Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Toronto Raptors 2022 Summer League Thread

Raptors fans will see some familiar faces this weekend in Las Vegas, as returning players Dalano Banton, Justin Champagnie and Armoni Brooks join newcomers like second-round draft pick Christian Koloko on Toronto’s summer league roster.

The team announced its 15-man squad today, which will be led by Raptors assistant Trevor Gleeson, along with staff members Fabulous Flournoy, Eric Khoury, Michael Prenger and Jordan Walker serving as assistants.

Along with those listed above, the Raptors will also get a chance to get longer looks at players on the roster periphery, including 2021 second round pick David Johnson and 2022 undrafted signee Ron Harper Jr.

Two NBA “veterans” will also join the team in fifth-year D.J. Wilson — who had a pair of 10-day contracts for Toronto in 2021-22 — and former Bucks and Nets forward Rodions Kurucs (most recently known for pleading guilty to a 2019 domestic violence charge).

The Raptors open their 2022 NBA Summer League play on Saturday, July 9 against the Sixers at 3:30 p.m.
    https://www.raptorshq.com/2022/7/4/2...raptors-roster

Wish flynn could attend, but it will be good giving the ball to Banton. If he shoots 40% from 3 then I bet nurse has him in the rotation to open the season.

If David Johnson doesn’t explode then I would prefer they find someone else to give the 2-way to. I’ve just never had any hope for him.

Despite being only 6’3” I like this Alex Barcello kid. Extremely premature, but he’s giving me FVV energy.

Wanna see Harp as how MJ would call his dad Ron Sr back in the day...I wanna see Harp Jr

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Wish flynn could attend, but it will be good giving the ball to Banton. If he shoots 40% from 3 then I bet nurse has him in the rotation to open the season.

If David Johnson doesn’t explode then I would prefer they find someone else to give the 2-way to. I’ve just never had any hope for him.

Despite being only 6’3” I like this Alex Barcello kid. Extremely premature, but he’s giving me FVV energy.
    Don't see a reason why Flynn couldn't attend. Maybe they just don't think there is anything more for him to prove against this competition. Which I could understand.

I agree on D. Johnson. I don't see anything in the guy to be honest. He missed the start of last season to injury though and I'm happy to actually watch him play more. But my level of confidence that he could be a piece is very low.

But then what do y'all do about Jalen Harris? I mean Harris may need Summer League but then again I swear wasn't he released by you guys after that whole PED fiasco which got him DQed from the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But then what do y'all do about Jalen Harris? I mean Harris may need Summer League but then again I swear wasn't he released by you guys after that whole PED fiasco which got him DQed from the league?
    How many times do we need to reiterate, Harris did not use PEDs. He used a banned recreational drug.

Pretty sure They can’t do anything with Harris until the NBA reinstates. Not sure the timeline for that.

Forget about Harris. He just applied for reinstatement a couple days ago. Evans got reinstated a year after he applied for reinstatement. And I'm not sure Harris will have a strong case considering the fact he claims he went through a program, even though he was playing pro ball in Italy at the same time. I'm not sure how seriously the NBA takes it but if you look at past cases, the players took it a lot more seriously. They might make him do it again.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-05-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Jack Murphy who coached Koloko says that he should have been drafted in the top 20 and their program would not have been surprised if he went 13 or 14 in the draft.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Koloko making his Summer League debut I can't wait

chet looks ****ing insane

But y'all play on Saturday so let's see what your rookies can do because I wanna see it

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

Yeah let Banton get the experience. Honestly can’t stand Flynn anyways. Surprised he still even on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    chet looks ****ing insane
    incredible. Shoots like Dirk, blocks like Mutombo. And he’s paper thin. When this kid gets a little stronger he’s gonna be scary.

OKC building themselves a nice little core

Flynn could benefit from playing Summer League again same with Barnes

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast