Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Mets select C. Kevin Parada with 11th pick.

With the mlb draft coming up in a few days Iíd like to hear everyoneís thoughts and predictions for who you you think the Mets should/will draft. As everyone knows this draft the Mets have two first rounders( 11 and 14)and a compensation pick(75)plus this draft is supposedly pretty deep. This is a great opportunity for the Mets to really replenish the farm system which is top heavy but lacks depth. My only gripe is that Michael conforto didnít sign anywhere so we didnít get an additional compensation pick but heck 5 picks in the top 100 and two in the top 15 is great. Plus I think we have one of the biggest bonus pools which will come in handy if a certain player falls into the second round or into the compensation round. Interested to hear your thoughts and predictions!!

Crawford, Jett Williams or Lesko

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Pretty excited about tonight. First time since 2008 since we had two picks in the first rounds except that was 18 and 22 I believe. Having two picks in the top 15 in a deep draft should give us a opportunity to walk away with two impact prospects

Hoping we get Susac even though we have Alvarez. Think he may be BPA and will move quickly in system which means good trade value

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I donít want to draft our top picks with the sole purpose of trading them. I think itís important to build a good farm
    System while being competitive and ya big guys come up and contribute while theyíre still making less money and we can use that money to fill with veterans

I just want BPA. With the DH we can always carry two catchers anyways if both are legit and have them alternate DH and catching to keep them fresh

Thatís fine. I just donít want to keep trading our top picks/prospects because it will lead to a situation we are in right now. We have some great prospects at the top like Alvarez, Baty, Mauricio, Allan(when healthy) but lack depth. This draft we have a golden opportunity to improve our farm significantly

I agree but we are also in a position to win a ring this year... And have a window of 2-3 years

I understand that but the Mets have already said they have no interest trading bigtime prospects especially for rentals. They can make a acquisitions that wouldnít cost us the 11th or 14th pick
    Last edited by JCrusher; 07-17-2022 at 12:21 PM.

If we nail this draft, especially with some college bats who could potentially be up in a couple years, I could totally see us going all in at the trade deadline this year and dealing every high prospect except Baty and Alvarez (unless Soto is a realistic possibility).

Guys like Mauricio, Vientos, Alex Ramirez, Matt Allan... They could all be on the trade block with all these early picks this year.

I donít know anything about the prospects except for the sons of the former major leaguers.

I would personally take the best player available as well. Maybe even the best college pitching arm, just to have somebody whoís close to major league ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade every pick for Soto

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Hoping we get Susac even though we have Alvarez. Think he may be BPA and will move quickly in system which means good trade value

I want Susac because like that you can do a two team catching tandem. Look how the Braves do it. You can also DH Alvarez and have his bat fresh. Also in case of injury to one, you donít have a dead bat.

https://twitter.com/jackwramsey/stat...cLxFVYgmXE9PjA

Isn't Elijah green projected to go really high?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast