Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1017

Thread: Midterm Madness

  1. #556
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,822
    The PA House flipped to Democrats. This drastically limits what they can do to **** around with unnecessary investigations and 2024.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,195
    I must admit that I got this mostly wrong. I really thought that the Democrats had frittered away an opportunity and that the Republicans were making hay with their negative messaging (guess I bought into the idiot media hype again; that and the intense national focus on my local congressional race — still undecided*).

    That said, it’s a weird commentary when a loss is a win.

    * “Connecticut’s 5th District race remained too close to call Wednesday in a nail-biter of a race between Democratic Rep. Jahana Hayes and Republican George Logan that could have consequences for both the U.S. House and the state’s congressional delegation. As of Wednesday afternoon, Hayes was narrowly leading Logan, 50.15% to 49.85%, according to unofficial results from the Connecticut Secretary of State’s office. They are separated by 759 votes, or a 0.3% margin. It’s unclear how many absentee ballots are still left.” https://ctmirror.org/2022/11/09/ct-5...-jahana-hayes/
    Last edited by Crovash; 11-09-2022 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yup!

    That Christian conservatism ******** is what cost them big here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, just Trump.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,822
    Brewers newsfeed be like:


  5. #560
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,195
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    No, just Trump.
    Too simplistic. Trump, yes, but there are a number of other washouts here, and one of them is Christian conservatism.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Too simplistic. Trump, yes, but there are a number of other washouts here, and one of them is Christian conservatism.
    Not at all. Trump was the problem yesterday. Everyone he touched flamed out. He needs to realize this and go away. He is not good for the country.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,076
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Not at all. Trump was the problem yesterday. Everyone he touched flamed out. He needs to realize this and go away. He is not good for the country.
    It's not just Trump. There's a real push back from American voters here who didn't like the stances of the GOP (in the legislator and the SC) aligning with Christian conservatives whether it was on issues like abortion, LBQT+ rights, guns, etc. They've spent decades throwing their weight around through pontificating and gaslighting and this time it didn't work.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-09-2022 at 05:57 PM.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The PA House flipped to Democrats. This drastically limits what they can do to **** around with unnecessary investigations and 2024.
    Trifecta in Michigan.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  9. #564
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,195
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Not at all. Trump was the problem yesterday. Everyone he touched flamed out. He needs to realize this and go away. He is not good for the country.
    Suit yourself, but color me not suprised that you would default to this kind of simple-minded assessment.

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Wrong thread to discuss that.
    Talking about the popularity of policy is certainly on topic.

    Take that nonsense deflection elsewhere.

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,822
    To anyone saying that Trump is the problem without doing anything to get rid of him is being foolish. Because a great number of his endorsements won.

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Protecting life is constitutional.
    The conservatives are still projected to have made gains
    1.) Forced births are not popular. It won't win over voters.

    2.) Historically low gains for the republicans. Context is important.

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    No, just Trump.
    He may be one of the top reasons, but he isn't the only one.

    Christian conservatism is not the majority anymore. If it were, we would've seen a landslide victory for them. They spouted all their usual border scares, lgbtq scares, pro birth nonsense, etc.

    And they didn't appeal to enough voters.

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    10,952
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    He may be one of the top reasons, but he isn't the only one.

    Christian conservatism is not the majority anymore. If it were, we would've seen a landslide victory for them. They spouted all their usual border scares, lgbtq scares, pro birth nonsense, etc.

    And they didn't appeal to enough voters.
    I think the big thing outside of Trump was the overturning of Roe v Wade. In a lot of peoples minds that was never going to get overturned so they never had to worry about it and now that it was overturned and almost every Republican said they would be voting for anti-abortion bills it scared a lot of people especially young people.

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think the big thing outside of Trump was the overturning of Roe v Wade. In a lot of peoples minds that was never going to get overturned so they never had to worry about it and now that it was overturned and almost every Republican said they would be voting for anti-abortion bills it scared a lot of people especially young people.
    Very true. We also started to hear about them going after contraceptives, gay marriage, etc. If they were bold enough to overturn Roe V Wade, then they'd go after other freedoms as well.

    Forced christian conservatism is a huge factor in the minds of voters.

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •