Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2852
  1. #2596
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Malcolm Jenkins, Chris long, Brandon brooks, Rodney McLeod, Ronald Darby, Nigel bradham, Alston Jeffrey, lagarette blount , jay ajayi, Torrey smith, Patrick Robinson, Timmy Jernigan

    These are all people that were signed in 2016 or 2017 except Jenkins who was signed in 2014

    12 people who played major roles, most of which starting roles

    Fun fact

    The eagles only starting offensive player that wasnít drafted by the team is AJ brown. The eagles actually have more starters on offense that were drafted by the eagles than 2017. By far btw. And on defense

    Bradberry, slay, white, reddick, CJGJ, Hargrave, suh, Joseph, all signed

    Maddox, sweat, Cox, graham, edwards, Blankenship

    All drafted

    So the eagles actually have less free agents playing pivotal roles than 2017
    Yeah defense is mostly bought especially considering 2 of our draftees might not be here next year, however jordan davis and nakobe dean(hopefully) should replace both a signed and drafted spot and we have 6 top 64 picks over the next two years and no needs on offense, we could legit draft straight defense the next two years and throw a couple mid round flyers on offensive depth (ol,rb,wr). So next years team figures to have Brown, Slay, Reddick, and CJGJ or Hargraves as the only non drafted starters. Jerry threw the Eagles in that statement to get attention and it worked

  2. #2597
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20,413
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Yeah defense is mostly bought especially considering 2 of our draftees might not be here next year, however jordan davis and nakobe dean(hopefully) should replace both a signed and drafted spot and we have 6 top 64 picks over the next two years and no needs on offense, we could legit draft straight defense the next two years and throw a couple mid round flyers on offensive depth (ol,rb,wr). So next years team figures to have Brown, Slay, Reddick, and CJGJ or Hargraves as the only non drafted starters. Jerry threw the Eagles in that statement to get attention and it worked
    I think we definitely resign CJGJ

    I think we take a slight step back defensively but a big step offensively. I think they resign edwards as well. I think we draft a CB, DT and probably DE

    I think the defense will be ready to go again by 2025. Hopefully the offense can carry them next year

  3. #2598
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    36,234
    The Rams road and Eagles road aren't even the same, not even remotely close. How the heck are they the same?
    Rams blow first rounders like it's nothing and traded for their QB, when was last time Eagles traded for a starting QB that started?

    Howie put together a well balanced team with mix of vets and young guys.
    How many SB teams play in the SB while holding a top 10 pick? I'd love to know the answer

  4. #2599
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    36,234
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think we definitely resign CJGJ

    I think we take a slight step back defensively but a big step offensively. I think they resign edwards as well. I think we draft a CB, DT and probably DE

    I think the defense will be ready to go again by 2025. Hopefully the offense can carry them next year
    We have the hardest schedule so far next year according to rankings, so we will need a nice balance.

  5. #2600
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,517

  6. #2601
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    No. Higgins is basically healthy Michael Gallup. A good number 2 and athletic but not a number 1 IMO
    Wuuuut? Higgins is easily a solid 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2602
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,569
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Heís a number 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Without question.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2603
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    The Rams road and Eagles road aren't even the same, not even remotely close. How the heck are they the same?
    Rams blow first rounders like it's nothing and traded for their QB, when was last time Eagles traded for a starting QB that started?

    Howie put together a well balanced team with mix of vets and young guys.
    How many SB teams play in the SB while holding a top 10 pick? I'd love to know the answer
    Not to mention 2 1sts in 2023 and 2 2nds in 2024

    So the eagles actually have more long term assets in place than Dallas lol

  9. #2604
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,103
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Not to mention 2 1sts in 2023 and 2 2nds in 2024

    So the eagles actually have more long term assets in place than Dallas lol
    Yep those picks are valuable as trade assets as well

  10. #2605
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,103
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think we definitely resign CJGJ

    I think we take a slight step back defensively but a big step offensively. I think they resign edwards as well. I think we draft a CB, DT and probably DE

    I think the defense will be ready to go again by 2025. Hopefully the offense can carry them next year
    CJGJ is my #1 priority because its a position of need and he's only 25. I would let Epps walk and my starters are safety next year are CJGJ and Blankenship.

  11. #2606
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,103
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Doesn't really matter if MM is calling the play.

  12. #2607
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Doesn't really matter if MM is calling the play.
    Very true.

  13. #2608
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,078
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    One of the worst OCs in NFL history. He only keeps getting jobs because of his family name.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Carson is such a likable guy. Heís going to make Ballard look like a genius.

    Still canít believe how badly the eagles screwed this whole thing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The stories were wildly misrepresented, Philly media being Philly media.

    Phillys organization is a mess, heís lucky to get out, and will be an mvp candidate this season.

  14. #2609
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,790

    2022 NFC East Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Passing game coordinator for the 2021 jaguars. thatís not a great look

  15. #2610
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,383
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Malcolm Jenkins, Chris long, Brandon brooks, Rodney McLeod, Ronald Darby, Nigel bradham, Alston Jeffrey, lagarette blount , jay ajayi, Torrey smith, Patrick Robinson, Timmy Jernigan

    These are all people that were signed in 2016 or 2017 except Jenkins who was signed in 2014

    12 people who played major roles, most of which starting roles

    Fun fact

    The eagles only starting offensive player that wasnít drafted by the team is AJ brown. The eagles actually have more starters on offense that were drafted by the eagles than 2017. By far btw. And on defense

    Bradberry, slay, white, reddick, CJGJ, Hargrave, suh, Joseph, all signed

    Maddox, sweat, Cox, graham, edwards, Blankenship

    All drafted

    So the eagles actually have less free agents playing pivotal roles than 2017
    How many of those were big money free agents though? Jerry is specifically referring to the upper echelon of free agents. Guys like Reddick or trading for a guy like AJ Brown. Heís not referring to lower tier free agents. Every team signs those kind of free agents and thatís not much of a gamble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •