Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    These last 2 games in NY have been a complete lack of effort. I understand they are short some bodies- but the warriors need to learn atleast manage the game and not let it become an avalanche. Despite what Fitz will have you believe.. a team starting 12/13 from the floor against you isnt just bad luck......
    Oh yeah, they suck right now.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    18,096
    Anyone think Drays punch is still having a lingering effect?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Anyone think Drays punch is still having a lingering effect?
    I don't know. I think DDV and Green getting slow starts added to Klay not working out all off-season set the Warriors up for a slow start, Poole coming out super cold coming off the bench, essentially using only 13 roster spots (with the Iguodala spot), and the 5 roster spots for 21 and under players are all contributing factors as well.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    18,096
    Ugly win but Iíll take it. Tomorrow is a big game against the Jazz. We need another win.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Ugly win but Iíll take it. Tomorrow is a big game against the Jazz. We need another win.
    There are parts of this team that I really like, but the home/away inconsistency definitely points to immaturity. On the bright side DDV is playing better and better every game, Poole clearly plays far better when he starts, and the youngsters are still showing high end talent. On the downside the kids' game doesn't travel, and they still make mistakes.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    18,096
    Huge win. Hopefully the minutes the kids are getting with the injuries will help them take it to the road. We need to finish this home stand strong. Wiggins comes back Friday I believe and Curry hopefully soon after that.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Huge win. Hopefully the minutes the kids are getting with the injuries will help them take it to the road. We need to finish this home stand strong. Wiggins comes back Friday I believe and Curry hopefully soon after that.
    I believe that was the plan all along. To suffer some this year while building up the young players to be ready to contribute. I also think the plan is going slower than planned.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    18,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I believe that was the plan all along. To suffer some this year while building up the young players to be ready to contribute. I also think the plan is going slower than planned.

    This home stand has been huge for them. Learning to win ugly should carry over to the road.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    This home stand has been huge for them. Learning to win ugly should carry over to the road.
    Their offense during this home stand is still dog **** ... 27th in the NBA over this stretch ... but the defense is #1 in the NBA. Hopefully they learn the lesson that relying on the offense is a losing strategy in the NBA in the long run.

    A few games from the mid-point of the season ...

    On the big positives this year:
    Curry is still getting better somehow.
    Wiggins is much more finals Wiggins this regular season than I expected.
    DDV, I expected him to be good, but he's better than I thought, and he's just starting to figure it out.
    The 2 ways ... I think it's fair to say the Warriors nailed it with these two. Their defense and offense are better than expected and they, like DDV are just starting to figure it out.
    Klay, after a horrid start is starting to figure out that he can be effective still and isn't pushing as hard. His defense is more physical and his offense has more creation than it used to.
    Dray, his offense has improves which isn't saying much since it was so bad, his defense is still great and he's been doing a good job on the leadership side.
    Poole, he's got more moves, is stronger and more confident. But he's also pissed off the refs a LOT, and seems to struggle when he doesn't start.
    Kuminga, the focused on his ball handling, passing, and movement as well as his defense, and it shows.
    PBJ, the shooting and game knowledge are not a surprise, his health was clearly a problem in college and he may actually be healthy now, could be closer to a steal than a bust.
    JaMychal is more springy than I expected and he's physical, but his offense and defense are just okay.
    Looney is the same ... I wish he would shoot more since he makes most of the ones he shoots.

    Downsides:
    Wiseman missing time again. Mostly he's been what I expected ... he's long and skilled but he just doesn't have enough time playing organized ball to know whats happening fast enough.
    Moody not playing ... he hasn't been bad but he has been passive and Kerr isn't playing him.
    Rollins not nearly ready. The game is too fast and he doesn't have the skill.

    Incomplete
    Iguodala, Kerr seems to value him on the bench, and he talks about him being healthy and just being saved for the stretch. I'm not sold yet.

    All in all I really like this team, I just wish they won at least 5 of those road games where they had a lead in the 4th.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,321
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Huge win. Hopefully the minutes the kids are getting with the injuries will help them take it to the road. We need to finish this home stand strong. Wiggins comes back Friday I believe and Curry hopefully soon after that.
    Im starting to wonder whats going on with wiggins. Im wondering if a trade is being worked on behind the scenes..... I looked through the history and wiggins has never ever ever ever missed 14 games straight even in college. I also dont even remember seeing the injury happen on any play. And now he has some undisclosed illness that isnt even an injury.

    I also think the jamichael green leg infection is a little weird, along with wiseman skipping development time over a tweak (as kerr described it)


    fitz and buikee said we are getting guys back soon (and this was the week before xmas)- but it seems like we are losing guys faster than they are coming back. Now kuminga is out too.


    Scoots- this is why i was concerned with iggy as the 14th roster spot. When you have half the rotation sitting out- LOL hes more like the 8th roster spot now

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Im starting to wonder whats going on with wiggins. Im wondering if a trade is being worked on behind the scenes..... I looked through the history and wiggins has never ever ever ever missed 14 games straight even in college. I also dont even remember seeing the injury happen on any play. And now he has some undisclosed illness that isnt even an injury.

    I also think the jamichael green leg infection is a little weird, along with wiseman skipping development time over a tweak (as kerr described it)


    fitz and buikee said we are getting guys back soon (and this was the week before xmas)- but it seems like we are losing guys faster than they are coming back. Now kuminga is out too.


    Scoots- this is why i was concerned with iggy as the 14th roster spot. When you have half the rotation sitting out- LOL hes more like the 8th roster spot now
    Not too interested in speculating about injuries. Stylyz, I too was out on Iguodala this year.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    18,096
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Im starting to wonder whats going on with wiggins. Im wondering if a trade is being worked on behind the scenes..... I looked through the history and wiggins has never ever ever ever missed 14 games straight even in college. I also dont even remember seeing the injury happen on any play. And now he has some undisclosed illness that isnt even an injury.

    I also think the jamichael green leg infection is a little weird, along with wiseman skipping development time over a tweak (as kerr described it)


    fitz and buikee said we are getting guys back soon (and this was the week before xmas)- but it seems like we are losing guys faster than they are coming back. Now kuminga is out too.


    Scoots- this is why i was concerned with iggy as the 14th roster spot. When you have half the rotation sitting out- LOL hes more like the 8th roster spot now
    Iím not interested in speculating on injuries with you. Far far too conspiracy like for me.

    Still have no issue with Iggy. Heís been huge for the kids and they always bring him up. If you want to be upset be upset over not using the 15th spot.

    Ty and Lamb have both been much better than I expected. I knew Lamb would be a good fit but wasnít really sure about Ty. Crazy to think he was draft in the same draft as Poole but a few spots before him.

    Look at this as a chance for Moody to get big minutes.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    18,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Their offense during this home stand is still dog **** ... 27th in the NBA over this stretch ... but the defense is #1 in the NBA. Hopefully they learn the lesson that relying on the offense is a losing strategy in the NBA in the long run.

    A few games from the mid-point of the season ...

    On the big positives this year:
    Curry is still getting better somehow.
    Wiggins is much more finals Wiggins this regular season than I expected.
    DDV, I expected him to be good, but he's better than I thought, and he's just starting to figure it out.
    The 2 ways ... I think it's fair to say the Warriors nailed it with these two. Their defense and offense are better than expected and they, like DDV are just starting to figure it out.
    Klay, after a horrid start is starting to figure out that he can be effective still and isn't pushing as hard. His defense is more physical and his offense has more creation than it used to.
    Dray, his offense has improves which isn't saying much since it was so bad, his defense is still great and he's been doing a good job on the leadership side.
    Poole, he's got more moves, is stronger and more confident. But he's also pissed off the refs a LOT, and seems to struggle when he doesn't start.
    Kuminga, the focused on his ball handling, passing, and movement as well as his defense, and it shows.
    PBJ, the shooting and game knowledge are not a surprise, his health was clearly a problem in college and he may actually be healthy now, could be closer to a steal than a bust.
    JaMychal is more springy than I expected and he's physical, but his offense and defense are just okay.
    Looney is the same ... I wish he would shoot more since he makes most of the ones he shoots.

    Downsides:
    Wiseman missing time again. Mostly he's been what I expected ... he's long and skilled but he just doesn't have enough time playing organized ball to know whats happening fast enough.
    Moody not playing ... he hasn't been bad but he has been passive and Kerr isn't playing him.
    Rollins not nearly ready. The game is too fast and he doesn't have the skill.

    Incomplete
    Iguodala, Kerr seems to value him on the bench, and he talks about him being healthy and just being saved for the stretch. I'm not sold yet.

    All in all I really like this team, I just wish they won at least 5 of those road games where they had a lead in the 4th.
    Iggy isnít about playing heís here to lead the kids and teach them to be proís. They all glow about him. Kerr just canít outright say we signed him as a player/coach with no intention of playing him.

    Iíd move JMG to downsides. He hasnít been as good as I thought heíd be for us. Agree with the rest. DDV is a beast man, hereís to hoping he doesnít opt out for more money on the market cause if he keeps playing like this there will be a long line of suitors.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,321
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Iggy isnít about playing heís here to lead the kids and teach them to be proís. They all glow about him. Kerr just canít outright say we signed him as a player/coach with no intention of playing him.

    Iíd move JMG to downsides. He hasnít been as good as I thought heíd be for us. Agree with the rest. DDV is a beast man, hereís to hoping he doesnít opt out for more money on the market cause if he keeps playing like this there will be a long line of suitors.
    The warriors need to do a better job at managing games when their shot isnt falling. I dont know if the coaching staff needs to put a hard limit on the number of 3s allowed at 10 attempts per quarter or something...... but the team doesnt even look for reasonable shots when their 3 isnt falling. I would like to target 12 dunks a game. Draymond absolutely should not be looking for spot up 3s after a time out when the warriors need a good shot. and klay pisses me off. when he gets the ball he is dead set on taking a shot even if there are 3 guys on him. they just need to have simple plays to get reasonable shots when they need scores. the other teams defense is not that great.... warriors just dont work to get good shots. they settle for garbage

    It annoys me that they waste the entire shot clock running laps around draymond 28 feet from the basket and still end up with a contested 26 footer that they have to squeez off. Or they have the bulls in the penalty and nobody on the team gets within 10 feet of the basket for over 3 minutes.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45,040
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The warriors need to do a better job at managing games when their shot isnt falling. I dont know if the coaching staff needs to put a hard limit on the number of 3s allowed at 10 attempts per quarter or something...... but the team doesnt even look for reasonable shots when their 3 isnt falling. I would like to target 12 dunks a game. Draymond absolutely should not be looking for spot up 3s after a time out when the warriors need a good shot. and klay pisses me off. when he gets the ball he is dead set on taking a shot even if there are 3 guys on him. they just need to have simple plays to get reasonable shots when they need scores. the other teams defense is not that great.... warriors just dont work to get good shots. they settle for garbage

    It annoys me that they waste the entire shot clock running laps around draymond 28 feet from the basket and still end up with a contested 26 footer that they have to squeez off. Or they have the bulls in the penalty and nobody on the team gets within 10 feet of the basket for over 3 minutes.
    The offense doesn't bug me as much as the defense. I am starting to think they really do miss Mike Brown.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •