Kutter Crawford
    RHP
    3-4, 4.30 ERA

Game 3- 8/14 7:08 pm

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    11-2, 3.95 ERA

TBD

This is a series the Yankees need to win. The Sox are not good this year but they are still the Sox and would love to kick a down Yankees team.

German was quite good last time out but it's Fenway and he has been shaky there
    The big question is which Montas shows up? I think he's the game the need to win to win the series
    I like Tallion in this series.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-11-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Pathetic that German gets a rotation spot for absolutely no reason. Get Schmidt up here now. German is much better suiting to be a long RP in the bullpen.

The downfall of this team has been pitching. Obviously the pitching was performing above their heads early in the season. Some regression was inevitable but I did not see them becoming this bad. The bullpen has no one reliable right now. The funny thing is the best RP over the last month or month and a half is sitting in AAA. Thatís whatís funny about the prospect hugging this team does. They wonít trade them for the big bane stars. But they also refuse to call them up and play them because of experience or because they donít want to get rid of lesser players.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Pathetic that German gets a rotation spot for absolutely no reason. Get Schmidt up here now. German is much better suiting to be a long RP in the bullpen.

The downfall of this team has been pitching. Obviously the pitching was performing above their heads early in the season. Some regression was inevitable but I did not see them becoming this bad. The bullpen has no one reliable right now. The funny thing is the best RP over the last month or month and a half is sitting in AAA. Thatís whatís funny about the prospect hugging this team does. They wonít trade them for the big bane stars. But they also refuse to call them up and play them because of experience or because they donít want to get rid of lesser players.
    It's ****ing maddening. It's like having a delicious cake and not eating it or giving it to anyone but then watch it go stale. A ****ing waste

The question is, would the Yankees have been better with Waldi and Wesneski coming out of the pen with Monty as a SP or are they better after those trades? I think the former but hope it turns to the latter.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's ****ing maddening. It's like having a delicious cake and not eating it or giving it to anyone but then watch it go stale. A ****ing waste

The question is, would the Yankees have been better with Waldi and Wesneski coming out of the pen with Monty as a SP or are they better after those trades? I think the former but hope it turns to the latter.
    Clown, I tend to agree. Montas debut did not impress. However as much as I hated losing Waldi and Wesnecki they have no track record on the ML level. It is difficult to predict what they might have done. I guess we wait and watch.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown, I tend to agree. Montas debut did not impress. However as much as I hated losing Waldi and Wesnecki they have no track record on the ML level. It is difficult to predict what they might have done. I guess we wait and watch.
    It seems like a bad way to build a team. I absolutely agree that you trade top specs for the right players. I just don't know that they ever really do that. Waldi and PEraza for Castillo? I would have been bummed but I would have understood.
    If Montas didn't have any health issues, I would understand moving Waldi for him. Hopefully, that becomes an obvious win for the Yankees. It certainly could. Montas needs a few starts to get going. It will be a while before we know which pitcher they got

It is so weird. If Peraza is as good as he's hyped, why on earth would you settle for what IKF is doing?
    Flo has actually had some success at the MLB level. Why not call him up instead of Locastro. I love Locastro's style of play but why not give those reps to Flo to see if he can stick?

And if you aren't going to play them? Trade them for Fs sake.

The FO signed IKF as a stopgap. They signed him so he wouldn't block Peraza or Volpe. It makes zero sense

Ignorance is bliss

It seems like a bad way to build a team. I absolutely agree that you trade top specs for the right players. I just don't know that they ever really do that. Waldi and PEraza for Castillo? I would have been bummed but I would have understood.
    If Montas didn't have any health issues, I would understand moving Waldi for him. Hopefully, that becomes an obvious win for the Yankees. It certainly could. Montas needs a few starts to get going. It will be a while before we know which pitcher they got

It is so weird. If Peraza is as good as he's hyped, why on earth would you settle for what IKF is doing?
    Flo has actually had some success at the MLB level. Why not call him up instead of Locastro. I love Locastro's style of play but why not give those reps to Flo to see if he can stick?

The FO signed IKF as a stopgap. They signed him so he wouldn't block Peraza or Volpe. It makes zero sense
    Again I agree 100%. Thus far Montas hasn't impressed and it's a legit criticism to question the signing.

I think Peraza is in their plans. Maybe not this season but certainly in the very near future. Cashman was reluctant to include Volpe and/or Peraza in several deals per the reports. I imagine they think very highly of them and have high expectations. I just hope it ain't all hype!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Clown, for 2022 IKF is the SS. They are not going to a rookie this late in the season. They were playing.750 ball with IKF as SS and will,go,with the veteran for Oct.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

JP Sears is a better pitcher than Montes. Waldi, a future ace. The talent Cashman pissed away at the deadline will weaken this team for the next 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    JP Sears is a better pitcher than Montes. Waldi, a future ace. The talent Cashman pissed away at the deadline will weaken this team for the next 15 years.
    I wouldn't go 15 years but definitely the next 3-5. If they keep the same pitching coaches, they will get guys back in a few years.

Ignorance is bliss

I wouldn't go 15 years but definitely the next 3-5. If they keep the same pitching coaches, they will get guys back in a few years.
    I think with the way they are scouting, drafting and developing pitchers, this time next yr I think the pitching depth with have recovered.

Yeah we traded a lot of depth, but IMO the only arms that are going to be very tough to replace are Waldi and Medina. Lher like Waldi are very, very rare and guys that throw 100-103 with a Gooden CB don't come along often either.

I think by this time this yr Y Gomez and Brendan Beck will be at the front of our pitching specs, with Warren Selvidge and other right behind them.

Now that they have shown that they can develop pitching, they have to prove it again. I think the pitching will be there when they need to rebuild the rotation after next yr

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    No disrespect intended, but how do you know this to be true? I am not thrilled with the deal and I have serious questions about Montas....but Waldi and Sears have/had limited AAA experience and NO ML experience. I wonder how you can speak so definitively.

Sears is looking very good in Oakland.

Sell the Team, HAL!

No disrespect intended, but how do you know this to be true? I am not thrilled with the deal and I have serious questions about Montas....but Waldi and Sears have/had limited AAA experience and NO ML experience. I wonder how you can speak so definitively.

It's my opinion. I preferred a package centered around Peraza because what I have seen and read about Waldi made me want to keep him no matter what. I would have understood trading him for Castillo because if we were going all in, then you suffer the pain for the Championship, but Montas is, in my opinion less talented than Sears who we already had on staff. If it were a straight up trade, Sears for Montas, the A's would have gotten the better deal. The other three players, including a future ace, were just presents from Cashman to Beane.

Doc, while there is go guarantee, I'd take the bet Waldi ends up putting up as good or better numbers as Montas. We watched what are supposed to be 2 of the better LH starters in Ray and Nestor the other night. Stuff wise Waldi is better. Better FB than both, better velo and life. His CB is better than eithers SL and his SL and especially CU are better 3rd/4th pitches than either have IMO. He's never struggled at any level, which may be a little concerning because he will struggle at some point against MLB hitters.

I don't like to say any pitcher is going to be an ace because IMO that is a term thrown around way to much, but an elite number two, with a descent chance to be better is what I think Waldi is going to be.

I dislike what they gave up for Montas, but IMO people are being a little tough on him based on 1 start. Especially considering he was coming off a pretty long layoff without getting any work in because of his mother in laws death. Healthy, Montas is a hell of a pitcher ( not quite Castillo's level). It's not like we traded our best pitching specs for a complete bum like Heaney was, but he needs to show something. One thing about Montas, he's got a low 2 career ERA against Houston and thats something we needed. Who knows maybe he has some tips for Cole, Nestor and Sevy on how to beat Houston.

I think IKF to Cashman is the same as Gallo. He has to justify the trade so that's why he keeps putting him out there. It doesn't make a ton of sense. The dude is clearly a bench player. Sometimes ego gets in the way of good decision making. Same reason why Abreu is with the team as opposed to Marinaccio.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think IKF to Cashman is the same as Gallo. He has to justify the trade so that's why he keeps putting him out there. It doesn't make a ton of sense. The dude is clearly a bench player. Sometimes ego gets in the way of good decision making. Same reason why Abreu is with the team as opposed to Marinaccio.
    Yes, BUT he came to his senses and shipped out Gallo. Can we expect the same with IKF?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast