Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    Raiders are in trouble at RT. neither parker or leatherwood should be starting. struggling against rookies and backups? Carr wont make it out of week 1. Mack and bosa must be salivating!
    Parker was playing LT instead of RT. They may seem similiar but its not an easy switch. Parker I'm sure at RT would like different. In addition after rewatching the entire game Parker held his own. The one sack he allowed was by the #1 overall pick. Yes a rookie but this guy is expected to be a good starter from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Parker was playing LT instead of RT. They may seem similiar but its not an easy switch. Parker I'm sure at RT would like different. In addition after rewatching the entire game Parker held his own. The one sack he allowed was by the #1 overall pick. Yes a rookie but this guy is expected to be a good starter from day 1.
    I spoke with Parker in the years past about him strengthening his forearms so that he can absorb a bull rush and not get his hands knocked down with a chop. He is letting the defense get into his body because he is not punching and is too erect coming out of his stance. By the way he played left tackle throughout his college career. That kid Walker is going to be someone that is special in the NFL.

Koonce played well, Real well.

Parker, They really are trying to see who the swing tackle can be in case of injury. Pretty sure he showed he can not handle doing that at all.

Jacobs, He played for one reason. To showcase for trade value. I like him but this regime, with the blocking scheme in the run game, RBs are gonna be a dime a dozen. They are trying to get a high round pick for him.

Even though it's preseason and more of an overglorified practice, I was encouraged by the basics of the scheme that McDaniels runs compared to Gruden's. The mix of the run with pass and finally seeing effective screen/PA plays was refreshing. Something I thought the Raiders should have run more in the past.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    let me remind you khalil mack joey bosa nick chubb and rand gregory are in their division and they will eat parker alive!

Parker sucked simple as that Leatherwood was not great IMO but serviceable we need OL help that is the weakest link IMO but with all the weapons and Running game is should help them out we will be OK

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Parker sucked simple as that Leatherwood was not great IMO but serviceable we need OL help that is the weakest link IMO but with all the weapons and Running game is should help them out we will be OK
    Unfortunately, we have to circle back to the O-line minimizing the hits on Carr because we do not want him to go into a shell with quick dump offs unless that is all the defense is giving us.

quick dump offs is McDaniels game so, When you see it don't blame Carr. Like I said. Brady led the league for years with short passing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    let me remind you khalil mack joey bosa nick chubb and rand gregory are in their division and they will eat parker alive!
    They did pretty good last year. Again, it's the D that has to step up. It just might be the best D that we've had in a while. We'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Even though it's preseason and more of an overglorified practice, I was encouraged by the basics of the scheme that McDaniels runs compared to Gruden's. The mix of the run with pass and finally seeing effective screen/PA plays was refreshing. Something I thought the Raiders should have run more in the past.
    Hard to imagine McDaniels real offense will be that simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Umm preseason football never utilizes a full playbook or scheme. Its typically just very "vanilla."

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Win one for Coach!

I think Parker needs to go

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Win one for Coach!

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Umm preseason football never utilizes a full playbook or scheme. Its typically just very "vanilla."

Thats true. Still was interesting seeing the Defense line up in 3-4 , 4-3, and 4-2-5. As expected playing multiple fronts like he did with the Giants.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast