean like we bought Cole for $35M per. Wow, at that rate we can buy the rest of a starting staff for just $140M per year- chump change. Just might be cheaper to draft/develop at least some of your starting staff.

You mean like we bought Cole for $35M per. Wow, at that rate we can buy the rest of a starting staff for just $140M per year- chump change. Just might be cheaper to draft/develop at least some of your starting staff.

Cortes was cheap. Taillon was a cheap trade. Cashman will be working on the Marlins this winter for Sandy Alcatraz. Peraza and Schmidt look to be the head pieces going. Jorge Soler looks to be the attachment player for $12 million.

Then again, Yankees have an unlimited supply of ca$h to buy an entire rotation when needed on some years. I remember back in 89 we did this and Dallas Green gave George the thumbs up for the rotation with the big signings of Andy Hawkins and Dave La Point. George then surprised Dallas with the signing of 46 yr old Tommy John that George told Dallas to put him in the rotation. 89 wa a year to remember.

I remember this true story. I was at the Clearwater spring complex as the Yankees were playing a split squad game and I was by the dugout with the see through gate and Dallas was standing like 3 feet from me and he was telling somebody, I think it was Billy Connors, about how good Roberto Kelly looks this spring. He said the problem is goddamn George will trade him for another Ken Phelps. Lol, 3 years later Stick traded him for Paulie.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-20-2022 at 06:41 AM.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Cortes was cheap. Taillon was a cheap trade. Cashman will be working on the Marlins this winter for Sandy Alcatraz. Peraza and Schmidt look to be the head pieces going. Jorge Soler looks to be the attachment player for $12 million.

Then again, Yankees have an unlimited supply of ca$h to buy an entire rotation when needed on some years. I remember back in 89 we did this and Dallas Green gave George the thumbs up for the rotation with the big signings of Andy Hawkins and Dave La Point. George then surprised Dallas with the signing of 46 yr old Tommy John that George told Dallas to put him in the rotation. 89 wa a year to remember.

I remember this true story. I was at the Clearwater spring complex as the Yankees were playing a split squad game and I was by the dugout with the see through gate and Dallas was standing like 3 feet from me and he was telling somebody, I think it was Billy Connors, about how good Roberto Kelly looks this spring. He said the problem is goddamn George will trade him for another Ken Phelps. Lol, 3 years later Stick traded him for Paulie.
    I'm guessing you are saying Alcantara?? If you're talking about Sandy Alcantara, Marlins ace that they just signed to a team friendly, long term extension... yeah that not happening, ZERO chance.

After Ng screwed Cashman so hard he still hasn't been walking right, U really think Cash is going to go back again, lube himself up, grab his ankles and say ready for round 2?

If Peraza, Torres and Hicks was the ask for Lopez and one of their bad contracts, Peraza and Schmidt isn't going to be remotely close to getting Alcantara.. that a lesser package for a much better pitcher. I"m Alcantara is easily one of the best young aces in BB and they aren't tearing it down

Gotta quit listening to those voices in your head buddy

Maybe Kevin Alcantara? The kid Yanks sent to Cubs?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast