Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Midterm Madness

The PA House flipped to Democrats. This drastically limits what they can do to **** around with unnecessary investigations and 2024.

I must admit that I got this mostly wrong. I really thought that the Democrats had frittered away an opportunity and that the Republicans were making hay with their negative messaging (guess I bought into the idiot media hype again; that and the intense national focus on my local congressional race — still undecided*).

That said, it’s a weird commentary when a loss is a win.

* “Connecticut’s 5th District race remained too close to call Wednesday in a nail-biter of a race between Democratic Rep. Jahana Hayes and Republican George Logan that could have consequences for both the U.S. House and the state’s congressional delegation. As of Wednesday afternoon, Hayes was narrowly leading Logan, 50.15% to 49.85%, according to unofficial results from the Connecticut Secretary of State’s office. They are separated by 759 votes, or a 0.3% margin. It’s unclear how many absentee ballots are still left.” https://ctmirror.org/2022/11/09/ct-5...-jahana-hayes/
    Last edited by Crovash; 11-09-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yup!

That Christian conservatism ******** is what cost them big here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, just Trump.

Brewers newsfeed be like:

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    No, just Trump.
    Too simplistic. Trump, yes, but there are a number of other washouts here, and one of them is Christian conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Too simplistic. Trump, yes, but there are a number of other washouts here, and one of them is Christian conservatism.
    Not at all. Trump was the problem yesterday. Everyone he touched flamed out. He needs to realize this and go away. He is not good for the country.

Not at all. Trump was the problem yesterday. Everyone he touched flamed out. He needs to realize this and go away. He is not good for the country.
    It's not just Trump. There's a real push back from American voters here who didn't like the stances of the GOP (in the legislator and the SC) aligning with Christian conservatives whether it was on issues like abortion, LBQT+ rights, guns, etc. They've spent decades throwing their weight around through pontificating and gaslighting and this time it didn't work.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-09-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The PA House flipped to Democrats. This drastically limits what they can do to **** around with unnecessary investigations and 2024.
    Trifecta in Michigan.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Suit yourself, but color me not suprised that you would default to this kind of simple-minded assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Wrong thread to discuss that.
    Talking about the popularity of policy is certainly on topic.

Take that nonsense deflection elsewhere.

To anyone saying that Trump is the problem without doing anything to get rid of him is being foolish. Because a great number of his endorsements won.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Protecting life is constitutional.
    The conservatives are still projected to have made gains
    1.) Forced births are not popular. It won't win over voters.

2.) Historically low gains for the republicans. Context is important.

No, just Trump.
    He may be one of the top reasons, but he isn't the only one.

Christian conservatism is not the majority anymore. If it were, we would've seen a landslide victory for them. They spouted all their usual border scares, lgbtq scares, pro birth nonsense, etc.

And they didn't appeal to enough voters.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    He may be one of the top reasons, but he isn't the only one.

Christian conservatism is not the majority anymore. If it were, we would've seen a landslide victory for them. They spouted all their usual border scares, lgbtq scares, pro birth nonsense, etc.

And they didn't appeal to enough voters.
    I think the big thing outside of Trump was the overturning of Roe v Wade. In a lot of peoples minds that was never going to get overturned so they never had to worry about it and now that it was overturned and almost every Republican said they would be voting for anti-abortion bills it scared a lot of people especially young people.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think the big thing outside of Trump was the overturning of Roe v Wade. In a lot of peoples minds that was never going to get overturned so they never had to worry about it and now that it was overturned and almost every Republican said they would be voting for anti-abortion bills it scared a lot of people especially young people.
    Very true. We also started to hear about them going after contraceptives, gay marriage, etc. If they were bold enough to overturn Roe V Wade, then they'd go after other freedoms as well.

Forced christian conservatism is a huge factor in the minds of voters.

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast