Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Yankees at Cardinnals 8/5-8/7

Friday, August 5th, 8:15 pm
    Dakota Hudson, RHP (6-6, 4.10 ERA)
    vs.
    Nestor Cortes, LHP (9-3, 2.53 ERA)

Saturday, August 6th (Well this is awkward)
    Jordan Montgomery, LHP (3-3, 3.69 ERA)
    vs.
    Domingo German, RHP (1-1, 6.39 ERA)

Sunday, August 7th
    Adam Wainwright, RHP (8-8, 3.11 ERA)
    vs.
    Frankie Montas, RHP (4-9, 3.18 ERA)

Game two is a must watch for me. There should be a lot of emotions on that field.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-06-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Friday, August 5th, 8:15 pm
    Dakota Hudson, RHP (6-6, 4.10 ERA)
    vs.
    Nestor Cortes, LHP (9-3, 2.53 ERA)

Saturday, August 6th (Well this is awkward)
    Jordan Montgomery, LHP (3-3, 3.69 ERA)
    vs.
    Domingo German, RHP (1-1, 6.39 ERA)

Sunday, August 7th
    Adam Wainwright, RHP (8-8, 3.11 ERA)
    vs.
    Frankie Montas, RHP (4-9, 3.18 ERA)

Game two is a must watch for me. There should be a lot of emotions on that field.

I hope Monty kicks our *** with Cashman quietly leaving out the back door.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Lead back to 10 1/2

Again, if this gets to single digits the 12-15 run will spiral and panic will start setting in.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Lead back to 10 1/2

Again, if this gets to single digits the 12-15 run will spiral and panic will start setting in.
    If the lead is 7 or less at the end of the month, it will be a wild ride. Especially if it's the Jays on their heels.
    Right now games vs division teams of playoff teams

Jays-7 games
    Rays- 9 games
    Cards-3 games
    Mariners-3 games
    Mets-2 games
    Twins- 4 games
    Brewers-3 games

Division rivals as spoilers
    Os- 3 games
    Sox- 9 games

31 games vs legit playoff teams. 12 vs teams that would love to wreck a season

This team has 43 games left vs teams who will really, really want to beat them
    That doesn't take into account playing the As in Oakland which is always difficult.

Ignorance is bliss

If he no-no'd the Yankees it would be quite hysterical

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

So from what I heard with the so called experts is that Monty was traded for Bader but the deadline was approaching and Cashman had a tentative deal with Miami for Pablo Lopez but Miami backed out at last min and Cash was screwed with no replacement and uses the German excuse now which was ridiculous to begin with as he has an ERA over 6.00
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

So from what I heard with the so called experts is that Monty was traded for Bader but the deadline was approaching and Cashman had a tentative deal with Miami for Pablo Lopez but Miami backed out at last min and Cash was screwed with no replacement and uses the German excuse now which was ridiculous to begin with as he has an ERA over 6.00
    Once again, this wouldn’t happen unless somehow the Yankees are the dumbest organization on earth. They simply would’ve waiting to file the trade of Monty until the trade of Lopez was done first.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Once again, this wouldn’t happen unless somehow the Yankees are the dumbest organization on earth. They simply would’ve waiting to file the trade of Monty until the trade of Lopez was done first.
    I agree. But that is the story that’s out there from multiple sources

It was also said by icehawk and slick right after the deadline

Something is just weird about all of it

Ignorance is bliss

Rooting for your favorite team to lose. Doesn't get more pathetic than that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OK Nicky....oh my bad. OK Klown
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I agree. But that is the story that’s out there from multiple sources

It was also said by icehawk and slick right after the deadline

Something is just weird about all of it
    Hicks, Pereira, Andujar, Breaux and Gil were going to Mia for Lopez and one of their bad contracts ( my guy say it was Stallings). At 2 58 Ng, ( Marlins GM ) wanted Dom over Pereira and Wells over Breaux and Cash said no. They paper work had already been faxed to the MLB office for the original deal.

They we're not going over 270M which is why they we're moving Monty and felt assured enough the deal was done for Lopez when they pulled the trigger. They we're trying to move 1 of Monty or Taillon and they we're getting something back for Monty that would help them win this yr.

With Hicks gone they were going to platoon Flo and Bader in CF, which would have been a tremendous upgrade in CF

Giants wanted Torres for Rodon, Cash wouldn't do that for a 3 month rental. ( Boras being his agent and the yr he's having, it's a guarantee he will opt out.) Yanks we're also in on Hader and we're willing to part with Torres to get him, but not more. SD offered more and the Yanks wanted focus on upgrading the rotation more than the BP. They felt a starter was a bigger need than a closer when they already had Holmes.

None of us we're in the room to know exactly what happened, but it seems like Cash got played like a rookie GM. Like I said we weren't there but based on the available info, it's pretty bad on Cashmans part. He basically left this team with a couple huge holes headed into the playoffs with their best chance to win in 12yrs. Now it's going to be a very uphill battle.

I also was told that they reason they felt so comfortable moving so much of their upper level pitching depth is that they would have had Cole, Nestor, Montas, Sevy and Lopez all locked in for next yr and Cole, Nestor, Lopez locked up for 24 and that was more than enough time to rebuild the pitching pipeline

Cash got caught with his pants down trying to look like the smartest guy in BB and ends up looking like one of the most incompetent. If they don't win, Cash should really be gone IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hicks, Pereira, Andujar, Breaux and Gil were going to Mia for Lopez and one of their bad contracts ( my guy say it was Stallings). At 2 58 Ng, ( Marlins GM ) wanted Dom over Pereira and Wells over Breaux and Cash said no. They paper work had already been faxed to the MLB office for the original deal.

They we're not going over 270M which is why they we're moving Monty and felt assured enough the deal was done for Lopez when they pulled the trigger. They we're trying to move 1 of Monty or Taillon and they we're getting something back for Monty that would help them win this yr.

With Hicks gone they were going to platoon Flo and Bader in CF, which would have been a tremendous upgrade in CF

Giants wanted Torres for Rodon, Cash wouldn't do that for a 3 month rental. ( Boras being his agent and the yr he's having, it's a guarantee he will opt out.) Yanks we're also in on Hader and we're willing to part with Torres to get him, but not more. SD offered more and the Yanks wanted focus on upgrading the rotation more than the BP. They felt a starter was a bigger need than a closer when they already had Holmes.

None of us we're in the room to know exactly what happened, but it seems like Cash got played like a rookie GM. Like I said we weren't there but based on the available info, it's pretty bad on Cashmans part. He basically left this team with a couple huge holes headed into the playoffs with their best chance to win in 12yrs. Now it's going to be a very uphill battle.

I also was told that they reason they felt so comfortable moving so much of their upper level pitching depth is that they would have had Cole, Nestor, Montas, Sevy and Lopez all locked in for next yr and Cole, Nestor, Lopez locked up for 24 and that was more than enough time to rebuild the pitching pipeline

Cash got caught with his pants down trying to look like the smartest guy in BB and ends up looking like one of the most incompetent. If they don't win, Cash should really be gone IMO
    Ng not only screwed us, but she just might've entered pariah status with other GM's. Especially if she already knew Cashman traded Monty before coming back with her 'poison pill proposal'.
    Last edited by YankeeFanAlways; 08-05-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

Still doesn't make sense. How could anyone with Cashman's experience be so dumb to put through a trade for Montgomery and make it official unless the deal for Lopez was official. If this is true it will no doubt come out eventually. The Marlins have no reason to keep it a secret.

If true, Cashman should be fired now, and not wait until the end of the season. I just have a hard time believing it tbh.

"Watching" the game on Game Day. With two out and JD's ball hit to deepest part of right center, I'm curious as to why Carpenter didn't score? Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    "Watching" the game on Game Day. With two out and JD's ball hit to deepest part of right center, I'm curious as to why Carpenter didn't score? Comments?
    I was thinking the same thing, wouldn’t he be running on contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast