Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Nils Lundkvist has requested to be traded

Multiple reports have stated that Lundkvist has requested to be traded. They say he has no I’ll will toward the team, he just sees that making the team will be nearly impossible with Fox, Trouba & Schneider ahead of him. He would need to switch over to the left side in order to make the team and even that would be difficult with Lindgren & Miller manning that side. He realizes he would have to beat out natural lefthanded defenseman like Jones, Robertson & Skinner.

Early suggestions for trade destinations include Brooksie saying Detroit would be a perfect spot with Drury looking for a young center in return. Brooksie suggests Joe Veleno who was drafted 2 spots after Lundkvist in 2018. Veleno has 9 goals, 7 assists and 16 pts in 71 NHL games. With that being said he has 130 hits and a 48.4 % face-off win percentage. A big reason Veleno is mentioned is because of his 894k cap hit for the coming season—-we are up against the cap this year with 1 mil. in cap room, next year we will have an additional 3.4 mil. when are dead cap will be 0.

Latest rumors have Montreal being more than just interested in Nils Lundkvist as well as Vitali Kravtsov. And with Gorton being the man in charge in Montreal it makes even more interesting. The thing is that Montreal really doesn’t have any notable prospects, reports have mention Jan Mysak, a 20 yr old Czech center who’s on the smallish side at 5’11” 176 lbs. and hasn’t exactly light the lamp. Jesse Ylonen, a RW, has also been mentioned but again his numbers in the minors have been unimpressive and again smallish at 6’0 167 lbs. and the 3rd name that has come up is defenseman Jordan Harris who AGAIN is a smallish player at 5’11 185 lbs and at 22 yrs of age has yet to make a dent in the NHL. So unless Drury is willing to take draft picks there’s nothing Montreal can give us—-remember we have 1 mil. dollars in cap room so we can forget about any of their roster players.

My opinion: Lundkvists agent is Claude Lemieux( Claude lives in Huntington Beach California) and seeing that Claude made sure we traded his son to the LAKings, I can see Claude looking to get his guy in LA. Which isn’t a bad thing. LA doesn’t have a great defense—considering that only Alex Edler( who’s 36 yrs old) and Sean Durzi are really their only known defenseman on their roster—-names like Matt Roy, Bjornfot, Spence, Moverare, Michael Anderson don’t pop out. LA also has a wealth of centers. For me, Alex Turcotte and Francesco Pinelli stick out the most out of a list that includes Samuel Helenius, Akil Thomas, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Tyler Madden, Rasmus Kupari, Gabriel Vilardi, Lias Anderson and of course Byfield.

Another name that jumps out at me is: Jack Drury, Chris’s nephew who played well in the AHL last yr, 52 pts in 60 gms. Offhand, Carolina traded DeAngelo this off season because they didn’t have the cap room to re-sign him so I could see them being interested.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-03-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Latest: Anthony Scultore of ForeverBlueshirts.com has an article on his idea of where Lundkvist will end up, and I think it’s the best one so far. Anthony says he thinks the Rangers should hold on to Lundkvist and trade him/include him as part of a package at the deadline for Patrick Kane. I could see that happening as again right now we don’t have the cap for Kane but at the deadline we should once the smoke clears on who will make our team.

I would move Lundkvist in a package for someone like Kane at the deadline too. Have to move him for someone who can help right away. Not a lesser prospect or a draft pick.

This weekend the Ranger rookies will battler the Flyers rookies in Allentown—PPL center. I have tickets, I’m really excited to see Ohthman, Cuylle, Robertson, Trivigno, Jones. What to see who really have a legitimate chance at making our team.

Watched the Rangers rookies vs Flyers rookies. Personally speaking from what I saw: Jones got a lot of ice time and was not impressive, my impression was he’s just too small, Flyer players were on him quick and he couldn’t fight them off. Robertson and Emberson were the 2 guys that suck out on defense, both were defensively sound. Sykora and Trivigno were flying around everywhere. Sykora was physical, throwing the body around. Trivigno, like Jones was high and thrown around. Made a couple of nifty passes unfortunately his line mates were caught off guard when they came.

For me, Robertson, Emberson, Trivigno and Sykora were the only guys that stuck out. Yes Jones by way of the fact that he was named Captain for these games will also be held over for pro camp as will Othmann & Cuylle with the way they played last season and at the world juniors. But other than that I really didn’t see anything from any other players.

In other news, Matt Bartkowski signed a PTO with us. The 34 year old LHD as played in 256 NHL games.

Todays news, Nils Lundkvist has been dealt to the Dallas Stars for a top 10 protected 2023 1st Rd pick and a conditional 2025 4th Rd pick. Firstly if the Dallas pick falls with in the top 10 in 2023, then the Rangers will get Dallas’ 2024 1st Rd pick. As far as the 2025 4th Rd pick goes, the 2025 4th Rd pick becomes a 2025 3rd Rd pick if Lundkvist finishes with 55 points over the next two seasons for Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Todays news, Nils Lundkvist has been dealt to the Dallas Stars for a top 10 protected 2023 1st Rd pick and a conditional 2025 4th Rd pick. Firstly if the Dallas pick falls with in the top 10 in 2023, then the Rangers will get Dallas’ 2024 1st Rd pick. As far as the 2025 4th Rd pick goes, the 2025 4th Rd pick becomes a 2025 3rd Rd pick if Lundkvist finishes with 55 points over the next two seasons for Dallas.
    Drury got fantastic value for a guy that had no role on this team and might be too small for the NHL. The extra capital will pay dividends in the future especially if Dallas struggles (don’t expect them bottoming out with Oettenger in net)
    MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 • 1967 • 1982 • 2006 • 2011

New York Rangers:
    1927–28 • 1932–33 • 1939–40 • 1993–94

New York Knicks:
    1970 • 1973

New York Giants:
    1986 • 1990 • 2007 • 2011