Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fqb

Fqb

Who is the next Fvcking QB, I mean who is the next Franchise QB now that ZW is likely done?

Trade for Sam Darnold? Should be pretty cheap
    Garoppolo? I think heíd suck in NY, probably too busy enjoying the city
    Mike White? He was great last year
    Flacco? Please no

This is really fvcking obnoxious. I didnít really like the ZW pick, but was hoping to see him improve this year or let us know if we need to look for the next FQB

I'd let Mike White play. Here's his opportunity to show that those games last year weren't lightning in a bottle. I would want no part of a Jimmy G trade and we saw enough of Sam Darnold here and in Carolina to know he sucks.

Knowing this team, they'll play Joe Flacco though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-12-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    THat is such a bummer. It sucks. It flat out sucks

Zack put on 10-15 pounds of muscle this year.
    Roids cause connective tissue instability. I am just saying, a 23 year old kid built like he was last year, suddenly gains a ton of muscle mass? It could happen
    Yes I am being conspiratorial but I am guessing one or two of you would make an affirmative nod to the possibility
    Not being a tool. Just a thought

Bring back Sam for a 5th or play White or play any guy who could be decent

It sucks. But there are a ton of great young players on this team. A solid QB on a good team can make **** happen

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'd let Mike White play. Here's his opportunity to show that those games last year weren't lightning in a bottle. I would want no part of a Jimmy G trade and we saw enough of Sam Darnold here and in Carolina to know he sucks.

Knowing this team, they'll play Joe Flacco though.
    Give me Mike White please

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Roids cause connective tissue instability. I am just saying, a 23 year old kid built like he was last year, suddenly gains a ton of muscle mass? It could happen
    Yes I am being conspiratorial but I am guessing one or two of you would make an affirmative nod to the possibility

It sucks. But there are a ton of great young players on this team. A solid QB on a good team can make **** happen
    The roid comment is nonsense. ZW was a toddler last year, Iím certain the Jets have a decent strength and conditioning staff and the 10-15 lbs of muscle was quite easy
    Last edited by Larry M; 08-13-2022 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    The roid comment is nonsense. ZW was a toddler last year, Iím certain the Jets have a decent strength and conditioning staff and the 10-15 lbs of muscle was quite easy
    I understand you don't agree. I wouldn't cal it nonsense. It's a sport where performance is often valued over health. It is a sport where steroids, HGH and PEDS are rampant.
    I agree. He's a kid but he's a kid who most likely feels massive pressure.
    It wasn't a judgement or accusation. It was a thought based on that idea along with it being a non-contact injury.

II would't say it's quite easy to gain 10-15 pounds of muscle. People can do it but I wouldn't call it easy
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-13-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Considering the fact they get tested regularly, I highly doubt it. Not hating on your post I just donít think itís even remotely possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

First and foremost, some of you (including the other threads) should be absolutely embarrassed to call yourselves a fan of any team, not just the Jets. We have a second year QB, who is making strides, and you continue to cr@p all over him. Honestly, you don't deserve having a good team to root for. Really just despicable.

With that being said, the MRI comes back today and hopefully it is only a PCL injury. I can tell by some people's posts, that you are not the most intelligent of people out there, but if you like/care/love the Jets, you NEED Zach Wilson to be good. One of these days/years/decades, we need to find a franchise QB. Just because he's a kid from BYU, doesn't mean he can't be it (google Steve Young if you need to).
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Considering the fact they get tested regularly, I highly doubt it. Not hating on your post I just donít think itís even remotely possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair point.
    But to me, with all these sports, it's rampant. Tatis? That's crazy.
    This isn't about Zach, players in general find ways to outsmart the system. Guys get busted every year.

I am not saying that about Zack. I just always think about steroids and the affects on non-contact injuries. Add to that a person gaining 15 pounds in 3 months. It can be done. The post wasn't mean t to disrespect Zack. It was just a thought.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    First and foremost, some of you (including the other threads) should be absolutely embarrassed to call yourselves a fan of any team, not just the Jets. We have a second year QB, who is making strides, and you continue to cr@p all over him. Honestly, you don't deserve having a good team to root for. Really just despicable.

With that being said, the MRI comes back today and hopefully it is only a PCL injury. I can tell by some people's posts, that you are not the most intelligent of people out there, but if you like/care/love the Jets, you NEED Zach Wilson to be good. One of these days/years/decades, we need to find a franchise QB. Just because he's a kid from BYU, doesn't mean he can't be it (google Steve Young if you need to).
    I don't think anyone crapped on him in this thread. People may not like the pick but they still hope he succeeds. I am one of them. I did not want Zack. My opinion was based on his performance vs quality college programs.
    I haven't seen any poster say they hope he fails. I have seen posters say they have serious doubts.
    I am also one of them. I still want him to succeed.

It sucks he got injured. It sucks for him, the team and the fans. When this thread was posted, it was believed he had torn his ACL and was done for the year. I don't think anything is despicable about considering replacements in that moment.

I hope Zack heals quickly and thoroughly and becomes a great QB. I will still criticize his performance if he plays poorly.

Plenty of people don't like Saleh. They want him gone. I don't understand that. Like Zack, they deserve a legit shot and we should all hope they succeed.

Ignorance is bliss

I don't think anyone crapped on him in this thread. People may not like the pick but they still hope he succeeds. I am one of them. I did not want Zack. My opinion was based on his performance vs quality college programs.
    I haven't seen any poster say they hope he fails. I have seen posters say they have serious doubts.
    I am also one of them. I still want him to succeed.

It sucks he got injured. It sucks for him, the team and the fans. When this thread was posted, it was believed he had torn his ACL and was done for the year. I don't think anything is despicable about considering replacements in that moment.

I hope Zack heals quickly and thoroughly and becomes a great QB. I will still criticize his performance if he plays poorly.

Plenty of people don't like Saleh. They want him gone. I don't understand that. Like Zack, they deserve a legit shot and we should all hope they succeed.
    What you said in bold is exactly my point. Everyone is entitled to their opinion during and right after the draft, but as fans (especially for a QB) I think we need to rally behind the person the franchise decided to pick. If they fail, then it's fair play. But to not even give a kid the chance, and overreact to every mistake he makes as a rookie...A ROOKIE! Is absolutely ludacrous!

I've said it before, and I will say it a thousand more times. Nothing in sports, criples a franchise more than making the wrong decision when drafting a "franchise" QB. First, you most likely stink fo at least 2 years prior, then you have another 2-3 years of growth. If you miss, you just wasted four to five years..and guess what, now you have to repeat that same cycle. Is there any wonder why the Jets haven't been relevant for over a decade now? Stop the hate, and support the QB folks!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    What you said in bold is exactly my point. Everyone is entitled to their opinion during and right after the draft, but as fans (especially for a QB) I think we need to rally behind the person the franchise decided to pick. If they fail, then it's fair play. But to not even give a kid the chance, and overreact to every mistake he makes as a rookie...A ROOKIE! Is absolutely ludacrous!

I've said it before, and I will say it a thousand more times. Nothing in sports, criples a franchise more than making the wrong decision when drafting a "franchise" QB. First, you most likely stink fo at least 2 years prior, then you have another 2-3 years of growth. If you miss, you just wasted four to five years..and guess what, now you have to repeat that same cycle. Is there any wonder why the Jets haven't been relevant for over a decade now? Stop the hate, and support the QB folks!
    Mistakes are expected from a rookie. I said this last year. Zack's biggest foes will be the NYC media, the fans and himself.
    Everything is under a microscope. When mistakes get repeated, fans and media zoom in and pick. There is no way around it. Some have a less myopic view than others.
    For me, his decision making and accuracy were not good. The decision making process is very understandable as a rookie. I think that can improve. The accuracy is another issue. I don't know if it will or won't. I certainly hope it does.

I think it's ok to expect a certain level of performance and improvement from the #2 pick. All the ish, comes with the territory
    I'm not saying it's fair but it does.

Ignorance is bliss

Mistakes are expected from a rookie. I said this last year. Zack's biggest foes will be the NYC media, the fans and himself.
    Everything is under a microscope. When mistakes get repeated, fans and media zoom in and pick. There is no way around it. Some have a less myopic view than others.
    For me, his decision making and accuracy were not good. The decision making process is very understandable as a rookie. I think that can improve. The accuracy is another issue. I don't know if it will or won't. I certainly hope it does.

I think it's ok to expect a certain level of performance and improvement from the #2 pick. All the ish, comes with the territory
    I'm not saying it's fair but it does.
    You know what stops "supposed" hate on a QB?
    Solid play from that QB.

Certain Wilsoners are not understanding the difference between "hate" (which very few if any Jet fans feel toward Zach) vs "skepticism" (of which there are plenty of fans that think this way).
    Being skeptical of any player, rookie or vet, is 1000% fair play.

Like many others I am "skeptical" of Zach, however I am "hopeful" in his ability to become a legit FQB.

I seriously doubt any real Jets fan intentionally wants ZW do be out for the year.
    Anyone trying to twist that narrative is just begging for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You know what stops "supposed" hate on a QB?
    Solid play from that QB.

Certain Wilsoners are not understanding the difference between "hate" (which very few if any Jet fans feel toward Zach) vs "skepticism" (of which there are plenty of fans that think this way).
    Being skeptical of any player, rookie or vet, is 1000% fair play.

Like many others I am "skeptical" of Zach, however I am "hopeful" in his ability to become a legit FQB.

I seriously doubt any real Jets fan intentionally wants ZW do be out for the year.
    Anyone trying to twist that narrative is just begging for attention.
    Comments like that are exactly why you are a wannabe internet tough guy. No reason to throw one of your little hissy fits. The point is, support the players and the team until they prove you wrong. You are wrong about 90% of the time with your judgements/assesments. Jamal Adams trade anyone??!!

Stop twisting people's comments, to try to prove your uneducated, troll baiting narratives. I am not looking for attention you moron, I am just sick of everyone overreacting to everything. You seriously are so hateable. I try to be civil with you, but your just can't help being a douche!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast