Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 160 1231151101 ... LastLast

Trade Deadline and the Second Half Rumors, Ideas and Conversation

Well...the only exciting time in the entire season for the Cubs is upon us...the 2 weeks where we trade everyone. Again.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/MichaelMarino37/...WiCPXJ5JQ&s=19

So my big idea is that the Cubs trade for Juan Soto. Then they sign Correa, Musgrove, and Rodon this winter. Sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    So my big idea is that the Cubs trade for Juan Soto. Then they sign Correa, Musgrove, and Rodon this winter. Sound good?
    Sounds like ****. Should also sign Bogaerts.

Also, Steve Greenberg reports the Cubs and Ian Happ have had no extension talks.

To me, if Happ doesn't sign an extension now or indicate he wants to do something this offseason I am trading him by the deadline.

Do it now instead of this offseason or next deadline so you can maximize value on return.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    To me, if Happ doesn't sign an extension now or indicate he wants to do something this offseason I am trading him by the deadline.

Do it now instead of this offseason or next deadline so you can maximize value on return.
    It doesn't sound as if Happ is the side not wanting to talk. The Cubs have not approached him, based on comments he would seemingly like the Cubs to ro just that

So I am not good at surplus value for trades. So just going to ask if something like this could get Soto.

Morel +
    Either Davis or PCA +
    Either Kilian, Herz or Wick +
    Either Cassie or Alcantara+
    Either Thompson or Steele

For Soto and Corbin. So Morel plus one from each other options.

Trade Deadline and the Second Half Rumors, Ideas and Conversation

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So I am not good at surplus value for trades. So just going to ask if something like this could get Soto.

Morel +
    Either Davis or PCA +
    Either Kilian, Herz or Wick +
    Either Cassie or Alcantara+
    Either Thompson or Steele

For Soto and Corbin. So Morel plus one from each other options.
    If Corbin is in the deal, Iíd say that is more than enough for a fair offer. I think itís actually a pretty big overpay if Corbin is in the deal too. Iíd say you could take out the Thompson or Steele line and take out either Morel, Cassie, or Alcantara and replace them with lower ranked prospects and itís still fair if the Cubs are eating $60 million on Corbin.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I mean, absolutely they should trade Wisdom. To me that is a given. I just doubt they get much for him. But absolutely if they do he should be gone.

If Corbin is in the deal, Iíd say that is more than enough for a fair offer. I think itís actually a pretty big overpay if Corbin is in the deal too.
    Ok, wasnít sure. Maybe take one option out then. Didnít want to make some crazy one sided offer. TBH, I would do that. And IMO even losing those prospects Cubs would still have a top 10-12 system.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Iím not sure itís selling very high. Heís on pace for maybe a 2 win season, maybe less and heís been given a ton of opportunity.

If someone wants him then the cubs should trade him.

If Corbin is in the deal, Iíd say that is more than enough for a fair offer. I think itís actually a pretty big overpay if Corbin is in the deal too. Iíd say you could take out the Thompson or Steele line and take out either Morel, Cassie, or Alcantara and replace them with lower ranked prospects and itís still fair if the Cubs are eating $60 million on Corbin.
    So something like Morel, one of the top prospect pitchers, Made and Davis for Soto and Corbin? Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sounds like ****. Should also sign Bogaerts.

and Brian Roberts
    All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Page 1 of 160 1231151101 ... LastLast