Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Braves

2006 rough 2007 rough 2008 rough 2015 rough 2016 rough wtf

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If MeGill can handle RP and Smith somehow comes back... Can we carry them in the playoffs instead of Givens and May? I'd rather Nogosek than both these guys

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Smith is too homer prone to trust him. Megill could be a big weapon, he can probably get up to a 100 in reliefs apps. Diaz/Megill/Lugo/Otto should be our main BP arms.

PAY ME!!!!

Baty is very poised at 22. I hope he can stick with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    To close for comfort. METS and buck lucky because that could have slipped away. Plus tomorrow game iffy with relief and rain potential.
    Could woulda shoulda. They werenít ďluckyĒ. They scored 2 more runs than their opponents. Thatís called a win. Period. You sound like a football fan angry even though his team won because they didnít cover the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Smith is too homer prone to trust him. Megill could be a big weapon, he can probably get up to a 100 in reliefs apps. Diaz/Megill/Lugo/Otto should be our main BP arms.
    He is still better than May and Givens. He at least throws strikes

Eppler should be proactive with the pen. Called up Montes de Oca or sign Ken Giles.

PAY ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He is still better than May and Givens. He at least throws strikes

Givens has been weird so far. Terrible in blowouts and good in close games. He still sucks but itís just a weird performance.

PAY ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I just hate this pen.

This is the first time Iíve disagreed this vehemently with Buck. Diaz shouldíve come back out. Four runs isnít a lot, and May isnít reliable.
    I get it. I really do, and I also wanted to see Diaz for the 9th but once it became a 4 run game, I thought he made the right choice to allow Diaz to be available tomorrow.

How many teams have won when down 4 in the 9th? 4 runs IS a lot... But the Braves have a good offense up and down the lineup.

We need to resign Diaz and get some real help for this pen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I get it. I really do, and I also wanted to see Diaz for the 9th but once it became a 4 run game, I thought he made the right choice to allow Diaz to be available tomorrow.

How many teams have won when down 4 in the 9th? 4 runs IS a lot... But the Braves have a good offense up and down the lineup.

We need to resign Diaz and get some real help for this pen next year.
    Got to develop their own arms too. It shows how bad Brodie was that they don't have arms at the upper levels that can be effective SP and RP. All of their top prospects that are close to ready are position players.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Got to develop their own arms too. It shows how bad Brodie was that they don't have arms at the upper levels that can be effective SP and RP. All of their top prospects that are close to ready are position players.
    We need to better with our international signings. We get really good position players from the IFA but never get good pitching prospects.

PAY ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It sucks that the one guy they had this year helping was dealt as well.

But is not just Brody even before him who was the last pen arm they developed that was good in the last decade? Lugo thatís it.

How lucky is this team that Brody got Diaz?

You see team after team develop pen arms all the time yet the Mets canít for the life of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to better with our international signings. We get really good position players from the IFA but never get good pitching prospects.
    Yes this is something the Mets have not done well at all.

They have some interesting arms in the minors but they all lottery tickets right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATL's lineup is unrelenting and dangerous. But they can't be thrilled with their pitching, either. Odorozzi has pitched to a 5.93 ERA in seven starts since coming over, and their pen, last years' strength, let up 5 runs in innings 6-9, just one less than us in what we're looking at as a meltdown, and most damagingly they failed right after they got back into the game.

Some of our guys are getting hot. Some of the one's we criticized, like Pete and Vogey, has critical hits, and even before his disappointing late K, Canha worked a 10-pitch AB. Things like that from a deep lineup like ours take their toll, paving the way for the next batter, and the next game.

Givens has been weird so far. Terrible in blowouts and good in close games. He still sucks but itís just a weird performance.
    The story there was that he was available and Buck liked him when he had him in Baltimore. He was low hanging fruit and had good numbers in Chicago. I'm willing to give him a little more time to settle in. As you said, he's shown flashes.

I just don't trust him in a close game at all. I trust May more and he's probably my least favorite Met currently

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast