Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Big blow losing Beuhler for the year. Hopefully our other guys can make up for his loss come playoff time.
    Hope May will come back pitching well. Supposedly has looked good so far.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Hope May will come back pitching well. Supposedly has looked good so far.
    Such a good story with that kid, too. He was lighting it up before he got hurt, but I remember a story they did about him and his dad, and their relationship and work to get to where he is in the majors. Easy guy to root for in my book, and I am REALLY looking forward to his return.

Never would wish my life away, but fast forwarding to the postseason, this is going to be so much fun. Each of the contending teams has their own identity and strength. With the exception of Kimbrel, it's hard to find too many weaknesses on this particular squad, especially with Muncy seemingly back on track.
    Last edited by sonofdad; 08-16-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Such a good story with that kid, too. He was lighting it up before he got hurt, but I remember a story they did about him and his dad, and their relationship and work to get to where he is in the majors. Easy guy to root for in my book, and I am REALLY looking forward to his return.

Never would wish my life away, but fast forwarding to the postseason, this is going to be so much fun. Each of the contending teams has their own identity and strength. With the exception of Kimbrel, it's hard to find too many weaknesses on this particular squad, especially with Muncy seemingly back on track.
    Well Said.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

So Ferguson has quietly been one of the most dominant bullpen pitchers in the league this year. He's always had great stuff and it seems he's finally healthy and he's been absolutely lights out all season so far.

Meanwhile, Kimbrel blew another game last night, The reason I'm irritated with Kimbrel is because he very rarely has a clean inning. Guys always put great swings on him and have good at bats against him. Even though he's been getting the saves, it's always difficult. I honestly don't remember the last time he had a clean inning let alone looked good or dominant up there.

Kimbrel gets the save, but yet another adventure. He just can't have any clean innings. At least he had solid control tonight and actually threw mostly competitive pitches. With Trienen and Graterol coming back though and with Philips and Ferguson pitching so well, Kimbrel has to pick it up substantially or he won't be on the playoff roster.

I’m done with Kimbrel in high leverage situations. I think he’s shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I’m done with Kimbrel in high leverage situations. I think he’s shot.

Yep. I was really happy Roberts brought in Phillips last night instead of Kimbrel. Kimbrel has been our worst pitcher this season

Holy moly! Dustin May looks freaken amazing. I know the Marlins aren't great, but geez this guys stuff has so much movement and great velocity and he can change speeds reasonably well and has decent control. If he can improve his control, he can be the best pitcher in baseball. Five types of pitches and at least four are elite. He said he's worked on his change up during his rehab; he threw it in this game and it was pretty nasty.

We have a decent chance to break the all-time single season wins record. Pretty amazing, especially when considering that we've had so many injuries, especially to some of our best pitchers.

We have a decent chance to break the all-time single season wins record. Pretty amazing, especially when considering that we've had so many injuries, especially to some of our best pitchers.
    I was just talking about this to my brother in law. They don't have to play even at the level they are playing now to get the record. Let's hope Gonsolin doesn't miss too many starts and Kershaw comes back soon. That will help. I just hope they don't get caught up in that and let Trey Turner and Freddy rest. They have played every game.

Only two wins away from setting the all-time wins record for the franchise
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-26-2022 at 03:54 PM.

One win away from breaking our franchise record!

One win away from breaking our franchise record!
    Wouldn’t it be sweet against the Padres tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Wouldn’t it be sweet against the Padres tonight?

We'll have to wait till tonight, but I think tonight will be the night!

New franchise record for wins!! 107 and counting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast