Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2022 Training Camp Thread

In 4 days Rookies are to report and in 8 days Veterans are to report, camp is starting soon. we can discuss things in here

Everyone already knows about the WR battle, and the Oline shuffling but, what other stuff are you guys looking forward to watch in camp?

is anyone going to Training Camp? up until Covid I always went to camp but, missed out last couple of years.

im looking at special teams and Rodgers interaction with his WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    im looking at special teams and Rodgers interaction with his WR's.
    special teams is an interesting one. I wonder if they bring in another LS to work out. definitely not sold on Wirtel and don't know anything about Coco.

Iíll prob have to wait until pre season, but Iím interested to see the playing time of Campbell, Barnes and Walker. Itís prob my memory of K Barnes playing with a cast on at the end of the 2020-2021 season that really earned my respect, but I thought he played well enough to keep his job, at least did enough for the team and wouldnít have thought theyíd be looking for an immediate replacement with the 1st draft pick.

Along with that Iím I interested in depth at OLB/ edge behind Preston and Gary, Iím curious to see if they can use Barnes or Walker out there occasionally.

Been hearing a lot of good things about Doubs so far.

I said it before but, I really thought Doubs was gonna be the one to shine early and Watson was gonna be the guy who has the slow build. but, who knows. Watson hasn't practiced yet and they haven't even put pads on so it is way to early.

Been thinking about the same thing of putting Walker outside, like Parsons. Micah is 6'3 245 lbs and Walker is 6'4 241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Been thinking about the same thing of putting Walker outside, like Parsons. Micah is 6'3 245 lbs and Walker is 6'4 241 lbs.
    I'm sure they will probably work some sets with Walker to the outside but, I don't think it would be a permanent switch. gotta give De'Vondre a legit running mate. Barnes has been servicable but, he is never going to be a top dog, just a limited rotational guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Been hearing a lot of good things about Doubs so far.

I said it before but, I really thought Doubs was gonna be the one to shine early and Watson was gonna be the guy who has the slow build. but, who knows. Watson hasn't practiced yet and they haven't even put pads on so it is way to early.
    Yeah I love what Iím reading on Doubs. Not a word on Toure tho. Not ideal that Watson isnt practicing. Amari had a lot of fluff early how he was ready to take that step and built his body up. Well I havenít heard much on himÖ. Doesnít give me a great feeling.

Zac Tom sounding like a great pick too. Rhyan is getting some pub too.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I'm sure they will probably work some sets with Walker to the outside but, I don't think it would be a permanent switch. gotta give De'Vondre a legit running mate. Barnes has been servicable but, he is never going to be a top dog, just a limited rotational guy.
    I think for all intents and purposes our base defense will basically be a 4-2-5. You can call it a 2-4-5 if you want, but Smith and Gary are basically stand-up ends with 2 down lineman. I actually wouldnt be shocked if the OLB rotation struggles a bit to see them shift into certain sets where Lowry plays closer to a traditional DE as an outside ish rusher and only one of Gary or Smith is on the field. So in that case, a guy like walker probably shifts to a more traditional 4-3 olb type role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Yeah I love what Iím reading on Doubs. Not a word on Toure tho. Not ideal that Watson isnt practicing. Amari had a lot of fluff early how he was ready to take that step and built his body up. Well I havenít heard much on himÖ. Doesnít give me a great feeling.

Zac Tom sounding like a great pick too. Rhyan is getting some pub too.
    It is pretty early yet. Great to hear good things about doubs but I'm not super concerned about the rest. Sounds like GB thinks Amari bulked up last year because he thought teams would view him more as a WR/HB hybrid so he came into camp bulked up as well and just didn't have his explosion. Lost some weight so hopefully that helps. But I'm not super optimistic on him.

Both Doubs and Love have been performing from what I hear.

Rodgers has talked up doubs quite a bit, which is uncommon for a rookie. He also mentioned how good winfree has been. Think it's gonna be hard for GB to cut winfree, but idk how they make enough roster spots either.

I'm starting to wonder if Watkins is in danger. If doubs beats him out for a top 3 WR spot with Lazard and Cobb, which could happen, it might be tough to keep watkins. As a 4th WR, he's older, is on a 1 year deal and doesn't really offer special teams value.

Watson is sort of the wild card. If he can come back soon and show that he can play, even if that just means play as a gadget guy and a package type guy as your 4th WR to start, that makes watkins easier to cut too.

I know no one would ever admit it, but I wouldn't be shocked if there's some in GB who wouldn't mind seeing an injury for Amari. Just hard to see his fit on this roster but it's also hard to see them cutting a 2nd year 3rd rounder. Giving him a redshirt year on the IR would probably seem ideal. It's just as of right now it seems he's behind Lazard, Cobb, Watkins, Doubs and probably Winfree. Watson will jump him as some as he starts playing and there's probably an arguement that Toure has splashed lore than Amari as well. Toure also offers more on the coverage units and if doubs and Watson beat Amari out for PR and KR, then Toure would definitley seem more valuable. It seems like a year too early too, but maybe we see a Josh Jackson type trade with Amari as well. It seems we really like Shawn Davis at D, but our depth there sucks. Wouldnt be crazy if we found a team with depth at S but maybe not so much depth at WR and make a swap for our 3rd safety.
    Last edited by crewfan13; Yesterday at 09:19 AM.