Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fqb

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I donít know how much more time he needs on the bench
    Did you see him badly overthrow a wide open receiver, then follow that up with an interception caused by him staring down another receiver.

Hopefully when he stops doing that.
    That's how much more time.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    5 NFC championship games and a SB appearance.
    You don't think as Jet fans we'd appreciate that???

For comparison:
    People talk about Pennington glowingly.
    Sanchez went to 2 AFC championship games and we talk about those being good times.
    Vinny Testaverde had us looking legit and he's beloved.
    None of them come close to McNabb's accomplishments.

He would be the all-time leader in nearly every positive category for the Jets.

Put McNabb at QB for Rex's 1st 2 years and I believe we are in the Super Bowl at least once, if not both years.

Oh well, potato/po-tah-toe, we're here now and we have to fix our QB situation as is.

I really hope starting Wilson on the bench gives him that needed perspective to kick his game into gear (no more rookie mistakes, like staring down receivers or playing unnecessary hero ball).
    There is no doubt to his skill or talent. I am not disagreeing with your assessment or the numbers
    I am disagreeing with your faith in fans. It's NYC and fans are fickle and easily swayed. If he won a title? Then yes. He would have been a legend and beyond reproach. But if he got to a couple/few AFC title games and lost? People would start screaming bloody murder

Ignorance is bliss

Did you see him badly overthrow a wide open receiver, then follow that up with an interception caused by him staring down another receiver.

I really, hope he learns that quickly. I would think that is a learnable skill. Stare down a guy who is your third option and know where 1 and 2 will be. Learn the timing.

All seem learnable. I hope

Ignorance is bliss

All reports from all the beat at training camp said he looked much better, I have hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    There is no doubt to his skill or talent. I am not disagreeing with your assessment or the numbers
    I am disagreeing with your faith in fans. It's NYC and fans are fickle and easily swayed. If he won a title? Then yes. He would have been a legend and beyond reproach. But if he got to a couple/few AFC title games and lost? People would start screaming bloody murder
    If Jet fans couldn't appreciate a QB that got them to 5 AFC championships and.nearly won a Super.Bowl, then they don't deserve another FQB.

I believe NY fans would have shown McNabb the love and respect he deserved.

After all, we still got love for Ewing, Oakley and Starks.

I really, hope he learns that quickly. I would think that is a learnable skill. Stare down a guy who is your third option and know where 1 and 2 will be. Learn the timing.

All seem learnable. I hope
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    All reports from all the beat at training camp said he looked much better, I have hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We all do..... it's all he's left us with.

Update: ZWs surgury was considered successful, and nothing new was found when they went in on him.
    He may even start week 1, however no definitive timetable has been given for his return to action.

My guess is it still looks like a 2-4 week recovery period.

If Jet fans couldn't appreciate a QB that got them to 5 AFC championships and.nearly won a Super.Bowl, then they don't deserve another FQB.

I believe NY fans would have shown McNabb the love and respect he deserved.

After all, we still got love for Ewing, Oakley and Starks.
    True but they boo'd Ewing out of the Garden. That was ugly. They did the same with Starks.

They were scared to do it to Oak!

Ignorance is bliss

Update: ZWs surgury was considered successful, and nothing new was found when they went in on him.
    He may even start week 1, however no definitive timetable has been given for his return to action.

My guess is it still looks like a 2-4 week recovery period.
    That's great news.

Ignorance is bliss

True but they boo'd Ewing out of the Garden. That was ugly. They did the same with Starks.

They were scared to do it to Oak!
    A 1 time booing vs a lifetime of celebration doesn't compare.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-18-2022 at 03:52 PM.

That's great news.
    It is, but I do admit, I'm concerned about ZW being on the fragile side.

Perhaps he's not and this was just a thing, but the same knee has been injured 2x in less than a year.
    Whether it's cause for concern or just something to take note of, his durability may be a question mark going forward.

It is, but I do admit, I'm concerned about ZW being on the fragile side.

Perhaps he's not and this was just a thing, but the same knee has been injured 2x in less than a year.
    Whether it's cause for concern or just something to take note of, his durability may be a question mark going forward.
    I'm glad you said it. Last year in I think his second game back, after the knee injury, he ran down the field and came up limping. He hobbled to the sideline, only to have the trailer tell him he was fine.

This is not a criticism of Zack. We are not saying he's soft. The kid got up after some crushing shots. It's a question of durability.

If you want to see criticism, read Brady Quinn's comments

Ignorance is bliss

Lol, oh yeah, Iím very cognizant of his simple mistakes. But after starting most of last year and having a full camp, itís more of a benching because youíre not the best option vs an opportunity to sit back and learn

Starting him year 1 was the real mistake.

I'm glad you said it. Last year in I think his second game back, after the knee injury, he ran down the field and came up limping. He hobbled to the sideline, only to have the trailer tell him he was fine.

This is not a criticism of Zack. We are not saying he's soft. The kid got up after some crushing shots. It's a question of durability.

If you want to see criticism, read Brady Quinn's comments
    He may in fact have a bum knee, probably something you want fully repaired
    Good news, a QB shouldnít be relying on their knee all too often. I donít need him juking someone for an extra two yards, run out of bounds or slide

I for get who is was, possibly Philip Rivers, played on a torn ACL. Thatís pretty extreme, but shows a QB needs to focus on throwing the damn ball and not running around trying to pick up an extra yard

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He may in fact have a bum knee, probably something you want fully repaired
    Good news, a QB shouldnít be relying on their knee all too often. I donít need him juking someone for an extra two yards, run out of bounds or slide

I for get who is was, possibly Philip Rivers, played on a torn ACL. Thatís pretty extreme, but shows a QB needs to focus on throwing the damn ball and not running around trying to pick up an extra yard
    Not by his fault but part of Zack's hype. It was flashy! It was the athleticism, mobility, throwing on the run, making something out of nothing

It's a big part of his game. He just needs to watch Mahomes and learn how to get out of bounds or onto the ground quickly.

I think much of what is going on with him is old habits that worked at BYU. It will take him a while to realize he has to playe within the system and himself. If he does that, he will be a solid QB at worst.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast