Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If Yanks play 500 ball for the next 81 games, they will still win the East, maybe not the best record of both leagues, but still 99 or more wins. The only glitch, they have to find a way to beat Houston, or forget about the world series.

Yanks lost this game because Gallo was out of the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Told ya Phoba Rama!

You cursed us!
    I'm not superstitious. You'll never get me to believe that me saying this should be two easy wins set off a cascade of events that led to the Yankees losing

I actually think this streak of not playing their best is perfectly timed for us. If they had continued to play .750 BB ( or whatever it was at their best) Cashman probably could have sat back and not made any moves.

With them going through this tough stretch, Cashman is going to be forced to make at least 1 or 2 moves to make this team better.

IMO Gallo for his sake and ours needs to be traded. Passan seems to think a handful of teams like the Twins, Phillies, Padres, Brewers are interested. Trade him for a couple lottery tickets or a reliever Blake can fix.

Send Dom plus for Reynolds or get Happ would be my preference.

They won't get rid of Hicks, who is just awful outside of 1 AB this yr with RISP, but they can certainly make him a 4th OFer.

The clearest and easiest move they can make right now, call up Flo. Plays plus defense at all 3 OF positions, check, LHed, check, game changing speed, check, power, check, high BA, check, can if needed bat lead off, check
    and won't cost anything, check

Call up Waldichuk who is MLB ready and give some of these guys an extra day off in the rotation to limit their innings

Every team is going to go through a little rough stretch, not much to do about it. At least they have built up a huge lead in the division. Plus, the timing is going to force Cashman to make the upgrades this team needs

Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    If Yanks play 500 ball for the next 81 games, they will still win the East, maybe not the best record of both leagues, but still 99 or more wins. The only glitch, they have to find a way to beat Houston, or forget about the world series.
    Until they can prove they can handle Houston this team is going to be a team nobody talks about in a few years.

Just think 2001 Seattle vs Yankees in Oct.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Basically the Yankees are just in correction mode. LA and Houston are closing in on them for the best record.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

^^^^^^

Just think the stock market and Joe Bidenís economy.

Way to go Biden lovers! You wanted him and now you got high gas prices, high inflation. That is what you get when you shut down the entire economy.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-06-2022 at 05:58 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I'm not superstitious. You'll never get me to believe that me saying this should be two easy wins set off a cascade of events that led to the Yankees losing
    Well, care to explain the loss in Game 1?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I actually think this streak of not playing their best is perfectly timed for us. If they had continued to play .750 BB ( or whatever it was at their best) Cashman probably could have sat back and not made any moves.

With them going through this tough stretch, Cashman is going to be forced to make at least 1 or 2 moves to make this team better.

IMO Gallo for his sake and ours needs to be traded. Passan seems to think a handful of teams like the Twins, Phillies, Padres, Brewers are interested. Trade him for a couple lottery tickets or a reliever Blake can fix.

They won't get rid of Hicks, who is just awful outside of 1 AB this yr with RISP, but they can certainly make him a 4th OFer.

The clearest and easiest move they can make right now, call up Flo. Plays plus defense at all 3 OF positions, check, LHed, check, game changing speed, check, power, check, high BA, check, can if needed bat lead off, check

Call up Waldichuk who is MLB ready and give some of these guys an extra day off in the rotation to limit their innings

Every team is going to go through a little rough stretch, not much to do about it. At least they have built up a huge lead in the division. Plus, the timing is going to force Cashman to make the upgrades this team needs
    Day, they were not going to play .750 ball all season.

But in reality they donít need to make any moves besides ones for injury.

You can take this team right now and put him in Oct and see what transpires. Cashbox would have no worries.

Galloís thin bat is not going to concern Cashman. All you do is mix Carpenter in there at DH and use Stanton, Hicks and Judge for the OF

At this point just keep Gallo away from the other playoff teams as you do not want Gallo hitting a monster 3 run homer in a playoff game vs the Yankees. Because you know it would happen and youíd all be sick to your stomachs.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-06-2022 at 06:07 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Taillon has been getting lit up in his last 3 starts. Thoughts?

16 innings
    23 hits
    14 earned runs

Not good!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-06-2022 at 06:13 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Not sure who is starting today but we need a good quality start and the offense has to wake up!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, care to explain the loss in Game 1?
    The Yankees played poorly. They came in flat from a day off and thinking these would be 2 easy games but instead, got punched in the mouth.
    Their offense is struggling
    Pitchers are in a slump.

These are all things that happen to every team during the year. Championship teams figure it out quickly (a couple weeks).

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I fully agree. A stretch like this shows the team's flaws. The timing is also just, right. I hope Cash makes moves before the AS game. That could be simply, bringing up Flo. But I don't think that's happening. The only reason I can think of for not is that they are keeping him in the farm to keep his value sky high.

I am liking Happ more and more. He won't cost as much as Reynolds or Benintendi. If they could get him and call up Flo? Happ-LF. Flo-CF, Judge-RF. Hicks 4th OF and Stanton DH or spot starter to keep him happy.

I wish there was a solution for JD. Find a trade partner who wants a good spec? Move DJ to third?
    With his contract, that is unlikely. I think it is, what it is. Hopefully he continues to play good D and gets on a streak.

They definitely need to give the starters a breather. The AS break is 11 days away. Ideally they could push back Tallion, Nestor and Sevy's next starts (After today) so they only throw one more time each before the break. I would love to see Waldi but I don't think they bring him up. I think we would more likely see, Sears and Schmidt get starts.

The true hinge in all of this, is Gallo. I am not convinced they move him. Skepticism? Sure. My fear is the perceived value they have for him and what will actually be offered for him, will not get Cash to move him.

I think my wish list depending on price and contract situation would be
    Happ
    Benintendi- Only if he signs and extension. If not, Reynolds becomes my second choice and Benintendi falls to third.
    Reynolds

Good to see Chappy hit 102. If they can get him going, it will be huge down the stretch.

Ignorance is bliss

Pitching staff is getting a little worn out, especially Taillon. I agree they need an extra day here and there.

I like Reynolds the best. I don't think Bienentendi is going to sign an extension and the Yankees are not going to add payroll by giving him a big increase and lose their prize International draftee, anyway. If the Yankees get Bientendi and ride out his $8.5 million salary and shed Gallo's $10.275 million salary, it is close to a wash. Reynolds is $6.75 million for this year and Happ is $6.850, so they both fit in nicely and Happ has another year of control and Reynolds several years of control.
    Last edited by johnnyi; 07-06-2022 at 07:49 AM.

So Dom has fallen this far?

Geez, pretty soon he will be worth a bag of balls.

I thought he was our future stud?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place