Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Bull Durham
    Rocky
    Brianís song
    Slap shot
    Hoosiers
    These are all number 1 in there sport imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watched Slap Shot last night. "HANRAHAN, YOUR WIFE IS A LESBIAN". "SHE TOLD ME YESTERDAY". "OLD TIME HOCKEY". "EDDIE SHORE".

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Watched Slap Shot last night. "HANRAHAN, YOUR WIFE IS A LESBIAN". "SHE TOLD ME YESTERDAY". "OLD TIME HOCKEY". "EDDIE SHORE".
    Timeless classic. Canít wait til my son is old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Timeless classic. Canít wait til my son is old enough.

Yeah. I loved the "interviews" with the announcer with a cow flop toupe.

Then best clip I thought was the announcer of the other team describing the fights on the ice and in the stands when someone threw someting and hit one of the Hansen brothers and the team went into the stands and a riot insued.

His description of the fights on the ice and in the stands made me laugh so hard I had tears running down my eyes.

"THERE IS MAYHEM IN THE STANDS.THE SECURITY PEOPLE ARE HOLDING THEIR OWN. THE FANS ARE HOLDING THEIR OWN. EVEN THE PEANUT VENDOR IS FIGHTING BACK. HELL, IF I WASN'T IN THIS BOOTH, I'D BE TRYING TO FIGHT THEM"!!!
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 08-09-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Just to be an argument starter, I'll say it again, Field of Dreams was awful. Lets create a movie about sports, but the player are ghosts, and lets send a guy on a cross country adventure to meet a bunch of ghosts. Oh and lets make it political while we are at it. Maybe I'm just a hater, but I was not disappointed that it took me this long to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Yeah. Field of Dreams was weak. Now if they wanted to make a movie about what Shoeless Joeís life was like after the scandal, that might be interesting. Account for how he played under other aliases in independent leaguesÖif indeed that actually did happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    You're just a hater. I had memories of playing catch with my Dad and tears rolling down my cheek when he asked his dad for a catch. It was an extremely well made and classic movie.
    You did ask for it, right?

It's about a relationship between Father and Son. Baseball was just the backdrop.

Heel just froze over as I agree with BOP. I cried so much when the catcher was John (dad).
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You did ask for it, right?

It's about a relationship between Father and Son. Baseball was just the backdrop.

Heel just froze over as I agree with BOP. I cried so much when the catcher was John (dad).
    Man I just didnít feel it from that movie. I remember getting to the end and thinking, this movie has all this hype? Definite not my style of movie. I can honestly say only 1 movie ever brought a tear out for me. Green Mile.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Man I just didnít feel it from that movie. I remember getting to the end and thinking, this movie has all this hype? Definite not my style of movie. I can honestly say only 1 movie ever brought a tear out for me. Green Mile.
    Oh, I am a sucker for films so me crying in a film doesn't mean much unless it happens for others like that scene does.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12