Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Flacco looked like an old QB today.
    Not that he is, but he played like it today.

To his credit though, he threw for 300yds and had some bad drops.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-11-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Damn
    Jet had 295 passing and 83 rushing
    Ravens had 211 passing and 63 running

Conklin and Hall's fumbles really hurt. They got points after Conklin's but the Hall one really stung.
    Then they made a play on D, causing a fumble and couldn't come up with it.

Aside from 2 glaring mistakes, a PI and the blown coverage, I think the D played well.

Offense had times where it moved the ball but couldn't finish

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Flacco looked like an old QB today.
    Not that he is, but he played like it today.

To his credit though, he threw for 300yds and had some bad drops.
    I was surprised when I saw the stat line for the game.

Ignorance is bliss

My take on the game

Positives:

Defense was great, very fast and much improved from last year.
    Max Mitchell wasn't a liability
    G Wilson is going to be a stud
    K Alexander was a great find
    Clemens was very visible against first teamers
    Lamar Jackson was uncomfortable most of the game

The Bad:

Why do we still have Mann as a punter?
    Joyner is a bag of trash
    Flacco needs more time to throw
    Greg the Leg.......
    Fumbles
    Dropped Balls

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Here are my two cents: The overall talent on this team has improved significantly the past two years. The scary thing is, the two units/positions we focused the most on (QB and O line) remain to be the two biggest areas of concern. Now, I still believe in Zach, but he has to comeback and prove himself to his teammates, coaches and us, the fans. The O Line is still a huge concern however. The defense is much more athletic and we have a lot of young, explosive playmakers. All we need now is for Zach to be the player he was drafted to be and for the o line to figure it out, despite the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Here are my two cents: The overall talent on this team has improved significantly the past two years. The scary thing is, the two units/positions we focused the most on (QB and O line) remain to be the two biggest areas of concern. Now, I still believe in Zach, but he has to comeback and prove himself to his teammates, coaches and us, the fans. The O Line is still a huge concern however. The defense is much more athletic and we have a lot of young, explosive playmakers. All we need now is for Zach to be the player he was drafted to be and for the o line to figure it out, despite the injuries.
    Betting on Becton was a killer. I get why they did but that really hurt. Then Brown, goes down and Fant had to suddenly move back to LT.
    Hopefully they can get it together. They had moment where they looked good and then ones where they looked overmatched.

Hopefully they can figure it out. I do think they improved from last year but the question is, how much?

Ignorance is bliss

Here's my take:
    If we get the FG
    If we get the EP
    If Carter catches the TD pass at the 2
    If Clemons recovers the fumble

All of these IF's coild equal a close game or a win.

Here is my take, we will have another top 5 pick this year.

Stud QBs win period, we donít have oneÖ period

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Here is my take, we will have another top 5 pick this year.

Stud QBs win period, we donít have oneÖ period
    and that's something you know for sure? seem awfully confident in that statement

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    and that's something you know for sure? seem awfully confident in that statement

I am growing more concerned with Wilson. A surgery that was a 2-4 week recovery has turned into 8 weeks?
    Either the injury was much worse, which brings durability into question (2 knee injuries in his first two years) or he's healed and isn't comfortable playing yet, which calls into play, metal toughness and warning to be there for your team even if in pain.
    I hope it's the former and I hope the kid succeeds but I do not feel one bit confident in him.

He's also been silent. I would expect at least the obligatory, "I feel ready and I want to be out there but the Drs and coaches want me to be patient."

I think he's immature and soft. I will happily eat my words if he proves me wrong.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Here's my take:
    If we get the FG
    If we get the EP
    If Carter catches the TD pass at the 2
    If Clemons recovers the fumble

All of these IF's coild equal a close game or a win.
    Pretty much!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am growing more concerned with Wilson. A surgery that was a 2-4 week recovery has turned into 8 weeks?
    Either the injury was much worse, which brings durability into question (2 knee injuries in his first two years) or he's healed and isn't comfortable playing yet, which calls into play, metal toughness and warning to be there for your team even if in pain.
    I hope it's the former and I hope the kid succeeds but I do not feel one bit confident in him.

He's also been silent. I would expect at least the obligatory, "I feel ready and I want to be out there but the Drs and coaches want me to be patient."

I think he's immature and soft. I will happily eat my words if he proves me wrong.
    From what I understand about this type of injury, the 2-4 week timeline was EXTREMELY ambitious. I think it's closer to a 6-8 week recovery. I can't fault them for being very cautious with him. Especially with how crappy the O-Line looked this week.
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    From what I understand about this type of injury, the 2-4 week timeline was EXTREMELY ambitious. I think it's closer to a 6-8 week recovery. I can't fault them for being very cautious with him. Especially with how crappy the O-Line looked this week.
    Fair points. I agree about the OL for sure.

I will say I find their reluctance to play White to be unusual. I honestly believe they are afraid of a QB controversy

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

With the way Saleh had handled injuries in the past i wouldnt be surprised if he misjudged the recovery time, see the first becton injury. I still think hes got a lot to show, let the O-line gel a bit while flacco takes the lumps.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Yes I know it for sure. He isnít good enough to compensate for the Saleh and JD. I donít know why everyone here loves Saleh and JD, Saleh hasnít developed ****. In regards to JD, he has made great trades but he hasnít drafted well at all. We took a Becton over Wirfs. Go look at what we could have traded up in the 2nd for. In every draft so far there were better players available. Iím disappointed in JD and when we are bottom 5 again you guys will be too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast