Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Blue Jays @ Yankees Aug 18-21

The Toronto Blue Jays (61-54) are headed to Yankee Stadium on Thursday where they will try to defeat the New York Yankees (72-45). The expected starting pitchers will be Jose Berrios and Frankie Montas.

Toronto has a slugging rate of .432 and have been called out on strikes 895 times, while drawing a walk on 335 occasions. They have recorded 525 RBI's in addition to 1,030 base knocks on the season, while their batting average is at .263. The Blue Jays have compiled 215 doubles as a unit and have smacked 147 baseballs out of the park. They have earned 538 runs scored while having a team OBP of .325. As a team, the Toronto Blue Jays are knocking in 4.7 runs per game, which has them sitting at 6th in the league.

New York has a total of 192 home runs so far this season to go along with 571 RBIs. They have recorded 167 two-baggers, while getting a free base 456 times as well as putting up 597 runs. The New York Yankees have an OBP of .326 and a team batting average of .241 over the course of the season. The Yankees hold a slugging % of .434 and they average 5.10 runs per contest (2nd in the league). They have been rung up on 994 occasions (14th in baseball) and have a total of 947 base knocks.

The Yankees have a team WHIP of 1.105 with a FIP of 3.54 as a pitching staff over the course of the season. They have earned a K/BB ratio of 3.40 (1,057 strikeouts against 311 bases on balls). They have a ranking of 3rd in MLB as a pitching staff in total hits surrendered with 848. They have relinquished 115 home runs and they allow 3.45 runs per 9 innings (3rd in baseball). The New York pitching staff have surrendered 402 runs this year and come in with a team ERA of 3.29 (383 earned runs given up).

New York relief pitchers have an inherited score rate of 31.4% out of 156 inherited runners. Their relief pitchers have come in 136 times in high leverage situations and on 119 occasions with runners on. Sitting with 117 save situations, the Yankees have earned 61 holds and also 17 blown saves. They rank 12th in baseball with a save rate of 67.3%, and they have sent 360 relief pitchers to the hill over the course of the season. New York has called on relief pitchers to step onto the mound in 52 save chances and they have walked away with 35 saves.

In 9,447 innings played, the Yankees are sitting with a defensive efficiency of 72.2% (2nd in MLB). The New York Yankees have turned 74 double plays and hold a fielding percentage of .988 (3rd in MLB). The Yankees have accrued 1,063 assists, 50 errors and have a total of 3,149 putouts on the season.

Blue Jays @ Yankees

Thu, Aug 18 7:05 PM EDT
    Jose Berrios
    RHP
    8-5, 5.61 ERA, 108 SO

Frankie Montas
    RHP
    4-9, 3.59 ERA, 115 SO

Fri, Aug 19 7:05 PM EDT
    Kevin Gausman
    RHP
    8-9, 3.16 ERA, 142 SO

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    11-3, 3.95 ERA, 108 SO

Sat, Aug 20 1:05 PM EDT
    TBD

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    9-5, 3.30 ERA, 184 SO

Sun, Aug 21 1:35 PM EDT
    TBD

Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    9-4, 2.74 ERA, 128 SO
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-18-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I feel like Montas needs to win for them to split at the least.

We know what Cole is and he will likely continue to be up and down with more up than down.

We know Tallion is going to be a question mark till he's no longer a Yankee He can have great games but seems to be finding his level around 4+ ERA

Nestor is right now, the most reliable.

I feel confident Nestor will give the team a W but he's the only one in whom I have confidence

Ignorance is bliss

1 DJ 2b
    2 Judge RF
    3 Rizzo 1st
    4 JD 3rd
    5 Benny LF
    6 Torres DH
    7 O Cab SS ( Hell yes)
    8 Trevino C
    9 Flo CF (Bam0

So they are giving the kids a real shot and O Cab at SS? win. Best non Stanton lineup i've seen in the last month

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I feel like Montas needs to win for them to split at the least.

We know what Cole is and he will likely continue to be up and down with more up than down.

We know Tallion is going to be a question mark till he's no longer a Yankee He can have great games but seems to be finding his level around 4+ ERA

Nestor is right now, the most reliable.

I feel confident Nestor will give the team a W but he's the only one in whom I have confidence
    I think with a good performance, Montas can go along way towards earning his pinstripes tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 DJ 2b
    2 Judge RF
    3 Rizzo 1st
    4 JD 3rd
    5 Benny LF
    6 Torres DH
    7 O Cab SS ( Hell yes)
    8 Trevino C
    9 Flo CF (Bam0

So they are giving the kids a real shot and O Cab at SS? win. Best non Stanton lineup i've seen in the last month
    I am pleasantly surprised at the lineup

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 DJ 2b
    2 Judge RF
    3 Rizzo 1st
    4 JD 3rd
    5 Benny LF
    6 Torres DH
    7 O Cab SS ( Hell yes)
    8 Trevino C
    9 Flo CF (Bam0

I like the speed of this lineup Flo and O Cab can really scoot and most of the others have the wheels to not be station to station like the Yankees have been in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Speed is great. A major asset and weapon. In order to utilize you need to hit.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I like the speed of this lineup Flo and O Cab can really scoot and most of the others have the wheels to not be station to station like the Yankees have been in the past.

You take JD out of that lineup and put Stanton in there, thats the best, most balanced, with speed, contact and power we've had all yr IMO. I would be 100% comfortable putting that same lineup out there against RHed pitching in the playoffs.

IMO, it's also far better defensively with all the up the middle position being very strong as well as very good defense on the corners. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with that lineup when Stanton gets back. I'm just very happy that they brought the kids up to play. SS is O Cab's 3rd best defensive position, so we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Speed is great. A major asset and weapon. In order to utilize you need to hit.
    Ehh, i would agree hitting is a big part, but look at the difference Flo speed made in CF last night. Like Clown said, that first ball hit over his head was very similar to the ball the Hicks horribly misplayed the other night. That show string catch was made because of his speed closing that gap. Hicks doesn't make that play, 0 chance.

Nice ****ing trade Cashman

Ignorance is bliss

Can we tell Oakland we were only kidding with the Montas trade?

The Frankie Montas trade continues to pay dividends. BTW... Monty is 3-0 since Cashman gifted him to the Cardinals.

toronto will score a lot of runs in this series.. this is not the anemic rays we are facing... if the yankees do not hit or have a pitcher throw a great game they can be swept..

Frankie is fkn trash

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sure is.lucky we didn't get Castillo; would have meant we would have missed out on getting Montas.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast