Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Your whole thing has been.... Throw big money at every position and get about a 1000 people doing analytics...Pretty simple!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Just for my amusment....How many 300 million contracts would justify getting a "ring" ?
    Doesn't matter. No cap.
    When you're in the window , do what it takes. The Sox actively chose to not take risks. Just a losing franchise.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 12-06-2022 at 02:20 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Doesn't matter. No cap.
    When you're in the window , do what it takes. The Sox actively chose to not take risks. Just a losing franchise.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    As always, some great insight into the WS and their payroll.

You should be a Ranger fan. They've added big time contracts such as Seager, Semien, and DeGrom to their roster in the last 2 years (and still have a lower payroll than us). They're such a great team. Oh wait.

Hendriks has been involved in trade talks and I think it's going to happen. We have a few guys I'm confident can serve in his role in 2023 and he would bring back some good pieces. I do think LAD will be reluctant to trade Lux now with Turner gone.

Hendriks/Kath to NYY for Torres and Montas would be nice. Buy low on Montas and trade Giolito for an OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Hendriks has been involved in trade talks and I think it's going to happen. We have a few guys I'm confident can serve in his role in 2023 and he would bring back some good pieces. I do think LAD will be reluctant to trade Lux now with Turner gone.

Hendriks/Kath to NYY for Torres and Montas would be nice. Buy low on Montas and trade Giolito for an OF.
    I'd be down for those two moves.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I feel like we can get more for Hendriks. Also the closer job is Lopezís if we move Hendriks.

Iíd be ok with a Hendriks trade. Iíve always felt a high price closer is a luxury that only a few teams can afford, and usually when it is the final piece of the puzzle. When you have as many areas of need that the Sox do, that money is probably better spent elsewhere.

Now, the trick is finding a trading partner who is in the market for a high priced closer, that is willing to part with the assets we need, while they themselves are in their own window of contention. It might require a 3 way deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I feel like we can get more for Hendriks. Also the closer job is Lopezís if we move Hendriks.
    Yes, closer is an odd position in that viable candidates can pop up out of nowhere. It can range from young flame throwers, to reclamation former starters. Think Hendriks, Eckersley and Daniel Hudson. Lopez might be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

Of course, no secret where I stand on Giolito. Just wish it was last year when the return would have been quad what weíll get now. Hopefully there is a team out there that feels 2022 was an outlier and not a trend.

Not sure about trading Giolito....Unless he's part of a bigger deal where we get a young ready for the major's starter back, preferably a left hander....We really do not have a replacement for him on the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Iíd be ok with a Hendriks trade. Iíve always felt a high price closer is a luxury that only a few teams can afford, and usually when it is the final piece of the puzzle. When you have as many areas of need that the Sox do, that money is probably better spent elsewhere.

Now, the trick is finding a trading partner who is in the market for a high priced closer, that is willing to part with the assets we need, while they themselves are in their own window of contention. It might require a 3 way deal.
    Yep only a handful of teams willing to take on a RP with that AAV. Rules out teams with good farm systems (even though we need mlb roster players) like PIT, MIA, TBR, OAK, KC, etc.

Atlanta could be looking if Jansen doesn't come back. Dodgers still I'd say in the mix too as well as the Red Sox.

Would be awesome if we could swing a deal for the other Contreras down in ATL to be our catcher for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Not sure about trading Giolito....Unless he's part of a bigger deal where we get a young ready for the major's starter back, preferably a left hander....We really do not have a replacement for him on the roster...
    What if we traded him and brought back Cueto?

I'd prefer if we traded Gio, someone like Wacha....I appreciate the job Cueto did last year. And I'm not sure how the pitch clock would affect him...He tends to slow it down at times to get his bearings...

Atlanta would be crazy not to want a closer. Their BP struggled last year. Dodgers would probably jump for Hendriks. Red Sox arenít afraid to make deals.

Philís could even be an option. There wonít be a shortage of takers.

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast