Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 169
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,376

    Yankees at the BoSox. 8/12-8/14

    Game 1- 8/12. 7:10 pm

    Domingo German
    RHP
    1-2, 5.09 ERA

    Nathan Eovaldi
    RHP
    5-3, 4.23 ERA

    Game 2- 8/13 7:15 pm

    Frankie Montas
    RHP
    4-9, 3.59 ERA

    Kutter Crawford
    RHP
    3-4, 4.30 ERA

    Game 3- 8/14 7:08 pm

    Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    11-2, 3.95 ERA

    TBD



    This is a series the Yankees need to win. The Sox are not good this year but they are still the Sox and would love to kick a down Yankees team.

    German was quite good last time out but it's Fenway and he has been shaky there
    The big question is which Montas shows up? I think he's the game the need to win to win the series
    I like Tallion in this series.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-11-2022 at 09:57 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,600
    Pathetic that German gets a rotation spot for absolutely no reason. Get Schmidt up here now. German is much better suiting to be a long RP in the bullpen.

    The downfall of this team has been pitching. Obviously the pitching was performing above their heads early in the season. Some regression was inevitable but I did not see them becoming this bad. The bullpen has no one reliable right now. The funny thing is the best RP over the last month or month and a half is sitting in AAA. Thatís whatís funny about the prospect hugging this team does. They wonít trade them for the big bane stars. But they also refuse to call them up and play them because of experience or because they donít want to get rid of lesser players.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,376
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Pathetic that German gets a rotation spot for absolutely no reason. Get Schmidt up here now. German is much better suiting to be a long RP in the bullpen.

    The downfall of this team has been pitching. Obviously the pitching was performing above their heads early in the season. Some regression was inevitable but I did not see them becoming this bad. The bullpen has no one reliable right now. The funny thing is the best RP over the last month or month and a half is sitting in AAA. Thatís whatís funny about the prospect hugging this team does. They wonít trade them for the big bane stars. But they also refuse to call them up and play them because of experience or because they donít want to get rid of lesser players.
    It's ****ing maddening. It's like having a delicious cake and not eating it or giving it to anyone but then watch it go stale. A ****ing waste

    The question is, would the Yankees have been better with Waldi and Wesneski coming out of the pen with Monty as a SP or are they better after those trades? I think the former but hope it turns to the latter.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's ****ing maddening. It's like having a delicious cake and not eating it or giving it to anyone but then watch it go stale. A ****ing waste

    The question is, would the Yankees have been better with Waldi and Wesneski coming out of the pen with Monty as a SP or are they better after those trades? I think the former but hope it turns to the latter.
    Clown, I tend to agree. Montas debut did not impress. However as much as I hated losing Waldi and Wesnecki they have no track record on the ML level. It is difficult to predict what they might have done. I guess we wait and watch.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,376
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown, I tend to agree. Montas debut did not impress. However as much as I hated losing Waldi and Wesnecki they have no track record on the ML level. It is difficult to predict what they might have done. I guess we wait and watch.
    It seems like a bad way to build a team. I absolutely agree that you trade top specs for the right players. I just don't know that they ever really do that. Waldi and PEraza for Castillo? I would have been bummed but I would have understood.
    If Montas didn't have any health issues, I would understand moving Waldi for him. Hopefully, that becomes an obvious win for the Yankees. It certainly could. Montas needs a few starts to get going. It will be a while before we know which pitcher they got

    It is so weird. If Peraza is as good as he's hyped, why on earth would you settle for what IKF is doing?
    Flo has actually had some success at the MLB level. Why not call him up instead of Locastro. I love Locastro's style of play but why not give those reps to Flo to see if he can stick?

    And if you aren't going to play them? Trade them for Fs sake.

    The FO signed IKF as a stopgap. They signed him so he wouldn't block Peraza or Volpe. It makes zero sense



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    50,617
    I think IKF to Cashman is the same as Gallo. He has to justify the trade so that's why he keeps putting him out there. It doesn't make a ton of sense. The dude is clearly a bench player. Sometimes ego gets in the way of good decision making. Same reason why Abreu is with the team as opposed to Marinaccio.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It seems like a bad way to build a team. I absolutely agree that you trade top specs for the right players. I just don't know that they ever really do that. Waldi and PEraza for Castillo? I would have been bummed but I would have understood.
    If Montas didn't have any health issues, I would understand moving Waldi for him. Hopefully, that becomes an obvious win for the Yankees. It certainly could. Montas needs a few starts to get going. It will be a while before we know which pitcher they got

    It is so weird. If Peraza is as good as he's hyped, why on earth would you settle for what IKF is doing?
    Flo has actually had some success at the MLB level. Why not call him up instead of Locastro. I love Locastro's style of play but why not give those reps to Flo to see if he can stick?

    And if you aren't going to play them? Trade them for Fs sake.

    The FO signed IKF as a stopgap. They signed him so he wouldn't block Peraza or Volpe. It makes zero sense
    Again I agree 100%. Thus far Montas hasn't impressed and it's a legit criticism to question the signing.

    I think Peraza is in their plans. Maybe not this season but certainly in the very near future. Cashman was reluctant to include Volpe and/or Peraza in several deals per the reports. I imagine they think very highly of them and have high expectations. I just hope it ain't all hype!


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,505
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think IKF to Cashman is the same as Gallo. He has to justify the trade so that's why he keeps putting him out there. It doesn't make a ton of sense. The dude is clearly a bench player. Sometimes ego gets in the way of good decision making. Same reason why Abreu is with the team as opposed to Marinaccio.
    Yes, BUT he came to his senses and shipped out Gallo. Can we expect the same with IKF?


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It seems like a bad way to build a team. I absolutely agree that you trade top specs for the right players. I just don't know that they ever really do that. Waldi and PEraza for Castillo? I would have been bummed but I would have understood.
    If Montas didn't have any health issues, I would understand moving Waldi for him. Hopefully, that becomes an obvious win for the Yankees. It certainly could. Montas needs a few starts to get going. It will be a while before we know which pitcher they got

    It is so weird. If Peraza is as good as he's hyped, why on earth would you settle for what IKF is doing?
    Flo has actually had some success at the MLB level. Why not call him up instead of Locastro. I love Locastro's style of play but why not give those reps to Flo to see if he can stick?

    And if you aren't going to play them? Trade them for Fs sake.

    The FO signed IKF as a stopgap. They signed him so he wouldn't block Peraza or Volpe. It makes zero sense
    Clown, for 2022 IKF is the SS. They are not going to a rookie this late in the season. They were playing.750 ball with IKF as SS and will,go,with the veteran for Oct.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,177
    If IKF was playing the GG defense he was brought here to do, sure I could see sticking with him for the rest of the yr, he isn't.

    Peraza is the better defense player now and that's the area of the game that translates quickly from 1 level to the next.

    We have 7 weeks left, why not get a look at Peraza, Cabrera and Flo for 3 weeks and see if they can't give us more than what we've been getting from Hicks, Marwin and IKF

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    50,617
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yes, BUT he came to his senses and shipped out Gallo. Can we expect the same with IKF?
    I don't see it unless the AL East division race tightens up and it won't because the Blue Jays and Rays are far too inconsistent. Ideally you want home field but I think Cashman is perfectly okay with winning the AL East and getting that bye. Weird because that extra home game could be huge in the ALCS.

    Bringing up Peraza makes all the sense in the world though. He's got pop, speed, he's a good glove, etc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    50,617
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If IKF was playing the GG defense he was brought here to do, sure I could see sticking with him for the rest of the yr, he isn't.

    Peraza is the better defense player now and that's the area of the game that translates quickly from 1 level to the next.

    We have 7 weeks left, why not get a look at Peraza, Cabrera and Flo for 3 weeks and see if they can't give us more than what we've been getting from Hicks, Marwin and IKF
    Hey, I complain about that with the Mets too in respect to Francisco Alvarez. The Braves just brought up Vaughn Grissom, Michael Harris and Spencer Strider this year. 2 of which never played a game in AAA. Strider had minimal starts in AAA as well. So far two of them have been excellent and a big reason why the Braves are in the NL East race. The old school mentality has always been bringing prospects along slowly and in this day and age, I don't think you can take that uniformed approach with all these guys. If you have a need and you have a really good prospect at the position of need, you should bring that player up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,177
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hey, I complain about that with the Mets too in respect to Francisco Alvarez. The Braves just brought up Vaughn Grissom, Michael Harris and Spencer Strider this year. 2 of which never played a game in AAA. Strider had minimal starts in AAA as well. So far two of them have been excellent and a big reason why the Braves are in the NL East race. The old school mentality has always been bringing prospects along slowly and in this day and age, I don't think you can take that uniformed approach with all these guys. If you have a need and you have a really good prospect at the position of need, you should bring that player up.
    Couldn't u guys use Alvarez and have him split time between C/DH? BTW what we're the Cubs asking for from u guys for Contreras ??

    I give the Braves a lot of credit, Grissom was even as highly ranked as guys like Peraza and Volpe. They thought he could help and it looks like he's going to.

    I can see the argument our front office could make about IKF vs Peraza. SS is a demanding position, especially for the Yanks, and handing over the starting job to a kid with no MLB experience in the middle of a playoff run would be a big ask. Especially with the offense struggling already, they really don't want to see have another player struggling potentially while Peraza would be adjusting.

    For the life of me I don't understand not calling up Cabrera or Flo to replace Marwin and one of Hicks or Locastro.
    Cabrera has been getting reps in the COF spot and can play 3 of the 4 infield positions very well, plus he actually got a bat that would play very well. He's hit 20hrs in AA and AAA LHed between the last 2yrs, how is that not a huge advantage as a bench piece. He plays plus defense at 2nd and 3rd and has speed to steal or take that extra bag Marwin doesn't anymore. With Carp out another LH bat wouldn't hurt.

    Hicks and Locastro are giving us basically nothing, Flo is out of options after this yr. Flo is a better defender than either and at least would give us a nice LH bat with pop and speed. Makes zero sense IMO

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    50,617
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Couldn't u guys use Alvarez and have him split time between C/DH? BTW what we're the Cubs asking for from u guys for Contreras ??

    I give the Braves a lot of credit, Grissom was even as highly ranked as guys like Peraza and Volpe. They thought he could help and it looks like he's going to.

    I can see the argument our front office could make about IKF vs Peraza. SS is a demanding position, especially for the Yanks, and handing over the starting job to a kid with no MLB experience in the middle of a playoff run would be a big ask. Especially with the offense struggling already, they really don't want to see have another player struggling potentially while Peraza would be adjusting.

    For the life of me I don't understand not calling up Cabrera or Flo to replace Marwin and one of Hicks or Locastro.
    Cabrera has been getting reps in the COF spot and can play 3 of the 4 infield positions very well, plus he actually got a bat that would play very well. He's hit 20hrs in AA and AAA LHed between the last 2yrs, how is that not a huge advantage as a bench piece. He plays plus defense at 2nd and 3rd and has speed to steal or take that extra bag Marwin doesn't anymore. With Carp out another LH bat wouldn't hurt.

    Hicks and Locastro are giving us basically nothing, Flo is out of options after this yr. Flo is a better defender than either and at least would give us a nice LH bat with pop and speed. Makes zero sense IMO
    I heard the Cubs wanted Vientos or Mauricio. Both of which I was fine with giving up but we don't have the farm system you guys have so I think they wanted to keep their top prospects as they currently stand. But we all know what this is about. Its about money. Florial is not an option because Hicks is still owed 40 million bucks over the next 4 years. Same reason the Mets won't bring up Alvarez. McCann is being paid 24 million over the next 2 seasons.

    But the IKF thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I get SS is a hard position to play but everything you hear about Peraza is that he's an exceptional fielder. Meanwhile that's the thing the Yankees brought IKF in for was his defense which has been less than spectacular. What's the worst that can happen? Peraza is demoted? To me, if a prospect can't make it back from a demotion then he presumably has no business being in the majors to begin with. The Yankees have nothing to lose bringing up some of these guys. They're literally getting next to nothing from IKF, Hicks, Gonzalez, Locastro and they could use the infusion of young talent.

    At the very least Florial and Peraza should be up.

    The Braves were in the same spot. They had no CF and they needed a SP. Both call ups have benefitted them greatly.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-11-2022 at 09:04 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,823
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Couldn't u guys use Alvarez and have him split time between C/DH? BTW what we're the Cubs asking for from u guys for Contreras ??

    I give the Braves a lot of credit, Grissom was even as highly ranked as guys like Peraza and Volpe. They thought he could help and it looks like he's going to.

    I can see the argument our front office could make about IKF vs Peraza. SS is a demanding position, especially for the Yanks, and handing over the starting job to a kid with no MLB experience in the middle of a playoff run would be a big ask. Especially with the offense struggling already, they really don't want to see have another player struggling potentially while Peraza would be adjusting.

    For the life of me I don't understand not calling up Cabrera or Flo to replace Marwin and one of Hicks or Locastro.
    Cabrera has been getting reps in the COF spot and can play 3 of the 4 infield positions very well, plus he actually got a bat that would play very well. He's hit 20hrs in AA and AAA LHed between the last 2yrs, how is that not a huge advantage as a bench piece. He plays plus defense at 2nd and 3rd and has speed to steal or take that extra bag Marwin doesn't anymore. With Carp out another LH bat wouldn't hurt.

    Hicks and Locastro are giving us basically nothing, Flo is out of options after this yr. Flo is a better defender than either and at least would give us a nice LH bat with pop and speed. Makes zero sense IMO


    Cashman likes veterans in the playoffs.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •