Probable starters are

Carrasco vs Strider
    Walker vs Morton
    Scherzer vs Odorizzi
    deGrom vs TBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/nypost_mets/stat...M6CB2wzx3_lC7w

Should be more than a consideration. Baty can actually play 3rd base and he's been hitting since his promotion. If Guillorme goes to the IL, it really shouldn't even be a question. You don't want a hurt Escobar picking up everyday ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Should be more than a consideration. Baty can actually play 3rd base and he's been hitting since his promotion. If Guillorme goes to the IL, it really shouldn't even be a question. You don't want a hurt Escobar picking up everyday ABs.
    Absolutely. He should be the one getting the promotion but I still doubt that it happens. Like I said before they will sign bum *** Didi or call up Katoh.

PAY ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Probable starters are

Carrasco vs Strider
    Walker vs Morton
    Scherzer vs Odorizzi
    deGrom vs TBD

It will be either Kyle Muller or Ian Anderson for that last game, unless Max Fried is over the concussion and ready to return.

Really hope we beat the **** out of Strider tomorrow after his comments last week.

It will be interesting.

We beat the pants off the Braves when they came into NY and they are probably expecting the same in reverse this time around. But I think the philly series showed something about the Mets. Despite all the whining about not hitting and calls for a big bopper, the Mets are one of the top hitting teams in MLB in terms of scoring runs. And it doesn't matter how you score them.

But what has changed significantly is the pitching. So we all know in any particular game pitching can shut down hitting, and it doesn't matter if you are one of the top hitting teams or if you lead the league in homers or whatever. This was best demonstrated by the first two games of this past series.

So the Phils were able to shut down the Mets in the first two games and normally that would be that. But the Mets also shut down the Phils. What is different now is that in any series in which Degrom and Scherzer are pitching you have an extremely high likelihood of winning those games.

Notwithstanding the overall season stats for pitching, the Mets now have one of the best rotations in MLB. So any time the hitters might get shut down the pitching is likely to be there to keep them in the game.

I think what we are now seeing, especially beginning with the return of Scherzer, and now Degrom, is the Mets are juggernaut.

Strider is looking for revenge but will have pressure on himself after his comments about his last game against the Mets. Can Carrasco and Walker be men enough to follow up the Bassit start?

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    It will be interesting.

We beat the pants off the Braves when they came into NY and they are probably expecting the same in reverse this time around. But I think the philly series showed something about the Mets. Despite all the whining about not hitting and calls for a big bopper, the Mets are one of the top hitting teams in MLB in terms of scoring runs. And it doesn't matter how you score them.

But what has changed significantly is the pitching. So we all know in any particular game pitching can shut down hitting, and it doesn't matter if you are one of the top hitting teams or if you lead the league in homers or whatever. This was best demonstrated by the first two games of this past series.

So the Phils were able to shut down the Mets in the first two games and normally that would be that. But the Mets also shut down the Phils. What is different now is that in any series in which Degrom and Scherzer are pitching you have an extremely high likelihood of winning those games.

Notwithstanding the overall season stats for pitching, the Mets now have one of the best rotations in MLB. So any time the hitters might get shut down the pitching is likely to be there to keep them in the game.

I think what we are now seeing, especially beginning with the return of Scherzer, and now Degrom, is the Mets are juggernaut.
    We held the entire Phillies juggernaut offense to 2 runs in three games. Ridiculous to think about

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    We held the entire Phillies juggernaut offense to 2 runs in three games. Ridiculous to think about

True, but no reason for the Mets to rest on their laurels and think this will be a breeze. Braves are tough and on a 6 game winning streak.

IMO Phillies are better than the Braves

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No reason not to have Baty up.

No chance hes a worse defender than Escobar or a worse hitter than either Escobar or Guillorme.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    True, but no reason for the Mets to rest on their laurels and think this will be a breeze. Braves are tough and on a 6 game winning streak.
    Agreed, wasn't saying that. More shocked at our performance. Mind you they were missing Harper and Schwarber but still, 2 runs all weekend against that lineup... Wow

Agreed, wasn't saying that. More shocked at our performance. Mind you they were missing Harper and Schwarber but still, 2 runs all weekend against that lineup... Wow

Exactly. And just like the Mets maintained this record without Scherzer and DeGrom.

Braves have tough road ahead assuming they need to play .650 plus ball to catch us. 10 of next 13 are against Mets, Astros and Cards. In September they also get the Mariners, Giants, 7 v the Phils and 1 v us.
    Last edited by The Futurist; 08-15-2022 at 12:06 PM.

If we split the first 2 we have a great shot at winning the series

PAY ME!!!!

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast