LHP
    9-3, 2.57 ERA, 115 SO

VS

Mariners
    Robbie Ray
    LHP
    8-8, 3.96 ERA, 149 S0

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I am not confident about this I could easily see a 5 game losing streak go to 7.

Ignorance is bliss

yanks have to win the next 2 series.. but they lost a series to seattle at home without seattle 2 best hitters in rodriquez and france..

And what is Blake doing about the pitching!

It has been complete crap for a month now.

When it is all going well he is praised and when the pitching goes south it is ignored and he is protected.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Maybe Cole will only give up 5 first inning runs this time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Maybe Cole will only give up 5 first inning runs this time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I really think he hates pitching in the 1st inning at Yankee Stadium. I think roll call is too much for him. When he gave up 6 runs in the first inning last week it looked like he gave the bleacher creatures a stare to STFU. Now the camera angle could have been wrong but I think he likes it quiet and no delays to start the game as well.

He seems to have been pampered his entire baseball career going back to high school. I never question his talent because he obviously got his pitches to work perfectly after that dreadful 1st inning. I think he is a high maintenance guy who is probably a pain in the *** during the day when he starts.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I really think he hates pitching in the 1st inning at Yankee Stadium. I think roll call is too much for him. When he gave up 6 runs in the first inning last week it looked like he gave the bleacher creatures a stare to STFU. Now the camera angle could have been wrong but I think he likes it quiet and no delays to start the game as well.

He seems to have been pampered his entire baseball career going back to high school. I never question his talent because he obviously got his pitches to work perfectly after that dreadful 1st inning. I think he is a high maintenance guy who is probably a pain in the *** during the day when he starts.
    I think the bolded is accurate or at least the Yankees have no issue with him being portrayed that way.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think the bolded is accurate or at least the Yankees have no issue with him being portrayed that way.
    We are coming down the stretch. We need the real Cole to show up vs Castillo. The pitching has been disastrous in the past month or so. I feel the offense can still scratch out enough runs without Rizzo and Big Mike in the lineup but the pitching has to improve immensely if they want best record in the AL. The team is spinning it’s wheels and cannot get out of the mud. Boone has to do something different and that is to light a fire under their ***** or bring in the old King George video speeches from the late 70s when he did his famous clubhouse speeches during a bad inning of games.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We are coming down the stretch. We need the real Cole to show up vs Castillo. The pitching has been disastrous in the past month or so. I feel the offense can still scratch out enough runs without Rizzo and Big Mike in the lineup but the pitching has to improve immensely if they want best record in the AL. The team is spinning it’s wheels and cannot get out of the mud. Boone has to do something different and that is to light a fire under their ***** or bring in the old King George video speeches from the late 70s when he did his famous clubhouse speeches during a bad inning of games.
    For comic relief?

Nick it's 2022.

The rest I agree 110%, particularly in regards to Cole performance.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-08-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Blue Jays have a really soft schedule the rest of the way. Aside from the Yankees, Rays, Os and Sox, it's Cleveland, Pittsburg, angels, white sox

Rays are the same

If the Yankees come back from this road trip and the Jays are within 7 and the Rays under 10, it will be a rough ride. Those teams will smell blood in the water and be even tougher matchups.

A week ago, I thought the division was a wrap. I don't feel that way now. If they get back Stanton and Rizzo and get hot, even for 2 weeks this month? It's over. They can limp their way to the finish line.

If they are lees than 5 up at the end of the month? I think the dookie will hit the fan and they will unravel

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Blue Jays have a really soft schedule the rest of the way. Aside from the Yankees, Rays, Os and Sox, it's Cleveland, Pittsburg, angels, white sox

Rays are the same

If the Yankees come back from this road trip and the Jays are within 7 and the Rays under 10, it will be a rough ride. Those teams will smell blood in the water and be even tougher matchups.

A week ago, I thought the division was a wrap. I don't feel that way now. If they get back Stanton and Rizzo and get hot, even for 2 weeks this month? It's over. They can limp their way to the finish line.

If they are lees than 5 up at the end of the month? I think the dookie will hit the fan and they will unravel
    Imo, therein lies the key. Get those two back and the offense looks much more potent and they simply put it on cruise. The team is essentially the same that amassed the best record in MLB during first half, sans Rizzo and Stanton. So imo, no coincidence they are slumping.

I am not certain Montas is a huge addition based on debut, but he should be extended the benefit of doubt, but not for long and not in mass quantity. Yankees surrendered three promising arms! Hopefully he gets comfortable quickly.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo, therein lies the key. Get those two back and the offense looks much more potent and they simply put it on cruise. The team is essentially the same that amassed the best record in MLB during first half, sans Rizzo and Stanton. So imo, no coincidence they are slumping.

I am not certain Montas is a huge addition based on debut, but he should be extended the benefit of doubt, but not for long and not in mass quantity. Yankees surrendered three promising arms! Hopefully he gets comfortable quickly.
    Dr, I fully agree with Rizzo and StNton in the lineup but they scored 9 runs yesterday and they still lost.

IMO, pitching has to get better and that includes the bullie.

12-17 is a long stretch for a team to be below .500 that was playing .750 for almost 80 games. The current trend is concerning because of the piss poor pitching.

Dr, do you remember some of the better 1980s teams that had a good lineup but couldn’t pitch in Aug and Sept? This feels the same and the hot start has helped save the current record.

We are seeing bad things happening lately.

Rizzo back
    Stanton out as usual
    King gone for the season
    Taillon sliding down that slippery slope
    Holmes blowing games left and right
    Sevy hurt again
    Cole pitching like a #3
    Monty traded with no replacement

It just become mind boggling.

And I said Cortes was the ace as he is very consistent
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-08-2022 at 10:29 AM.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Nick, no argument. You need decent, consistent pitching. As I said earlier, Monty blunder may prove to be very costly.

However, those one run losses hurt, 1-0. 2-3 ect. Low scores that I believe Rizzo and/or Stanton could have been difference makers.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick, no argument. You need decent, consistent pitching. As I said earlier, Monty blunder may prove to be very costly.

However, those one run losses hurt, 1-0. 2-3 ect. Low scores that I believe Rizzo and/or Stanton could have been difference makers.
    the bullpen has been terrible with the exception of a few pitchers so many games were lost due to the bad pen the last month...

i am ready to turn the page off season fire boone and let cashman go start fresh new gm new modern ideas and not the stale ideas of cashman..

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast