Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I wouldn't trade Jacobs. He doesn't have to play every play. He's a valuable back. He proved his worth last year at crunch time, especially with a questionable Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    If he plays really well this season and signs elsewhere, he could net us a 3rd round compensatory pick.
    If he plays well, then why trade him?

I think the only way he gets traded is for a high pick, 1st or 2nd and i am not sure if anyone is giving that up these days for a rb.. They will get a 3rd if someone pays him for a comp pick

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    From my understanding, players that have team options declined, do not count toward the compensatory pick formula. But if that isn't the case, the Raiders are better off keeping Jacobs for this season. I don't believe a team out there is that desperate to give up more than a mid round pick for him.
    I forgot about the team option, good point.

Looking up the team option for Jacobs, it was $8 million for next year. This year, fournette and conners signed for $7 million per year. Looks like those were the two highest totals. Considering those numbers, I think not picking up the option for Jacobs has more to do with the financial side. Why pay him $8 million when the best FA RBs are getting less. So even if he had a great season and was the best FA next year- he still might not get the $8 million per year.

If all goes well, I think he might be here again next year. Just for less than the $8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Looking up the team option for Jacobs, it was $8 million for next year. This year, fournette and conners signed for $7 million per year. Looks like those were the two highest totals. Considering those numbers, I think not picking up the option for Jacobs has more to do with the financial side. Why pay him $8 million when the best FA RBs are getting less. So even if he had a great season and was the best FA next year- he still might not get the $8 million per year.

If all goes well, I think he might be here again next year. Just for less than the $8 million.
    I doubt hes back. I think going forward we will draft a RB in rounds 3-5 every year and it will be next one up. Then try and max comp picks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I doubt hes back. I think going forward we will draft a RB in rounds 3-5 every year and it will be next one up. Then try and max comp picks.
    With the RB by committee approach and with more games played I can see them drafting a RB every 2-3 years. Keep fresh legs back there on cheap deals.

Trade Josh for Roquan. Can always find a productive running back

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345