Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lions Training Camp Report/Updates

Start date source:
    https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-tr...erage-and-more

With the veterans reporting to TC today we are rapidly approaching the NFL season. This thread will be open for discussion on camp battles, signings, injuries, progress checks, and so much more.

Also, according to the Lions website, July 30th is the first date fans can attend TC. I went to one several years back and was pretty fun. Not a lot you are going to gleam but a fun experience if you've never done it and want to try it out.

Camp positional battles I am interested it:

Safety: Kerby Joseph Vs. DeSean Elliott

LB: Whatever the hell is going to look like

DT: Alim and Brockers are locked in as starters, with Onwuzurike rotating in, but what about the depth?

TE: Will James Mitchell be able to snag the TE#2 job or is that Brock Wright's to lose? What about Funchess?

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Camp positional battles I am interested it:

Safety: Kerby Joseph Vs. DeSean Elliott

LB: Whatever the hell is going to look like

DT: Alim and Brockers are locked in as starters, with Onwuzurike rotating in, but what about the depth?

TE: Will James Mitchell be able to snag the TE#2 job or is that Brock Wright's to lose? What about Funchess?
    I think, provided he can stay healthy, Elliott’s a lock to start across from Walker. He just has too much experience for Kirby to handle right out of the gate. I do think Kirby’ll have his chance later in the year to contend for that starting spot, but not right away

I know that AG and Shep say it’s an open competition, I do think Anzalone and Board are pretty close to a lock to start the season at LB. I’d obviously love to see someone unseat Anzalone at some point, and the sooner the better, afaic

At TE, I think it’s def Wright’s job to lose. God knows we need willing blockers at the position, so whoever shows that they’re not afraid to stick their head in there and get dirty will get the job

Just watched DC's first camp presser and my hunch was right, Paschal's recovering from a sports hernia. Glad it's not serious and they're taking care of it now

Let he and Romeo recover at their pace. Between Harris, Hutch, J-Ok the pass rush should be okay, couple that with a more aggressive defense and we should be able to hold the fort down. Will it be great? Probably not either way given the weak LB core but at the very least they have options to create pressure while we wait for the cavalry to come.

I'm actually looking forward to this Lions season. Been awhile since I had some hope. I'm expecting an ok year and probably end up picking like 11. Could definitely see them selling the future to trade up to get the 1st or 2nd pick for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Just watched DC's first camp presser and my hunch was right, Paschal's recovering from a sports hernia. Glad it's not serious and they're taking care of it now
    MCDC told media today he had surgery on it in April too.

Justin Jackson brought in at RB with Greg Bell getting hurt.

Also, Cephus apparently left practice hurt. He had to be helped out.

Also, Cephus apparently left practice hurt. He had to be helped out.
    Ugh...kid can't catch a break

Let he and Romeo recover at their pace. Between Harris, Hutch, J-Ok the pass rush should be okay, couple that with a more aggressive defense and we should be able to hold the fort down. Will it be great? Probably not either way given the weak LB core but at the very least they have options to create pressure while we wait for the cavalry to come.
    About the LB corps, man, the happy talk about that group coming out of camp from the coaching staff is fast & furious. The way DC & Co are talking, we're going to be just fine with the group we have. I mean I'm hoping for the best, & just don't know how much to believe at this point, but it seems most of the chatter is about Barnes, Hamilton & Rodriguez. Really can't wait see these guys on the field to get a honest idea of what's real & what's make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    About the LB corps, man, the happy talk about that group coming out of camp from the coaching staff is fast & furious. The way DC & Co are talking, we're going to be just fine with the group we have. I mean I'm hoping for the best, & just don't know how much to believe at this point, but it seems most of the chatter is about Barnes, Hamilton & Rodriguez. Really can't wait see these guys on the field to get a honest idea of what's real & what's make believe.
    I've been keeping an eye on the ascension of Malcolm Rodriguez. Definitely want to see what and how he looks when the games start.

I've been keeping an eye on the ascension of Malcolm Rodriguez. Definitely want to see what and how he looks when the games start.
    Totally agree. If the Malcolm Rodriguez-Zach Thomas comparisons are even close to panning out, we're in great shape. I'm also hoping to see a few of the highlights that we're hearing from camp about the o-line play. Seems the starters are destroying everything in front of them and really allowing Goff to shine. The play I most hope to see that's been talked about on numerous outlets is the one where Sewell made his pass block, then released and cleaned Okudah's clock downfield. He was asked in a presser after practice & he'd kinda forgotten that it happened but he'd check the tape. That kind of play's everything we expected from him, but man, pretty dominating for a big man.

DJ Chark making people forget all about Megatron Saturday afternoon lol. Seriously though, the guy comes as advertised and is the real deal, even making our backup QBs look good. If he can stay healthy, man, we're gonna have a special WR corps here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast