Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    the team has scored 8 runs in 57 innings.

lots of fans are leaving the park never seen so many empty seats at the stadium when the game is not yet over...

fans have lost faith in this team..

At this point watching funny cats videos on youtube is way more entertaining than the Yankees right now.

Waste of 2-3 hours in anybody's life.

Let's hope they get better soon or else even the division may not be as secure as they think.

Trivino was a good find.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

If I was Judge I'd probably be looking forward to getting out of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the team has scored 8 runs in 57 innings.
    Make that 8 runs in 59 innings

And shutout 3X in last 6 games.

Boone just says they are close, good swings, bad luck, the same ole excuses.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

So far in August they are 3and 10, with 15 games remaining this month they need to win 11 of 15 to finish at 500 for the month, ain't gonna happen folks. After this month they will have 31 games remaining, lets assume they finish respectfully with a 20 and 11 record, I doubt this team will finish with 100 wins. Still playoff bound, they could peak in October.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    as much as I don't care for Boone, this mess is 100% on Cashman's arse. Boone can only play the players on the roster and Cash is clearly not giving him the option of having the best 26 man roster they can put on the field

Hicks shouldn't be starting, Locastro shouldn't be on the roster, IKF isn't the best option at SS, Marwin is worthless and 2 of our best BP options are in AAA.

The best 26 man roster includes Flo, Peraza, Cabrera, probably Volpe, Schmidt, Marinaccio and probably Rich Rodriguez
    Correct, Day! This is Cashman's mess. Although some of Boone's moves in this losing streak are positively boneheaded and he seems incapable of bringing and fire and joy back to this team. It's easy to smile when everything is working but this team looks dead. Now is the time to bring in some kids, if anything to feed off their youthful hunger.

As I've said before I do not believe in Flo. Just don't think he'll ever be able to hit a breaking ball. Having said that, Hicks can't hit any kind of ball - even a beach ball - and Flo would be superior in every way, at least until the new guy's foot heals.
    Gleyber should have gone to get us a front line pitcher. He has the talent, but no head. Belongs in the 6 or 7 hole where the pressure is much less. Clubbing 30 homers is a lot easier in low leverage situations.
    IKF is just okay. He's having a good month and doesn't deserve the hate but seems best suited to a utility role.
    Peraza needs to be up and Marwin needs to be gone. Let's give the kid a taste and see if he ignites us.

Because anybody can do better than this team is currently doing.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    At this point watching funny cats videos on youtube is way more entertaining than the Yankees right now.

Waste of 2-3 hours in anybody's life.

Let's hope they get better soon or else even the division may not be as secure as they think.
    I donít know. Toronto, TB didnít take advantage. The lead after this monthly debacle is still at 10. Yanks basically lost 5 games with all of this mess in the way. But it is time to wake up as somebody always gets hit for the final 6 weeks.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Correct, Day! This is Cashman's mess. Although some of Boone's moves in this losing streak are positively boneheaded and he seems incapable of bringing and fire and joy back to this team. It's easy to smile when everything is working but this team looks dead. Now is the time to bring in some kids, if anything to feed off their youthful hunger.

As I've said before I do not believe in Flo. Just don't think he'll ever be able to hit a breaking ball. Having said that, Hicks can't hit any kind of ball - even a beach ball - and Flo would be superior in every way, at least until the new guy's foot heals.
    Gleyber should have gone to get us a front line pitcher. He has the talent, but no head. Belongs in the 6 or 7 hole where the pressure is much less. Clubbing 30 homers is a lot easier in low leverage situations.
    IKF is just okay. He's having a good month and doesn't deserve the hate but seems best suited to a utility role.
    Peraza needs to be up and Marwin needs to be gone. Let's give the kid a taste and see if he ignites us.

Because anybody can do better than this team is currently doing.

There is a reason why Flo is still in the minors. And it is not to save his control. Remember, Flo is facing minor league competition. There are tons of terrific minor league players that just are good in the minors.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-16-2022 at 07:41 AM.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    judge hit into 2 d/p today rare that you see judge have 2 terrible games back to back,,
    Trade his *** NOW!

Guy has been carrying the team all season! He needs more protection.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think the good news is, it can't get worse than last night. (Well, I guess pitching could implode and they lose 19-0)

But that was as crappy of a loss as I've seen this year. Poor fielding, non competitive ABs, (ahem) Trivino

What goes down, must come up and even if they stay down, there are 46 games left. It will be very tough for them to lose a first round buy

They would likely need to go 20-26 or worse and The Jays or Rays or Guardians, would need to get really hot, (Which they haven't done to this point)
    This team will likely continue to make their "withdrawals" and end the season with 90-95 wins and go into the playoffs at full strength regarding pitching and lineup.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Plus the bum struckout 3 times last night!
    Bum?

Nick when did you make the switch from bourbon to crack?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    So far in August they are 3and 10, with 15 games remaining this month they need to win 11 of 15 to finish at 500 for the month, ain't gonna happen folks. After this month they will have 31 games remaining, lets assume they finish respectfully with a 20 and 11 record, I doubt this team will finish with 100 wins. Still playoff bound, they could peak in October.
    I suspect that has been the hope all along. They are letting Stanton, Sevy and Bader have as much time as they need to get totally healthy.

This is the reason I try and temper my judgment on a team. I didn't think they would be a great team. They started slowly but then got absurdly hot. I felt they needed to have a cold streak to show who they were. Well, they have certainly found that chilliness or rather ice age. I think they are better than this but not as good as they were.
    That said, I also agree with your post and the last bolded. A well timed hot streak could earn them a trip to the WS and title. The only concern is the opponents in September.
    6 vs the Rays- As division rivals, they scare me. If they are in the hunt, even more
    6 vs the sox- Sox should always scare us. Especially in a spoiler role
    3 vs the twins - Maybe be a non issue but right now in the hunt for a WC
    3 vs the Brewers- Same as the twins. They may lose steam but they still have a WC shot
    3 vs the Jays - Division rivals who may be in the hunt
    3 Vs the Os- I think they ill fade but another team who is young and would love to trash a season

So 24 out of those 31 games are vs teams with legit condensers or division rivals.
    The rest of this month is no joke with 2 vs the Rays, 4 vs the Jays and 2 vs the Mets.
    I think they need to get fat vs the As and the angels.

We all have to admit that them steamrolling the season would have gotten boring. This is way more fun.
    I like that steamroller, kind of season for the second or third year of back to back to back!

Ignorance is bliss

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast