• Jeff Luhnow

0 0%
  • Scott Harris

0 0%
  • other

4 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poll Who should replace Cashman?

Have at it PSD faithful. Assuming you believe a change is in order, who should replace Cashman?
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-08-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I will speak on behalf of all of us including you that we are greatly offended that our names were not listed as viable options
    From those choices
    Theo and other
    I think they should find a new face. I don't know who that is but someone who knows players better than Anals.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will speak on behalf of all of us including you that we are greatly offended that our names were not listed as viable options
    From those choices
    Theo and other
    I think they should find a new face. I don't know who that is but someone who knows players better than Anals.
    We all know the truth. We are in fact the collective GM's. Cashman is simply the de facto mouthpiece and figurehead. He answers to us. Unfortunately he doesn't always listen. Due to his high public profile he garners the lions share of press. BUT we all know who runs the club.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Jeter
    I mentioned his name in the other thread. I think he would do a good job. He has passion and desire to win. Some experience with the Marlins. Just don't know what it would take to entice him to leave Fla. He would get my vote.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I feel like there is someone waiting in the wings who hasn't had a shot yet. I don't know who that would be but I would rather fresh blood. Enough recycling and rebooting, really go with a change.

Find someone who could carve out their way. It shouldn't be too hard with the payroll they will be afforded.

I don't mind Theo. Jeter would be a good choice but as mentioned, I doubt he wants the job.

Arod. I will bet he would be fantastic at the job

In now ay to I want Beane. Hall the bean counter with Billy Beane? No thanks.

Ignorance is bliss

the yankees have to go outside the organization for a new gm..a new gm will bring new ideas and a different approach to the stale old thinking of the last 24 years...

Jeff Gorton did a heck of a job with my NY RANGERS, but he got hired by Montreal,, I'd say Chris Drury but I would rather he sticks with my RANGERS as the current GM

I would give Theo Epstein 5 years and see if he does his magic like he did with with the Red Sox and the Cubs.

Meanwhile someone should work under him to be groomed and become the GM someday (like Cashman did under Gene Michael in the 90s).

Buck would have been my #1 choice

Theo would be my #2.

Swindell would be my #3 because he actually WANTS to win.

Beyond any and all of that, ARod and, believe it or not, Bobby V, have incredible, incredible baseball minds but would be hard sells for the NY media and LIV fair-weathers.

Need an old-school, brass tacks guy that eschews the binder and is willing to turn the current datalytics war-room into a public urinal.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 08-08-2022 at 07:48 PM.

Cashman has a couple of fatal flaws in my book. He constantly wants to be the smartest guy in baseball. For every Gio, DJ's, Trevino, Nestor, Holmes, ect there have been twice as many JD's, Gallo's, Hicks, IKF's.

The other one and this is the one that has cost him multiple championships in the last 15 plus yrs. It's been his inability to bring in the right starting pitching and until recently their inability to develop them. Then again he traded all the recently ( potentially very good) starters they developed at the deadline. Taillon instead of Musgrove, Gray over Verlander the list goes on and on.

I'm not a fan of the team, but I would be looking inside Houston's GM tree for an outside candidate. As far as what they do with their players, they do it as well or better than anyone, IMO. They have lost star after star, yet keep performing at an elite level for many yrs in a row now

I don't think this team is nearly as bad as they have been the last month, but if they don't turn it around I hope they move on from Cashman

I just don't see the direction he has them going being one that leads to winning multiple chips in the near future

Hopefully when Rizzo, Stanton and Bader get back along with Benny starting to get comfortable the offense will turn it around.

I think the real challenge will be the rotation in the playoffs. Will Cole, Nestor, Montas and Sevy be healthy and preforming well. If those 4 are on, they will be very tough to beat IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cashman has a couple of fatal flaws in my book. He constantly wants to be the smartest guy in baseball. For every Gio, DJ's, Trevino, Nestor, Holmes, ect there have been twice as many JD's, Gallo's, Hicks, IKF's.

The other one and this is the one that has cost him multiple championships in the last 15 plus yrs. It's been his inability to bring in the right starting pitching and until recently their inability to develop them. Then again he traded all the recently ( potentially very good) starters they developed at the deadline. Taillon instead of Musgrove, Gray over Verlander the list goes on and on.

I'm not a fan of the team, but I would be looking inside Houston's GM tree for an outside candidate. As far as what they do with their players, they do it as well or better than anyone, IMO. They have lost star after star, yet keep performing at an elite level for many yrs in a row now

I don't think this team is nearly as bad as they have been the last month, but if they don't turn it around I hope they move on from Cashman

I just don't see the direction he has them going being one that leads to winning multiple chips in the near future

Hopefully when Rizzo, Stanton and Bader get back along with Benny starting to get comfortable the offense will turn it around.

I think the real challenge will be the rotation in the playoffs. Will Cole, Nestor, Montas and Sevy be healthy and preforming well. If those 4 are on, they will be very tough to beat IMO
    you are kidding yourself if you think this team can pose a challenge to houston.. a month ago before all the issues came up i said they were not good enough to beat houston.. now i am not convinced the yanks can beat even toronto tampa or even seattle in the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    you are kidding yourself if you think this team can pose a challenge to houston.. a month ago before all the issues came up i said they were not good enough to beat houston.. now i am not convinced the yanks can beat even toronto tampa or even seattle in the playoffs..
    This team is by no means perfect but if everyone is healthy and relatively playing well, they can beat Houston. Houston isn't as strong as their past teams and I'd like to think the Yankees have gotten better but marginally (reduced strikeouts on offense and praying Sevy is healthy and Montas is a solid #2-3).

As far as GM, I don't care who it is as long as he (or she) can lead the next group of prospects along with what we have currently to another dynasty. Cashman blew his chance with his group (2017 Judge, Sevy, Sanchez, Bird and Andujar). We still have our top 4 prospects and our current team is close. If we don't win it all this year, find someone else to take us to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Using that broken 8 ball again?

What did Houston do to upgrade their roster? Maccini ? how much better does that realistically make them?

We aren't anywhere close to full strength and the team we've seen the last month isn't close to being the team we'll have in Sept or the playoffs

We got Benni, who is an absolutely huge upgrade over Gallo/Hicks in LF. He's got on base a ton since he's been here and the bat is finally showing up. He may not be a huge power threat, but he makes hard contact and hits alot of doubles.

Regardless if we all hated the Monty deal, Bader is a massive upgrade in CF over Hicks and will save runs

It's no coincidence that we've been playing our worst BB of the yr since Stanton and more recently Rizzo has been out. Putting those to back in the lineup changes everything offensively
    I'd love to see a lineup of
    Dj
    Benni
    Judge
    Rizzo
    Stanton
    JD/Torres
    IKF ? ( Peraza_) I can dream
    Trevi
    Bader

Thats a long balance lineup with power, contact and some speed

I'll take a healthy rotation of
    Cole
    Nestor
    Montas
    Sevy over most other rotations

Give Blake a month to refine the new BP arms and I have no doubt they will be better than what we are seeing now. We still have Brit and Rodriguez coming back And German will go into the BP when Sevy comes back or Schmidt gets stretched our

I don't think this team, when complete and healthy will get blown away by anyone IMO

Also, not to subvert the thread, but as bad as we have been for the last two weeks, Houston has only gained one game on us. Home field is definitely possible. And Houston has not played well against teams in the East except us, so maybe Tampa or Toronto takes them out in the ALDS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast