Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Midterm Madness

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We both know he won’t read them.
    We all know they won't be unbiased.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Nope. Only you (of the two of us) has shown to be a racist and a bigot.
    Unlike your party leaders, you can't just make **** up and expect people to believe it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Unlike your party leaders, you can't just make **** up and expect people to believe it.
    Correct, I cannot. You do a great job at it though and your lefties swallow it whole. It's a large continuum among you all.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

We all know they won't be unbiased.
    https://history.house.gov/Exhibition...ent--New-Deal/

https://www.history.com/topics/us-po...mocratic-party

Progressive Era and the New Deal
    As the 19th century drew to a close, the Republicans had been firmly established as the party of big business during the Gilded Age, while the Democratic Party strongly identified with rural agrarianism and conservative values.

But during the Progressive Era, which spanned the turn of the century, the Democrats saw a split between its conservative and more progressive members. As the Democratic nominee for president in 1896, William Jennings Bryan advocated for an expanded role of government in ensuring social justice. Though he lost, Bryan’s advocacy of bigger government would influence the Democratic ideology going forward.
    Civil Rights Era
    Although Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed civil rights legislation (and sent federal troops to integrate a Little Rock high school in 1954), it was Lyndon B. Johnson, a Democrat from Texas, who would eventually sign the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 into law.

Upon signing the former bill, Johnson reportedly told his aide Bill Moyers that “I think we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.”

Over the course of the late 1960s and 1970s, more and more white Southerners voted Republican, driven not only by the issue of race, but also by white evangelical Christians’ opposition to abortion and other “culture war” issues.
    https://www.niskanencenter.org/the-r...racial-switch/

Today, Black Americans are the strongest Democratic constituency and White Southerners are the strongest Republican group—but it used to be the other way around.
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...6B9556AE1BC509

Few transformations have been more significant in American politics in recent decades than the Democratic Party's embrace of racial liberalism and Republicans' adoption of a more conservative stance towards civil rights-related policies.

would you like me to keep going?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Correct, I cannot. You do a great job at it though and your lefties swallow it whole. It's a large continuum among you all.
    must be a conspiracy then, because there are miles of data backing our opinions.

so left sources. You nailed it as I predicted in post 961
    yeah I couldn't locate one on confederateflag.com

Nope. Only you (of the two of us) has shown to be a racist and a bigot.
    You should call him a demokkkrat!

yeah I couldn't locate one on confederateflag.com
    All that there book learnin’ is racist against Republicans!

Damn, it must feel nice to be so sheepishly ignorant like brett and the GQP. Anytime you learn about something that doesn't fit your narrative, just yell "big lie" or "fake news".

Education and voting rights. These are the most powerful things we have to prevent the spread of this GQP fascism.

I was ready to write a lengthy reply, but the comments section of this propaganda site took care of it for me.

This was such a poorly written article. He calls it a myth and then explains in many ways how the parties switched. Like many of the arguments made by republicans, this one is completely devoid of context, evidence, and logic.

Read the comment section to get most of what you need to understand what's wrong with that article.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    I was ready to write a lengthy reply, but the comments section of this propaganda site took care of it for me.

This was such a poorly written article. He calls it a myth and then explains in many ways how the parties switched. Like many of the arguments made by republicans, this one is completely devoid of context, evidence, and logic.

Read the comment section to get most of what you need to understand what's wrong with that article.
    Perhaps read the article with understanding/comprehension this time around.

Perhaps read the article with understanding/comprehension this time around.
    It is my comprehension that allowed me to see the BS in that article. Your non-critical eye and blind support of it reveal your lack of understanding.

But again, whatever helps you sleep at night.

The dems like to believe this is true so they can accept their bad life choices for themselves and worse yet onto others.
    still ignoring the party shift I see. Like I said, 100 years ago I would have been Republican, you would have been Democrat.
    Abe Lincoln would be a Democrat today.

Ronald Reagan switched parties (Democrat to Republican) in 1962 for a reason. "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me."

As retaliation, conservative voters left the Democratic Party in droves and hopped onto the Barry Goldwater Republican bandwagon in 1964 after Lyndon B. Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act. Richard Nixon took advantage of this "Southern Strategy" to win in 1968. The party platform switching at the national level was all but done in 1980 with the Reagan landslide victory.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 11-29-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward (14) Fernando (shrunken) Testis Jr.

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast