Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Baker Mayfield to Carolina for a conditional 5th

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/154...lJPKOXVYsddYFg

GREAT deal for Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week 1 for the Panthers is going to be a fun game to watch

Ugggggghhhhhh I ****ing hate this team; why can't we just change our mascot so I can move on.

To Panthers fans:

Discard what you believe about Baker. He's better than Darnold/Corral.

He has to be used properly - he's not great in a Mahomes-like spread offense where he's required to make 100 reads and find the open guy. Freddie Kitchens already tried that. He's a one or two read QB who needs time to throw. He doesn't throw with anticipation and is moreso waits until a guy is open before throwing. He tries to compensate for this by throwing bullets to fit it in tight windows and can lead to turnovers. His footwork and mechanics can be erratic and lead to some poor throws as well.

He has flaws that limit his ceiling but he's not as bad as he was last year. If he has decent protection and find a rhythm, he has a beautiful arm. Deep, intermediate, short, on the run, etc... he will put the ball in places that you'd think would be impossible. He plays his heart out and is endearing to the fanbase + team. He gets into some spats with the media and they run wild in trying to bury him. He never had a good defense either... 2018-2021 he had a pretty terrible defense (except for the last half of 2021 buuuut he had a severe injury already). He utilized Kareem Hunt quite well and was noticeably worse with Kareem being injured, so I think someone like CMC in the passing game will help Baker a ton.
    [SIGPIC]

The Browns are such a terrible organization lol. It's amazing to watch over and over again.

Mayfield is a good QB and should do well with the good weapons in Carolina. He just needs to be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    To Panthers fans:

Discard what you believe about Baker. He's better than Darnold/Corral.

He has to be used properly - he's not great in a Mahomes-like spread offense where he's required to make 100 reads and find the open guy. Freddie Kitchens already tried that. He's a one or two read QB who needs time to throw. He doesn't throw with anticipation and is moreso waits until a guy is open before throwing. He tries to compensate for this by throwing bullets to fit it in tight windows and can lead to turnovers. His footwork and mechanics can be erratic and lead to some poor throws as well.

He has flaws that limit his ceiling but he's not as bad as he was last year. If he has decent protection and find a rhythm, he has a beautiful arm. Deep, intermediate, short, on the run, etc... he will put the ball in places that you'd think would be impossible. He plays his heart out and is endearing to the fanbase + team. He gets into some spats with the media and they run wild in trying to bury him. He never had a good defense either... 2018-2021 he had a pretty terrible defense (except for the last half of 2021 buuuut he had a severe injury already). He utilized Kareem Hunt quite well and was noticeably worse with Kareem being injured, so I think someone like CMC in the passing game will help Baker a ton.
    Lmao you think we don't realize that Darnold/Corral are the worst options in the league? I genuinely like Mayfield's character minus his quitter attitude when the Browns moved on. But he's not good enough to move the needle.

Baker has already proven he can't be the guy even with a stacked offense. We've retooled our offense to where he'll probably look good enough to force us to extend him after this year and then we'll be in QB purgatory for 3 more years.

He's one of the worst things for this franchise right now: he's just good enough that we'll be okay-to-decent in 2022, but he's not good enough to be a long term answer. We have a cluster **** of cap space next year so the only long term play was going to be hoping for a rookie or riding cheap vets for a couple years. This is going to be instant gratification that turns into an awful situation when the team starts losing players.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Lmao you think we don't realize that Darnold/Corral are the worst options in the league? I genuinely like Mayfield's character minus his quitter attitude when the Browns moved on. But he's not good enough to move the needle.

Baker has already proven he can't be the guy even with a stacked offense. We've retooled our offense to where he'll probably look good enough to force us to extend him after this year and then we'll be in QB purgatory for 3 more years.

He's one of the worst things for this franchise right now: he's just good enough that we'll be okay-to-decent in 2022, but he's not good enough to be a long term answer. We have a cluster **** of cap space next year so the only long term play was going to be hoping for a rookie or riding cheap vets for a couple years. This is going to be instant gratification that turns into an awful situation when the team starts losing players.
    He’s not a quitter. Browns just did him dirty. He was like the BF that got cheated on and said **** you but had to see out the lease of the apartment anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post

As long as your o-line isn't terrible I think he should be fine.

I have a deep feeling Baker low-key improved in 2020 and became an above-average QB which rolled into 2021 until his injury. In the NFC he can get you to the playoffs as a low seed. Once you make the dance, you never know.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He’s not a quitter. Browns just did him dirty. He was like the BF that got cheated on and said **** you but had to see out the lease of the apartment anyways.

Yeah I agree. Dude is far from a quitter but the media narrative will convince everyone otherwise.
    [SIGPIC]

Browns piling up the rollover cap.

[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Yeah I agree. Dude is far from a quitter but the media narrative will convince everyone otherwise.
    One of the biggest reasons I started to respect the Browns (even after “the incident”) was players rallying around Baker and Baker giving it his all. Dude was getting ping pong balled in that game against the Steelers last year but kept peeling himself up and going back to battle.

All I got to say is:

System qb that is too reliant on his cast for success. All players and qbs do to some degree but I think he is more heavily reliant on his surroundings vs most other starters.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    One of the biggest reasons I started to respect the Browns (even after “the incident”) was players rallying around Baker and Baker giving it his all. Dude was getting ping pong balled in that game against the Steelers last year but kept peeling himself up and going back to battle.

All I got to say is:

That's what I hated about Ben sometimes. He would have 1 good game playing injured and 2 to 3 bad ones and all the yinzers will remember is the good one. The savior white knight syndrome is a double edged sword.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast