Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If we had to pick one of the guys to extend given what we think they might sign for, I would pick Adames I think. He's the youngest and I just don't super trust pitchers long term. Burnes would probably be the most expensive of the bunch, followed by Adames then woody, but I still think I'd take Adames.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If we had to pick one of the guys to extend given what we think they might sign for, I would pick Adames I think. He's the youngest and I just don't super trust pitchers long term. Burnes would probably be the most expensive of the bunch, followed by Adames then woody, but I still think I'd take Adames.
    I just don't trust Adames. He had a sub-.300 OBP. He is a pretty dang good defensive SS but idk. He has a 111 OPS+ career and 112 OPS+ this year so I mean that's probably kind of who he is. These should be his best years....I agree I just like Woodruff. Not super trusting of pitchers either but I don't think Woodruff is going to break the bank and a solid 15 mill per would def sign him to like 5-75. I am not anti-Adames but I wouldn't give him a huge $$$ deal. 5-100 type OK

Also I wouldn't mind waiting the market out and see if a team overpays a return for Adames if they miss out on the Big 4 in FA this winter

Thing with Willy was his babip was super low this past year. Even with him swinging for more power, I think he won't sit that low again. If you would have bumped his babip up to .325, it would have given him 17 more hits. Even if all 17 of those hits were just singles, his slash line last year would have been .268/.329/.488. Put solid defense and 30 homers with that slash line and that's a really nice player.

If someone wants to blow us away with an offer then fine, but I think that's a nice cornerstone type piece.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123