Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chicago White Sox (55-53) @ Kansas City Royals (44-65) | 8/9 - 8/11

Chicago White Sox (55-53) @ Kansas City Royals (44-65)
    Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City, MO. | 8/9 -8/11

Game 1 Tuesday August 9, 2022 @ 3:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Lance Lynn, RHP (2-4, 5.87 ERA) vs. Brady Singer, RHP (4-4, 3.67 ERA)

Game 2 Tuesday August 9, 2022 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Davis Martin, RHP (1-3, 4.75 ERA) vs. Jonathan Heasley, RHP (1-6, 5.82 ERA)

Wednesday August 10, 2022 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Johnny Cueto, RHP (4-5, 2.91 ERA) vs. Ktis Bubic, LHP (2-6, 5.27 ERA)

Thursday August 11, 2022 @ 2:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Dylan Cease, RHP (12-4, 1.98 ERA) vs. Zack Grienke, RHP (3-7, 4.58 ERA)
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 08-09-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Sox begin a stretch of 21 games in 20 days, there next off day after today is 8/29. During that span they play at home to Houston and on the road against Cleveland & Baltimore.

NEED - a sweep
    Hope - 3/4
    Likely outcome - split

and the mediocrity continues
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    NEED - a sweep
    Hope - 3/4
    Likely outcome - split

and the mediocrity continues
    Naw we are taking 3 of 4 in this one. Just a gut feeling lol.

We need to EFFing sweep!
    We Gotta Believe!

https://twitter.com/Russ_Dorsey1/sta...60557068533761

White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson will be out 4-6 weeks with a torn ligament in his hand, source tells @BallySports and @Stadium Surgery is a possibility.
    This is news from like 3 hours ago, but I don't see anyone discussing it. Looks like he's probably done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post

This is news from like 3 hours ago, but I don't see anyone discussing it. Looks like he's probably done for the year.
    He could heal closer to the 4 week mark and it's only Sept 9. How long would getting back up to speed and getting called up really take?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

That'll get Sosa some extra AB's! Maybe with the path clear for him, the pressure will be off a bit and he will produce.

Why in the wide wide world of sports do they bring up a pitcher to throw the 2nd game of a double headed and not add Burger instead? Has anyone seen the 2nd part of the line-up today? Grandal, Garcia, Sheets, Engle and Sosa. Going into the game, Sheets was the only batter hitting over .220 and had more home runs than the other four in total. Screw LaRussa.He is literally giving games away.

While i am typing this, Moncada hit a home run, his 6th. On the one section of the plate where he can hit a pitch. Whoopie. He has lived up to his home run a month pace.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post

I posted it in a different thread, TA looked bad over the weekend, maybe now we know why.
    There is absolutely NO REASON for Sosa not to get a shot at SS for the rest of the season - none.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Why in the wide wide world of sports do they bring up a pitcher to throw the 2nd game of a double headed and not add Burger instead? Has anyone seen the 2nd part of the line-up today? Grandal, Garcia, Sheets, Engle and Sosa. Going into the game, Sheets was the only batter hitting over .220 and had more home runs than the other four in total. Screw LaRussa.He is literally giving games away.

While i am typing this, Moncada hit a home run, his 6th. On the one section of the plate where he can hit a pitch. Whoopie. He has lived up to his home run a month pace.
    We play 21 games in 20 days. No off days. If you donít throw Davis Martin there, that means someone is going on short rest or our BP gets taxed in a BP game. Iíll take using Martin Vs the Royals rather then taxing the starters and bullpen right before a week Vs the Astros and Guardians. Also howíd it work out? I feel like every time someone complains about the lineup, we win. Especially on Sundays lol!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We play 21 games in 20 days. No off days. If you donít throw Davis Martin there, that means someone is going on short rest or our BP gets taxed in a BP game. Iíll take using Martin Vs the Royals rather then taxing the starters and bullpen right before a week Vs the Astros and Guardians. Also howíd it work out? I feel like every time someone complains about the lineup, we win. Especially on Sundays lol!
    I don't agree. This isn't the first half of the season. They need to WIN NOW. They have more than enough healthy starters and guys like Lambert and Lopez who can spot in as a starter. I didn't see the first game but that line-up in the second game was ridiculous. Other than Sheets, no one batting 6-9 was hitting over .220 and had any power. Garcia was hopping around like Long John Silver in the batters box trying to hit. Grandal is hitting like .170 and "runs" like an earth mover. They have three guys in the minors right now who should immediately replace Grandal, Garcia, and Moncada. This is serious. They need to win now and having a line-up full of cripples and over-the hill players is an embarrassment.

I don't agree. This isn't the first half of the season. They need to WIN NOW. They have more than enough healthy starters and guys like Lambert and Lopez who can spot in as a starter. I didn't see the first game but that line-up in the second game was ridiculous. Other than Sheets, no one batting 6-9 was hitting over .220 and had any power. Garcia was hopping around like Long John Silver in the batters box trying to hit. Grandal is hitting like .170 and "runs" like an earth mover. They have three guys in the minors right now who should immediately replace Grandal, Garcia, and Moncada. This is serious. They need to win now and having a line-up full of cripples and over-the hill players is an embarrassment.
    Davis Martin is our 6th starter. Hence why he stays stretched in AAA. Lambert is a key cog in our bullpen now. Heís not stretched. What did you want him to do, throw 2 innings? Them what? Lopez 2 innings in his 1st day back? Who do you throw the next 5? Ruiz, Diekman, Graveman, Hendriks? And you talk about just win. You wanna tax the entire pitching staff on the 2nd if 20 straight days with no days off? All so you can put Burger in the lineup, who isnít even hitting AAA pitching well right now?

Funny youíre even arguing this still. Moncada hit a go ahead HR. Martin threw 5.2 innings with a sub 1.00 whip. Sheets went 2-4 and ended up with the game winning RBI. Oh and we won, without taxing the pen, without throwing a starter who we will need on normal rest, and without your man crush Jake Burger. Thank God you donít make the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Davis Martin is our 6th starter. Hence why he stays stretched in AAA. Lambert is a key cog in our bullpen now. Heís not stretched. What did you want him to do, throw 2 innings? Them what? Lopez 2 innings in his 1st day back? Who do you throw the next 5? Ruiz, Diekman, Graveman, Hendriks? And you talk about just win. You wanna tax the entire pitching staff on the 2nd if 20 straight days with no days off? All so you can put Burger in the lineup, who isnít even hitting AAA pitching well right now?

Funny youíre even arguing this still. Moncada hit a go ahead HR. Martin threw 5.2 innings with a sub 1.00 whip. Sheets went 2-4 and ended up with the game winning RBI. Oh and we won, without taxing the pen, without throwing a starter who we will need on normal rest, and without your man crush Jake Burger. Thank God you donít make the calls.
    Moncada stinks. Burger hits. They need healthy guys who can hit going forward. Lambert could have done what Martin did easily. The staff just had a rest day on Monday for God's sake and they've got plenty pitchers. I know how Tony uses Martin. This would be okay in the first half of the year but we have 50+ games and two teams competing for the division with us. Better teams than we are will win the wild card.

You just do not know how important having a guy like Burger in the line-up. for whatever reason, you've bagged on him all year and all he has done since coming back from two terrible injuries is play his *** off and produce, something that Moncada has not done since three years ago. Burger is hitting in 3A also. What more can he do with Tony's fascination with Moncada's yellow shoes.? Tony is just a senile man who naps in the dugout. You can see him nodding off during the game. Also, I wonder why you never see LaRussa in the first half of the game. I'd bet he is in the clubhouse "resting" with a wake-up call after two hours. Then he has to have his heart woken up with a couple of shots of Maker's Mark.

Too bad you don't understand how a baseball team should be managed.

Moncada stinks. Burger hits. They need healthy guys who can hit going forward. Lambert could have done what Martin did easily. The staff just had a rest day on Monday for God's sake and they've got plenty pitchers. I know how Tony uses Martin. This would be okay in the first half of the year but we have 50+ games and two teams competing for the division with us. Better teams than we are will win the wild card.

You just do not know how important having a guy like Burger in the line-up. for whatever reason, you've bagged on him all year and all he has done since coming back from two terrible injuries is play his *** off and produce, something that Moncada has not done since three years ago. Burger is hitting in 3A also. What more can he do with Tony's fascination with Moncada's yellow shoes.? Tony is just a senile man who naps in the dugout. You can see him nodding off during the game. Also, I wonder why you never see LaRussa in the first half of the game. I'd bet he is in the clubhouse "resting" with a wake-up call after two hours. Then he has to have his heart woken up with a couple of shots of Maker's Mark.

Too bad you don't understand how a baseball team should be managed.
    Burger literally cost us games with his defense. He got hurt. Heí had his rehab assignment delayed due to being sick. Now heís back on his rehab assignment and heís not exactly blowing the cover off the ball.

Again, Lambert isnít stretched out at all. Last time he threw 2+ Innings was June 11th. So youíre saying he would have been able to throw 5.2 yesterday? You are sure of that? Last time he started a game he went 2 innings 4 ERs. In his 2 major league stats he went 3 and 3.2 and gave up 4 runs across those 2 starts. Davis Martin is stretched. Heís our 6th starter. Lambert is not stretched. Heís a key piece in our pen. You canít just make things up and argue it as fact. Iím literally giving you factual information here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast