Fri, Sep 9 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Drew Rasmussen
    RHP
    9-4, 2.70 ERA, 103 SO

Frankie Montas
    RHP
    5-11, 3.79 ERA, 136 SO
    Frankie Montas pitched five innings, allowing no runs on one hit and no walks while striking out seven in New York’s 2-1 win against the Rays on Sunday.

Montas was nearly flawless in his five innings of work, allowing just one base runner and striking out seven batters. However he wasn’t very efficient, throwing 93-pitches to record those 15-outs, but it was enough to earn his first win in pinstripes. Montas improves to 5-11 with a 3.79 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, and 136 strikeouts in 235 1/3 innings across 25 starts this season.

Sat, Sep 10 • 1:05 PM EDT

Corey Kluber
    RHP
    10-7, 4.00 ERA, 122 SO

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    12-4, 3.95 ERA, 120 SO
    Jameson Taillon pitched five innings, allowing two runs on six hits and two walks while striking out three in New York’s 5-2 win against the Twins on Monday.

Taillon started for the first time since taking a line drive off his right wrist and gave New York five solid innings of work and appears no worse for the wear. The righty’s only mistake was a two-run home run to former Yankee Gary Sanchez in the 5th inning. Taillon remains 12-4 with a 3.95 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, with 120 strikeouts in 145 2/3 innings across 27 starts this season.

Sun, Sep 11 • 1:35 PM EDT

TBD
    TBD
    TBD has seen quite a bit of action this season. As the Yankees sort out their rotation down the stretch TBD has been a stalwart. His last three outings were good but unremarkable. Yankees will need TBD to find his groove as the intensity of the pennant chase heats up. TBD has a 10-7 record with a 3.54 ERA. 1.11 WHIP with 139 K's in 153 IP's. This will be his 27th start of the season.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-09-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    First!!

Ignorance is bliss

I hate to say it but this is pretty much a must win series. If the Rays leave only 2 back? Yikes. If they seep and leave tied? The poop will hit the fan hard.

If the Yankees win 2, they will be 4 up. With the Rays having 2 series vs the Astros, I think the Yankees are set unless they totally collapse.

I also have a weird feeling they are going to get healthy and go on a run

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I hate to say it but this is pretty much a must win series. If the Rays leave only 2 back? Yikes. If they seep and leave tied? The poop will hit the fan hard.

If the Yankees win 2, they will be 4 up. With the Rays having 2 series vs the Astros, I think the Yankees are set unless they totally collapse.

I also have a weird feeling they are going to get healthy and go on a run

Hopefully they at least get Stanton and Rizzo back close to 100%. I doubt we see DJ anymore this season. That toe is a mess and it just won’t heal without long periods of rest.

Last night Stanton had great swings in the 8th inning after a horrible swing and miss with the first pitch. You could tell he was getting zeroed in on the pitches. The 3-2 outside breaking ball was a pitch he had to swing at. You can’t let that pitch hit the corner with a called strike, but he recognized it too late and missed badly.

I just don’t think this current rag tag lineup will get us to the finish line in 1st place.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Yanks were on the doorstep of a 4 game sweep. The April and May roster makes the comeback last night.

Torres should have been more selective after the count was 2-0. He could have easily walked and game is tied. But the 2-0 was actually a 3-0 green light and he missed!
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hopefully they at least get Stanton and Rizzo back close to 100%. I doubt we see DJ anymore this season. That toe is a mess and it just won’t heal without long periods of rest.

Last night Stanton had great swings in the 8th inning after a horrible swing and miss with the first pitch. You could tell he was getting zeroed in on the pitches. The 3-2 outside breaking ball was a pitch he had to swing at. You can’t let that pitch hit the corner with a called strike, but he recognized it too late and missed badly.

I just don’t think this current rag tag lineup will get us to the finish line in 1st place.
    Yes you do. You voted the would win the division!! We have the proof!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

this is stanton worst season since 2016 and maybe for his entire career. he is hitting 213 stanton always crushed lefty pitching and fastballs he can do neither this year..

they voted an baseball is officially making the big changes next, including a robo ump.. Thank the Lord
    @BNightengale
    ·
    49m
    Official: The pitch clock, banning of shifts, enlarged bases, are all coming to #MLB in 2023.

@FiresideYankees
    ·
    1h
    Anthony Volpe across AA and AAA: (116 Games)

- .262/.356/.488 (.844 OPS)
    - 128 wRC+
    - 20 HRs
    - 33 2Bs
    - 4 3Bs
    - 46/52 on Stolen Bases
    - 11 Davenport Defensive Runs at SS
    - 0.65 BB/K

He's got nearly 60 XBHs and 50 SBs in under 120 games; and he should be in the Bronx right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @FiresideYankees
    ·
    1h
    Anthony Volpe across AA and AAA: (116 Games)

- .262/.356/.488 (.844 OPS)
    - 128 wRC+
    - 20 HRs
    - 33 2Bs
    - 4 3Bs
    - 46/52 on Stolen Bases
    - 11 Davenport Defensive Runs at SS
    - 0.65 BB/K

He's got nearly 60 XBHs and 50 SBs in under 120 games; and he should be in the Bronx right now.
    Do you then send Peraza bach to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Do you then send Peraza bach to AAA?
    Send Josh Donaldson to the moon

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Send Josh Donaldson to the moon

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I wonder if they regret shipping Gio out?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Volpe is going to end up at 2nd or 3rd if Peraza is on the roster. Volpe doesn't have the arm or quickness Peraza does.

There is an article about it in the spec thread about 4 Yanks who should debut next yr.

Volpe should be up now, but it's pointless because he wasn't added to the 40 man before Sept 1st. He's not playoff eligible

If I were making the moves I would have added him to the 40 man beforehand, so just in case we could use him, he would be playoff eligible

Nicky made a comp to Volpe being the golden child like Jeter and pointed out they kept Jeter at SS when they had a better one in Arod. The difference between the 2 is Volpe hasn't won 4 rings and a couple WS MVPs. He and Peraza are essentially coming up very close together and both are homegrown. The better defensive player will get SS.

I think with the shift being band next yr, u will see way more importance on defense and range going forward, like they used to do. Volpe has SS range, just not quite the arm. He and Peraza up the middle would be an incredible duo up the middle.

That said if the miss out on Judge the will likely trade both and more for Ohtani ( like they did at the deadline last month) and sign Bogart or Turner for SS. They wanted nothing to do with Correa last yr, with the poor and underperformed yr he's had I dont think they would go after him unless the yrs and dollars go way, way down. I could see them offer Correa 8yr 200m if they miss on Judge, Turner and Bogarts

Do we have any news on Bader? Last we knew he was, "ramping up", baseball activities

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Volpe is going to end up at 2nd or 3rd if Peraza is on the roster. Volpe doesn't have the arm or quickness Peraza does.

There is an article about it in the spec thread about 4 Yanks who should debut next yr.

Volpe should be up now, but it's pointless because he wasn't added to the 40 man before Sept 1st. He's not playoff eligible

If I were making the moves I would have added him to the 40 man beforehand, so just in case we could use him, he would be playoff eligible

Nicky made a comp to Volpe being the golden child like Jeter and pointed out they kept Jeter at SS when they had a better one in Arod. The difference between the 2 is Volpe hasn't won 4 rings and a couple WS MVPs. He and Peraza are essentially coming up very close together and both are homegrown. The better defensive player will get SS.

I think with the shift being band next yr, u will see way more importance on defense and range going forward, like they used to do. Volpe has SS range, just not quite the arm. He and Peraza up the middle would be an incredible duo up the middle.

That said if the miss out on Judge the will likely trade both and more for Ohtani ( like they did at the deadline last month) and sign Bogart or Turner for SS. They wanted nothing to do with Correa last yr, with the poor and underperformed yr he's had I dont think they would go after him unless the yrs and dollars go way, way down. I could see them offer Correa 8yr 200m if they miss on Judge, Turner and Bogarts
    I can totally see Judge walks and they panic. They sign Correa and trade everyone for Ohtani

Beni LF
    Correa ss
    Ohtani DH
    Stanton RF
    Rizzo 1B
    DJ 3B
    Torres 2B
    Hicks CF
    Trevino C

Nice lineup for a couple years but then it will be horrible

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast