Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The point with the Gomez trade is less about who won and more about value. Gomez was immensely valuable when he was being shopped. Whether he stink afterwards or not doesn't really matter, his value matters. And it worked out becusse hader was awesome. But if hader wasn't awesome, a couple years of a solid 3rd OF in Santana and a couple years of a good #4 starter in houser isnt a huge win. If we are trading burnes and end up just getting a few solid major leaguers, we've taken ourself out of contention most likely unless we are awesome in the draft.

If we stunk and had no chance at even competing next year'l, you make those trades 10 times out of 10. But we have a shot at competing, and that makes it hard to take on the risk of dealing Burnes. Like go back 5 years and look at the 2017 top prospect lists. It's a crapshoot, even in the top 25. There's some definite studs, there's some big time busts and there's a variety of just dudes. There's like yoan moncada types who have had 2 years of 4+ WAR but also has 2 years of sub 2 WAR. That's where there's some big risk. I don't think we'll get full busts who never play like Miami did for Yeli, but even just getting a couple solid guy isn't probably going to be a huge help long term.

I love gasser too. He could be really good. Wouldn't be the first pitching prospect to underwhelm though either. I'm excited but not writing it off as a win yet.
    That's why I think if the Brewers miss the playoffs I can see them moving on now and maximizing value. I think they'd risk more if they yet again make the playoffs and go for it one more year.

Either way, this offseason is going to be fascinating. The Brewers have 7 OFs either ready or knocking on the door of the majors. It's going to be intriguing what they do/who they go with. Yeli, Renfroe, TT, Mitchell, Frelick, Ruiz, Weimer are all either in majors or knocking at the door.

I think Turang is nearly a given to be up. Feliciano is more uncertain but right now he likely would be a platoon 2nd C. Can't be worse than Narvaez anyway as far as offense. Defensively Feliciano leaves a lot to be desired from what I have read.

Also with Mitchell/Frelick one of them is up probably Mitchell for service time reasons with Frelick since GM already up. But every young guy coming up isn't a power hitter. Which is fine, but I think that all but assures Renfroe back. Today you need power if Turang/CF is not a power hitter. I like TT as a 4th OFer but I could see him traded or play vs. lefties and be backup another year. But it is going to be so interesting seeing the roster construction unfold in the next year or two particularly in the OF. Could trade a few OF prospects for a win-now piece even...

The last 2 losses are so perfect. Williams is good so it's hard to blame him, but having a closer who isn't hader blow a game that was killer, and then the next day having Urias and Taylor get out with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 11th to win a crucial game with turang and frelick sitting in the minors is just so perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The last 2 losses are so perfect. Williams is good so it's hard to blame him, but having a closer who isn't hader blow a game that was killer, and then the next day having Urias and Taylor get out with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 11th to win a crucial game with turang and frelick sitting in the minors is just so perfect.
    THose were two of the final nails, but the season was destined to be over earlier because of an offense with same issues as last year. I think the guys who were with MKE all year in the pen were just gassed. Also said it at the time but the Hader trade sucked for this year's team and screwed up the clubhouse now I think might move on from Burnes unless Yeli like deal with some of our prospects for a guy and go for it 1 more year. Rogers fu***** sucks. Sliders down the middle constantly. I said this on Twitter a few times not sure how he was a closer, saw him suck with Twins and then had 4.5 ERA with SD

Close game after close game because the offense cant ever score enough to blow a team out. Rowdy Tellez must be like 10 for his last 80. Jace Peterson has like 2 hits since coming back. McCutchen, C position, Jace etc all .700 OPS or below. Urias sucks not an every day guy. I don't mind TT and he is super cheap so that's nice. He is kind of a perfect 4th OF. I think Frelick is in minors until July 1 for service time reasons next year also.

Turang will be everyday 2B. The Brewers have the prospects to make another Yeli like deal not sure who is out there in a similar situation they could nab. Then flip Burnes after next year for still a good haul or pair a Ruiz with Burnes.

This is going to be a fascinating offseason in MKE to see what happens/moves are made and how say the OF shakes out over the next year and beyond.
    Last edited by gopackgo87; Today at 12:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12