Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Midterm Madness

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Yeah it looks like the GQP machine (fox being a big part of that) is already doing things to make people question the results. As if they weren't psychotic already.
    Weird how they'll only talk about conspiratorial threats to elections when its Democrats who win. Are they going to say a damn thing if Republicans take the Senate and the house? Not a word I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Weird how they'll only talk about conspiratorial threats to elections when its Democrats who win. Are they going to say a damn thing if Republicans take the Senate and the house? Not a word I'm sure.
    Actually, a number of them pulled this crap when they lost the Republican primaries — which, when you think about it — is even more frightening for the future of American elections.

As much as I hope I am wrong, I genuinely believe the country has crossed the Rubicon, and our democracy (such as it ever was, really) is in dire straits.

Let's hope the Republicans don't take over, they are all about retribution, full support for the so-called job creators, austerity policies when it comes to social needs, and repressing those they don't like. Kiss the Ukrainian's financial support good-by or greatly cut.

I fully expect them to do a lot of stupid or harmful grandstanding, expensive, and empty things like Gov. Abbott is doing in Texas.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Actually, a number of them pulled this crap when they lost the Republican primaries — which, when you think about it — is even more frightening for the future of American elections.

As much as I hope I am wrong, I genuinely believe the country has crossed the Rubicon, and our democracy (such as it ever was, really) is in dire straits.
    They crossed that line for me when they lie us into invading Iraq. They got what they wanted, but it cost them the faith that the public had in them. After that, the tea party emerges from the republican party which is the predecessor to the Qanon nuts. The birther movement was created by Trump. Even the utter disappointment of the Obama administration, which was supposed to be the "Change you can believe in" administration after the turmoil of George W/Cheney's administration has caused dissension among the democratic base. That whole period you could see the middle was falling apart into separate fractions. I blame our leaders for it after years of demonizing the other and decades of kicking the can down the road on social issues. The chickens are coming home to roost. Sorry to hear about Pelosi's husband, not too many others are where I live. Bad Omen. Members of Congress should up their security. There are a lot of guns out there to match the hate for them.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-29-2022 at 10:29 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

So they just happened to catch a sign on fire in a rural area and able to snap a pic so you can still tell who it was? People believe this?

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/st..._g4kspcQrutrGg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So they just happened to catch a sign on fire in a rural area and able to snap a pic so you can still tell who it was? People believe this?

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/st..._g4kspcQrutrGg

Wait, are you telling me that we live in a time where just about everyone has access to video and photo recording capabilities? I wonder what magical device is capable of doing such things...

And how on earth are these devices not so large that everyone can see them out in the open? It's almost like you're alluding to a device that fits in one's pocket.

Idk man. I'm just as skeptical as you. This all sounds too outrageous to be true. What times are we living in anyway?????

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Wait, are you telling me that we live in a time where just about everyone has access to video and photo recording capabilities? I wonder what magical device is capable of doing such things...

And how on earth are these devices not so large that everyone can see them out in the open? It's almost like you're alluding to a device that fits in one's pocket.

Idk man. I'm just as skeptical as you. This all sounds too outrageous to be true. What times are we living in anyway?????
    The time it takes to light that to burn to the ground the chances that someone out in the rural county would catch that is very slim

More likely they paid a campaign staffer to go out and burn it and get the pic at the perfect time

You should be a detective.

The time it takes to light that to burn to the ground the chances that someone out in the rural county would catch that is very slim

More likely they paid a campaign staffer to go out and burn it and get the pic at the perfect time
    And…

RCP just moved the WA senate race from lean democrat to toss up as Tiffany Smiley surges in several late polls

RCP just moved the WA senate race from lean democrat to toss up as Tiffany Smiley surges in several late polls

Murray will win by double digits despite right wing polls like Trafailgar flooding the zone
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Living in WA I can say I get over a dozen automated texts for Tiffany Smiley every week and I don't recall ever receiving one for her opposition.

I don't know if Democrats here are taking a D victory for granted or Smiley's campaign is working their *** off, but the disparity in outreach has been apparent.

Cook Political Report - which, unlike RCP, isn't a right-wing site - still has it as leaning Democrat.

https://www.cookpolitical.com/rating...e-race-ratings

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Cook Political Report - which, unlike RCP, isn't a right-wing site - still has it as leaning Democrat.

https://www.cookpolitical.com/rating...e-race-ratings
    The fact that it's leaning Dem at all should be a troubling site, the dem's should be up by 10 points in Washington.
    This ignores the fact that going back more than half a decade and particularly in mid-term years republican support is undercounted by polls.

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast