Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Have to bive Montas a shot. Don't write him off after one crappy start. He will need 3-4 starts before we can even start to assess.
    Sure, you want to sign Verlander? Ok.
    I'm sure Montes will have a season ending injury before his fourth start. I have seen him pitch in the past. Something is wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    There is chatter that Gardy might get a look to replace Benny

Stanton, Judge, Hicks, Carpy, Gardy

WHAT? LMAO. You really have to stop listening to those little voices in your head. that is NOT happening.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    JP Sears is a better pitcher than Montes. Waldi, a future ace. The talent Cashman pissed away at the deadline will weaken this team for the next 15 years.
    I wouldn't go 15 years but definitely the next 3-5. If they keep the same pitching coaches, they will get guys back in a few years.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I'm sure Montes will have a season ending injury before his fourth start. I have seen him pitch in the past. Something is wrong with him.
    Sadly, I will not be shocked if that happens.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks better sign judge or i will boycott them all next year if they do not sign him!!

Does that mean you will not post?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

JP Sears is a better pitcher than Montes. Waldi, a future ace. The talent Cashman pissed away at the deadline will weaken this team for the next 15 years.
    No disrespect intended, but how do you know this to be true? I am not thrilled with the deal and I have serious questions about Montas....but Waldi and Sears have/had limited AAA experience and NO ML experience. I wonder how you can speak so definitively.

Sears is looking very good in Oakland.

Sell the Team, HAL!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557877613481365504 Peraza can play a little defense

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No disrespect intended, but how do you know this to be true? I am not thrilled with the deal and I have serious questions about Montas....but Waldi and Sears have/had limited AAA experience and NO ML experience. I wonder how you can speak so definitively.

It's my opinion. I preferred a package centered around Peraza because what I have seen and read about Waldi made me want to keep him no matter what. I would have understood trading him for Castillo because if we were going all in, then you suffer the pain for the Championship, but Montas is, in my opinion less talented than Sears who we already had on staff. If it were a straight up trade, Sears for Montas, the A's would have gotten the better deal. The other three players, including a future ace, were just presents from Cashman to Beane.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Doc, while there is go guarantee, I'd take the bet Waldi ends up putting up as good or better numbers as Montas. We watched what are supposed to be 2 of the better LH starters in Ray and Nestor the other night. Stuff wise Waldi is better. Better FB than both, better velo and life. His CB is better than eithers SL and his SL and especially CU are better 3rd/4th pitches than either have IMO. He's never struggled at any level, which may be a little concerning because he will struggle at some point against MLB hitters.

I don't like to say any pitcher is going to be an ace because IMO that is a term thrown around way to much, but an elite number two, with a descent chance to be better is what I think Waldi is going to be.

I dislike what they gave up for Montas, but IMO people are being a little tough on him based on 1 start. Especially considering he was coming off a pretty long layoff without getting any work in because of his mother in laws death. Healthy, Montas is a hell of a pitcher ( not quite Castillo's level). It's not like we traded our best pitching specs for a complete bum like Heaney was, but he needs to show something. One thing about Montas, he's got a low 2 career ERA against Houston and thats something we needed. Who knows maybe he has some tips for Cole, Nestor and Sevy on how to beat Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wouldn't go 15 years but definitely the next 3-5. If they keep the same pitching coaches, they will get guys back in a few years.
    I think with the way they are scouting, drafting and developing pitchers, this time next yr I think the pitching depth with have recovered.

Yeah we traded a lot of depth, but IMO the only arms that are going to be very tough to replace are Waldi and Medina. Lher like Waldi are very, very rare and guys that throw 100-103 with a Gooden CB don't come along often either.

I think by this time this yr Y Gomez and Brendan Beck will be at the front of our pitching specs, with Warren Selvidge and other right behind them.

Now that they have shown that they can develop pitching, they have to prove it again. I think the pitching will be there when they need to rebuild the rotation after next yr

It's my opinion. I preferred a package centered around Peraza because what I have seen and read about Waldi made me want to keep him no matter what. I would have understood trading him for Castillo because if we were going all in, then you suffer the pain for the Championship, but Montas is, in my opinion less talented than Sears who we already had on staff. If it were a straight up trade, Sears for Montas, the A's would have gotten the better deal. The other three players, including a future ace, were just presents from Cashman to Beane.
    I'm on the opposite end. I'd much much rather keep Peraza than Waldichuk. Waldichuk is a pitcher who can't command the ball. He also hasn't put up elite GB rates in the minors like great pitchers typically do. Don't be surprised if he is plagued by the long ball in the majors. I doubt they end up missing him much, I always found him to be overrated. I think Peraza has near elite potential as a SS.

Sears is solid but nothing special. Like someone said before, he doesn't have a great secondary pitch. He is likely going to be a really solid RP though which still has value.
    Last edited by EAGLES3658; 08-12-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think with the way they are scouting, drafting and developing pitchers, this time next yr I think the pitching depth with have recovered.

Yeah we traded a lot of depth, but IMO the only arms that are going to be very tough to replace are Waldi and Medina. Lher like Waldi are very, very rare and guys that throw 100-103 with a Gooden CB don't come along often either.

I think by this time this yr Y Gomez and Brendan Beck will be at the front of our pitching specs, with Warren Selvidge and other right behind them.

Now that they have shown that they can develop pitching, they have to prove it again. I think the pitching will be there when they need to rebuild the rotation after next yr
    Another thing getting overlooked is maybe the Yankees looked at Schmidt as their top pitching prospect and still have high hopes for him as a starter. They might think they kept their top pitching prospect. He needs to be in the rotation right now.

Have U guys heard about Yankees fan harassing and even sending death threat to IKF and his dad on social media?

I want Peraza called up as badly as anyone, if not more, but come on. Just another horrible example of how terrible a part of this fan base can be. It's shameful. They are playing a kids game for entertainment, it's not life or death.

The kid and his dad grew up huge Yankees fans and his ultimate dream was playing SS for the Yanks. While he hasn't been great, but he certainly hasn't been as bad as guys like Gallo, Hicks, Higgy, JD, Chapman. Because we have someone who most fans are thinking is a better option than IKF in AAA, it's ok to send death threats.

This base needs a reality check, some are going to make players not want to even come to the Yankees.. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Another thing getting overlooked is maybe the Yankees looked at Schmidt as their top pitching prospect and still have high hopes for him as a starter. They might think they kept their top pitching prospect. He needs to be in the rotation right now.
    I think that could be a large part of why they felt comfortable enough to trade guys like Wesneski, Medina, Way and the other RH pitchers. Waldi was clearly their best LH pitching spec, and just being LHed with better stuff than Schmidt and better performances through the system, gives him the edge over Schmidt IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Doc, while there is go guarantee, I'd take the bet Waldi ends up putting up as good or better numbers as Montas. We watched what are supposed to be 2 of the better LH starters in Ray and Nestor the other night. Stuff wise Waldi is better. Better FB than both, better velo and life. His CB is better than eithers SL and his SL and especially CU are better 3rd/4th pitches than either have IMO. He's never struggled at any level, which may be a little concerning because he will struggle at some point against MLB hitters.

I don't like to say any pitcher is going to be an ace because IMO that is a term thrown around way to much, but an elite number two, with a descent chance to be better is what I think Waldi is going to be.

I dislike what they gave up for Montas, but IMO people are being a little tough on him based on 1 start. Especially considering he was coming off a pretty long layoff without getting any work in because of his mother in laws death. Healthy, Montas is a hell of a pitcher ( not quite Castillo's level). It's not like we traded our best pitching specs for a complete bum like Heaney was, but he needs to show something. One thing about Montas, he's got a low 2 career ERA against Houston and thats something we needed. Who knows maybe he has some tips for Cole, Nestor and Sevy on how to beat Houston.
    Better than Montas, that's a very low bar Day. He claimed future ace, I hope it's true. However with limited or no ML experience how can the claim be made or substantiated? Based on what? AAA stats?

In this case I hope I am 110% WRONG!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast