Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

He’s a lotta fun to watch but man, I don’t think he’s worth that kinda money. He’s one of those players that is “good but not great”. Can you win with these types of QBs? Sure, but I think you gotta have other guys take less and also have players on rookie contracts play great football. I think what is more likely is the cardinals will now be in limbo, not able to afford upgrades and will inevitably let their own good players walk in free agency because they can’t afford them anymore.

I hope they structured it with an early out. I think he'll be the next Carr/Cousins type of guy who you constantly think will get traded/cut because he's not good enough but somehow keeps getting extended.

They didn't have much choice, but good luck Arizona. Just locked themselves into NFL purgatory.

Sucks for the Cards that they couldn't even get a playoff win before having to pay a top 15 guy like a top 5 guy.

I guess they kind of had to do it, no one around the league was going to give up a kings ransom that they would have wanted in a trade package.

this is that example of do you trade away the guy and try to get lucky in the draft because you cant build a suprbowl contender with a 7-10 qb making 33 plus percent of the cap

the guys that you risk doing this for are

allen
    mahomes
    rodgers

then you have

Herbert
    burrow
    dak
    watson
    wilson
    murray
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 07-21-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is that example of do you trade away the guy and try to get lucky in the draft because you cant build a suprbowl contender with a 7-10 qb making 33 plus percent of the cap

allen
    mahomes
    rodgers

then you have

Herbert
    burrow
    dak
    watson
    wilson
    murray
    Where is Hurts on the list

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

allen
    mahomes
    rodgers

then you have

Herbert
    burrow
    dak
    watson
    wilson
    murray
    Herbert, Burrow, and probably Wilson belong in a tier abover Dak and I'm not sure Murray even belongs in a tier with Dak. I also think we are underrating the potential rust factor with Watson sitting an entire season and potential subsequent long suspension this year.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I hope they structured it with an early out. I think he'll be the next Carr/Cousins type of guy who you constantly think will get traded/cut because he's not good enough but somehow keeps getting extended.
    He's also the type in 2 years when he's not paid top5 anymore to hold out for more money.

But the Cards are built to win now and there is already talk about firing Kliff Kingsbury / the team underperforming.

Possible in 2 years they fire the coach/GM and trade away Murray on the tail end of his deal.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    That's fantastically funny!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Sucks for the Cards that they couldn't even get a playoff win before having to pay a top 15 guy like a top 5 guy.

I guess they kind of had to do it, no one around the league was going to give up a kings ransom that they would have wanted in a trade package.
    It depends on the team. Contenders like the Cards are a QB away from winning the SB during their window of opportunity with the surrounding talent they have. You don't waste that opportunity regardless of the cost.

Other teams such as the Panthers are not contenders so that kind of investment makes little sense. They are better off developing Corral. Learning behind either Baker or Sam doesn't seem to help but Favre wasn't much of a help for Rodgers as far as sharing advice goes.

The only Panthers game I would pay big money to watch is Baker starting against the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    They didn't have much choice, but good luck Arizona. Just locked themselves into NFL purgatory.
    Sure they did...his contract wasn't up. Play hardball and tell him no. Instead, they're rewarding him for fading late last year yet paying him like he's a top 5 QB...which he's nowhere near and not likely to ever be.

But that's today's NFL- end up with a top 5 QB, make hay while a good young QB is still on a rookie contract....or face overpaying to keep a good not great QB as if he's a great one. Right Kirk?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    It depends on the team. Contenders like the Cards are a QB away from winning the SB during their window of opportunity with the surrounding talent they have. You don't waste that opportunity regardless of the cost.

Other teams such as the Panthers are not contenders so that kind of investment makes little sense. They are better off developing Corral. Learning behind either Baker or Sam doesn't seem to help but Favre wasn't much of a help for Rodgers as far as sharing advice goes.

The only Panthers game I would pay big money to watch is Baker starting against the Browns.
    Arizona is a QB away from being SB contenders? QB isn't even their weakest position group.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Arizona is a QB away from being SB contenders? QB isn't even their weakest position group.
    I meant without Murray, they go from being contenders to not making the playoffs unless you think McCoy can step in to fill the void Lol. They were the hottest team after 7 games last season before injuries to their key players JJ Watt, Hopkins and Murray in a span of 4 days that impact their performance. Colt couldn't get anything going on offense as the entire team lost faith in him fast.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326473

I know injuries are part of the game but had it not happened, they had as good of a chance at beating the Bengals in the SB.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sport...389edb016f654b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast