Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas Day Games

So far we got

Mavs vs lakers
    sixers vs knicks
    warriors vs grizz

... What other games you guys think we getting?

I still don't care. I don't get why people get worked up about 1 game in 82.

Knicks vs Sixers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I still don't care. I don't get why people get worked up about 1 game in 82.
    Because itís a day that most people are off work with lots of games and usually those games are good teams against good teams. Sorta like tradition with family over to either have the games on in the background or to all enjoy a game if thereís enough fans of a particular team. Plus, families/friends plan to go to games to spend the holiday. Itís the NBAís version of the NFLís Thanksgiving tradition.

You just like to suck the fun out of everything, donít you?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Because itís a day that most people are off work with lots of games and usually those games are good teams against good teams. Sorta like tradition with family over to either have the games on in the background or to all enjoy a game if thereís enough fans of a particular team. Plus, families/friends plan to go to games to spend the holiday. Itís the NBAís version of the NFLís Thanksgiving tradition.

That makes sense for those with that tradition. For me, Christmas Day has never been a day that the TV is on. Big matchups on holidays are really just big matchups that I don't get to watch live. But the ratings speak for themselves. Definitely something millions of people enjoy tuning into.

As for matchups, I'm guessing Celtics will land a game. Celtics/Heat or Celtics/Milwaukee maybe?
    Last edited by pebloemer; 08-15-2022 at 08:31 AM.

I enjoy it because itís a nice break to the day. Last time Sixers were on Christmas was a 2pm game (IIRC) so we got up, did presents, watched the game, then off to family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Hey, you do what you want. I don't watch sports on family holidays.

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

I usually donít either. You know what I also donít do? Stand in line for the newest iPhone so I can get it the first day itís out. But I donít go telling people that I wonder why thatís a big deal. To some, it is. To others, big ****ing rip why they donít get it.

People like it. Ratings are up that day. The NBA has tried to make it a thing. Scoots doesnít get it, Scoots has to let people know that he doesnít get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
    No. I had a good friend who was and it always struck me as kind of crappy that his kids didn't get birthday celebrations.

I just don't watch sports on days that are supposed to be all about family. I remember seeing it in the movie Blind Side where the whole family preps to eat Thanksgiving on the couch watching football.

Not judging others, just not something I've ever done.

I usually donít either. You know what I also donít do? Stand in line for the newest iPhone so I can get it the first day itís out. But I donít go telling people that I wonder why thatís a big deal. To some, it is. To others, big ****ing rip why they donít get it.

People like it. Ratings are up that day. The NBA has tried to make it a thing. Scoots doesnít get it, Scoots has to let people know that he doesnít get it.
    ... and Saddle has to get bent out of shape about it.

... and Saddle has to get bent out of shape about it.
    Touchť

For me the Christmas Day Games for me, what I would have done:

Sixers vs Nets
    Heat vs Celtics
    Bucks vs Mavericks
    Nuggets vs Lakers
    Warriors vs Grizzlies

hmm considering the Jazz have no shot, I would want 2 things #1 good teams and interesting matchups.

teams I would consider Heat, Celtics, Bucks, 76ers, Raptors, Warriors, Grizzlies, Suns, mavs, Nuggets, Twolves, Clippers, and Lakers.

Lakers vs Clippers at the late night 8pm est one just cause neither team was good last year, but it would be lebron vs Kahwi, but its late just incase one of them is injured or the lakers just aren't good this year. However its Lebron so of course the NBA wouldn't be financially motivated to make sure he plays on Christmas.

Heat vs Bucks-two good teams that have faced each other in the playoffs a few times

Warriors vs Celtics-finals rematch

Grizzlies vs Suns-two good west teams

76ers vs Nuggets a battle of the top big men and two good teams.

I want to put doncic on Christmas, but man if he missed the game it would be a terrible watch. I know that applies to the rest, but it really applies to them. the Twolves have to be good two years in a row to get a Christmas game. Raptors just don't have the star to pull people in yet and haven't been good enough to warrant a christmas game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast