Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Better than Montas, that's a very low bar Day. He claimed future ace, I hope it's true. However with limited or no ML experience how can the claim be made or substantiated? Based on what? AAA stats?

In this case I hope I am 110% WRONG!
    Montas has been a mid 3 era guy on a not great team, is he an ace, Nope, but can still be a valuable 2-3 type IMO

I'm comfortable saying any pitcher that hasn't been in the MLB looks like an "Ace'. That said, based on research, scouting reports from a number of highly regarded scouts and having watched Waldi pitch 20 plus times the last 2 yrs, I'm very comfortable saying Waldi will be a mid 3 ERA or better type starter.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Montas has been a mid 3 era guy on a not great team, is he an ace, Nope, but can still be a valuable 2-3 type IMO

I'm comfortable saying any pitcher that hasn't been in the MLB looks like an "Ace'. That said, based on research, scouting reports from a number of highly regarded scouts and having watched Waldi pitch 20 plus times the last 2 yrs, I'm very comfortable saying Waldi will be a mid 3 ERA or better type starter.
    Day you are being far too generous. Montas is a career 3.81 ERA. This season in 20 starts he's at 3.59. I agree he deserves the benefit of doubt. I am just annoyed with what they gave up. Imo they could or should have done better.

I trust and respect your opinion on all things prospect. I tend to agree with your assessment of Waldi. However do we know definitively? Can you say, as PJ did, he will definitely be an ace? I don't think you would. There is always risk. He has all the tools. The game moves a bit faster at the ML level. AAA performance is predictive to an extent, however much more gray area with pitchers.

Sell the Team, HAL!

I really like Dennis Eckersly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I really like Dennis Eckersly

He's awesome. He's gone after this year which is a bummer

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day you are being far too generous. Montas is a career 3.81 ERA. This season in 20 starts he's at 3.59. I agree he deserves the benefit of doubt. I am just annoyed with what they gave up. Imo they could or should have done better.

I trust and respect your opinion on all things prospect. I tend to agree with your assessment of Waldi. However do we know definitively? Can you say, as PJ did, he will definitely be an ace? I don't think you would. There is always risk. He has all the tools. The game moves a bit faster at the ML level. AAA performance is predictive to an extent, however much more gray area with pitchers.
    Only one guy I've ever seen in AA/AAA I would have bet the farm on if he could stay healthy he would have been an ace, Chris Garcia. Best pitching spec I've ever seen and he ended up blowing his arm and shoulder.

As with any spec, but especially pitchers, you look at the stuff, the way hitters look against them, the performance at each level vs the age of the competition, the time to adjust to each level, ect and make an educated evaluation. For me, Waldi checked every box and then some. You can never predict health for a pitcher, but even in that aspect Waldi checked that box as well. Do I think based on all the info and having watched 20 plus of his starts the last 2 yrs he'll be a TORP, absolutely. In no way would i predict that he's going to be a legit Ace. That only comes after yr's of elite performance.

I actually think of the pitcher traded in that deal Medina has the highest ceiling. U just can't teach 100-103 with 2 plus, plus off speed pitches. If he ever figures out where it's going consistently, he's going to be a problem.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Yeah maybe time to go back to Chapman. He's been much better of late.

Can't keep trotting out Holmes. Throwing away games at this point.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Agree, if yanks lose this one Boone decision to put in a struggling Homes, this loss is on the manager.

It will not be surprising if the Yanks lose this series. This is not the same team of the first 3 months of the season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Clay hasn't been the same since AS game

Great game by German

Ignorance is bliss

I'm still amazed why would anyone pitch anything close to a strike to Judge.

The Yankees right now are pretty close to what the Giants were in 2003 and 2004 when Bonds was feared so much they would intentionaly walk him 100 times a year.

Until the likes of Rizzo, Gleyber Torres and Donaldson start hitting again or when Stanton comes back at least.

can't make this up, lol. The BP has gone from a massive strength, to a huge issue in 2 months. Plus 2 of our best BP options are in AAA, Schmidt and Marinaccio

U have to wonder at what point that Cashman realizes this team can't score runs and the lineup could use a couple sparks. Hicks has been terrible, IKF and Torres haven't been good and Gonzalez hasn't done anything worth really keeping him on the team. When does it make sense to call up Peraza, Cabrera and Flo and see if the energy and youth doesn't add a big spark. At worst, very worst, the kids are better defensively and thats pretty much all the value those veterans are adding to the MLB club at this point. If the 3 specs can give u anything offensively, anything we're better off.

The Dodgers, Braves and even the Orioles who are all in the middle of a playoff run have all called up top specs because they believe they can help. Why aren't we even considering doing the same thing?

WTF is even the point of keeping these kids if you aren't going to play them. Why do you fight so hard to keep Peraza if you weren't/aren't going to give him a chance this yr? Your telling me keep Peraza in AAA for service time reasons or whatever their reasoning, than getting Castillo over Montas? Seriously? this front office is completely ****ing up our chance of winning this yr because they can't get their heads out of their *****.

" We've got these great prospect coming so we can't sign or trade for anything that will block them" We want to get younger, faster, better defensively. Really Brian? then play the kids before their 30.

Even worse, Boone was a great manager when we we're on 120 game pace, now we struggling he's back to being Booneheaded again or maybe worse.

Stanton is a huge difference maker, but not as much as we need. The bad part is Benny has been pretty good, but outside of DJ, Judge and the last couple games Rizzo, we've been so bad that he hasn't had much of a chance to help.

at some point someone in that dumbass front office needs to wake up and do something to give this team a chance. It's completely dysfunctional whats been going on for a month. Where would we be without DJ and Judge

of all the horrible losses the yanks have had since around the all star break this is the worst of them all.. i sound like a broken record..is it to early to fire cashman and boone?

judge has 11 walks in 30 at bats in august...

I only saw the first two innings but said to myself, three men left on in the first two innings? I guarantee this comes back to bite us. Welllll

BTW Jordan Montgomery three six scoreless tonight.
    Nice move Cash

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast