Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Right now the two best defenses in the NFL look like Dallas and Philly. Philly leads in sacks and I believe Dallas has held opponents to the fewest passing yards per game and fewest points per game.
    I mean maybe the season on a whole will hide the Dallas run defense especially if they start scoring more points when DAK gets back so my concern mainly comes if they play the right team . Meaning Philly and SF in the NFC . I feel like they will both run all over Dallas right now . And even though Dallas beat teams that did that but a team like Philly will exploit it for way more points and so will SF . Hope Iím wrong

I have both SF and Buffalo as the best 2 defenses in football.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I mean maybe the season on a whole will hide the Dallas run defense especially if they start scoring more points when DAK gets back so my concern mainly comes if they play the right team . Meaning Philly and SF in the NFC . I feel like they will both run all over Dallas right now . And even though Dallas beat teams that did that but a team like Philly will exploit it for way more points and so will SF . Hope Iím wrong
    If they donít correct the run defense it will definitely come back to bite them in the ***. Also Cooper Rush has played great but the teams heís faced havenít exactly been elite teams. If he continues to play he will get his *** handed to him by one of the really good teams. I donít think that will be this weekend though.

If they donít correct the run defense it will definitely come back to bite them in the ***. Also Cooper Rush has played great but the teams heís faced havenít exactly been elite teams. If he continues to play he will get his *** handed to him by one of the really good teams. I donít think that will be this weekend though.
    Kearse is getting ready to come back he could possibly help a bit with the run . But the way Wilson is playing thatís 1 hell of a safety tandem that they will have . Finally

Cowboys have given up the most explosive running plays in football and the most of 10 yards or more . Maybe this is the old Eagles DC Jimmy Johnsonís approach . He use to say I donít care how many yards they gain . Under 18 points and pressure the QB at all cost . In the age of RPO however the long runs are the cost without a doubt

Landon Collins back with big blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper Rush has not played great. Dak literally has 2 dozen games better than the best game Cooper has played. Cooper has done well on first down play action but is bottom of the league on 3rd down passing efficiency. He is not that good. This team is doing well with adequate play from Cooper and top of the line defense. You need Dak back at full strength combined with this defense to be a playoff contender.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Cowboys have given up the most explosive running plays in football and the most of 10 yards or more . Maybe this is the old Eagles DC Jimmy Johnsonís approach . He use to say I donít care how many yards they gain . Under 18 points and pressure the QB at all cost . In the age of RPO however the long runs are the cost without a doubt
    That's ok in the context of this overall defense. Rushing big plays and rushing efficiency is very much not correlated with wins in the NFL so no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Landon Collins back with big blue

I saw that, I am surprised he was a FA still. Good signing for the Giants, he is a really versatile player and maybe being back in NY will spark him back to elite play (though I hope not as a Cowboys fan lol)

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Cooper Rush has not played great. Dak literally has 2 dozen games better than the best game Cooper has played. Cooper has done well on first down play action but is bottom of the league on 3rd down passing efficiency. He is not that good. This team is doing well with adequate play from Cooper and top of the line defense. You need Dak back at full strength combined with this defense to be a playoff contender.
    If youíre comparing him to the top QBís in the game you are correct, he hasnít played great. If you out a little context though you will see that heís an undrafted QB that had only 1 start under his belt in his entire career. Not only that but he was cut before the start of the season. Based on all that and he has 3 wins and 0 turnovers, heís played great.

Again though, before you start saying Iím calling him the next Tom Brady he hasnít really faced anyone good. If he still the starter by the time they face the Eagles they will likely hand him his own ***. I expect another win against the Rams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I saw that, I am surprised he was a FA still. Good signing for the Giants, he is a really versatile player and maybe being back in NY will spark him back to elite play (though I hope not as a Cowboys fan lol)
    Heís definitely still got something left but perhaps an odd fit in a lot of schemes because of his lack of coverage skills. In winks system with cover guys in place as at safety (McKinney, love, belton) he can stay in the box as a LB/S hybrid where he excels. Wish I didnít donate the shirsey I had when he signed with Washington ha!

Did I call it or what? Pretty sure I said 2.5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Did I call it or what? Pretty sure I said 2.5 weeks.

Iím pretty sure everyone and their momma was dying this would happen sooner or later. Based on what Iíve heard from Eagles fans and from what Iíve seen just having him around to help the young guys is where his true value is.

Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast