Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,372

    Aaron Judge's leadership. Did his response to JD affect your opinion of him?

    To me, you protect your guys. I felt like Judge's comments were more politically motivated than this e of a true team leader.

    Personally, I think he looked soft. He had enough time to consider what he'd say and he still fumbled through and seemed to take the side of Anderson over his teammate but talking about Anderson being an important part of the game.


    I would have liked to hear
    "JD is my guy. I love how he plays the game and the fir he brings. I don't think it was motivated by racism and I don't think he deserved to be suspended. With that said, it is a delicate topic and people all feel differently. Tim and the league felt it was racist. I have great respect for Tim and MLB and that's the decision that was made.
    Josh is our guy and I don't think he meant it in that way"


    I think as the team leader you protect your guys and deal with it in house if it needs dealing.

    The other side is , if JD is racist? Judge should have called him out on it, flat.
    "Yes. I thought it was racist. I didn't like it We have had a conversation about it and that's kept in house."

    I don't see Judge as a strong leader after this.


    Opinions? I am just curious if this has changed people's perspective of him one way or the other.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,497
    I agree with your opening statement, it was more politically motivated and a PR move than anything else imo. I wouldn't expect him to throw him under the bus, but ....it seems political expediency dictates protection of the brand.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree with your opening statement, it was more politically motivated and a PR move than anything else imo. I wouldn't expect him to throw him under the bus, but ....it seems political expediency dictates protection of the brand.
    Exactly.
    I can only say that for me, that is not a quality of a good leader. You can't play both sides.
    If you are angry, "This is a team issue and we will deal with it in house...".
    If you aren't, "JD is out guy...."



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Exactly.
    I can only say that for me, that is not a quality of a good leader. You can't play both sides.
    If you are angry, "This is a team issue and we will deal with it in house...".
    If you aren't, "JD is out guy...."
    Judge doesn't strike me as a very vocal leader, seems to be a bit shy. I wouldn't expect him to rile up the clubhouse and rally the troops. Imo that seems more like JD or even Rizzo. Jeter was a silent leader. He led by example on the field.

    As a spokesperson /team leader he wears a very different hat. Apparently he's content with the party line. On one hand I agree, why pour additional fuel on a fire. Doing so Judges comments become media fodder for another week. On the other hand, as a teammate and team leader he has the clout to set the record straight.....that is not how we handle ourselves.

    It is also possible he agrees 100% with JD. Anderson is a childish twat looking for a stage. Escalating an incident for opportunistic reasons. If it was a joke in 2019-20 at what point did it become racist and no longer humorous banter between players?


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,598
    https://viewsfrom314ft.com/the-yanke...osh-donaldson/

    Holy hell, people like this are so cringey. Won't be reading that garbage anymore. If a black man says something is racist, then it is in fact, racist? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. This reminds me of today with Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial. If a women says she was abused then everyone must believe it with no proof? Crazy world.

    Anyways, did you all see where Donaldson was upset no one stood up for him on the team? Not surprising and it reminded me of Klown's comment son Judge here in this thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    39,140
    I'm sure he had teammates who quietly supported him but were afraid to back him publicly for fear of being called racist.

    Doesn't surprise me though with this PC culture we live in now where everyone gets offended over everything. Pathetic.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,166
    Big difference between being the face of the franchise and the leader in the clubhouse.

    When CC was around he was the clubhouse guy even when Judge was on the roster.

    When Gardy was around, Judge differed to him as the clubhouse leader.

    They brought in Rizzo last yr to be a clubhouse leader. Then they took it a step farther this winter to bring in JD to continue to change the clubhouse chemistry and leadership.

    We have never really seen Judge get in anyone's grill for not playing hard or hustling in the past. Even this yr with Hicks clearly not giving 100% on defense, Judge hasn't been the one to call him out. Judge plays his *** off and is probably of the opinion if he gives a 100% then so will his team mates. When you have to bring in not only 1 guy, but 2, that says a lot about Judges leadership abilities.

    I don't know what Judge being a Black man could play into this, but I didn't care for his response whatsoever. If he thought it was racist and thinks JD is a racist, IMO come out and say so. If he doesn't, I thought he should have said something like it's a league issue, but we'll handle any team issue behind closed doors with the rest of the players.

    I do wonder if he went with the PC answer because of his impending FA. If you want the huge contract and you want to be the next captain like it's been said he wanted to be part of his deal, he needs to act like that guy.

    Based on how they have played since the incident, I think this maybe a bigger clubhouse issue than they are letting on. Before that, this team seemed to have an incredible chemistry going on. The last 10 games or so, they don't.

    On the field and the way Judge handles himself in public, he's everything you could possibly want him to be as a Yankee. As a clubhouse and team leader IMO there are still some big ????

    Doesn't really change my opinion of Judge because I've never felt he was or even wanted to be the vocal leader of this team. I do wish, with the way this season was going, that he wouldn't have been so PC in his response though

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    https://viewsfrom314ft.com/the-yanke...osh-donaldson/

    Holy hell, people like this are so cringey. Won't be reading that garbage anymore. If a black man says something is racist, then it is in fact, racist? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. This reminds me of today with Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial. If a women says she was abused then everyone must believe it with no proof? Crazy world.

    Anyways, did you all see where Donaldson was upset no one stood up for him on the team? Not surprising and it reminded me of Klown's comment son Judge here in this thread.
    It's wild. People have started behaving and talking in a way so they won't be in the crossfire. Then people jump on the ship to protect themselves.
    It's ****ed.
    I also believe, even from the small sample size of PSD, way more people see Donaldson's side of this with far less outrage. It's a small gang that screams so loudly, people get scared and quietly shuffle into nodding in agreement.
    I commented when he got suspended that I wondered if the Yankees would use it to cut him without pay for violation of the leagues "standards". You star getting twats writing articles like that and it becomes more possible. A few dozen douche bag bloggers start clamoring and you never know where that goes.

    I read the article with Donaldson talking about not being backed. I think he's genuinely stunned.
    I also love his apology. He said he never wanted anyone to think of the Robinson family in a negative light, so his apology was to them for using his name as in insult in any way.

    I think Judge is kind of a *****. Same for Boone.

    "He's our guy. We love him. I can understand why people may think it was racist and we need to respect their feelings and opinions, so while I don't agree with it, I understand the 1 game suspension.
    I don't think his comment was intended in a racist way. I don't see him like that. He's a great guy to have on the team"


    Or, if you think it was racist and you were offended.

    "Yes. I thought it was racist. He doesn't believe it was. We will handle this in house.. We like him as a teammate. We will work this out."

    Both of those actually have his back.
    But this weak, mumbling 'Well I uh, um yeah uhh.", doesn't cut it

    Again, the big qualifier is, is JD really racist and players have actually been protecting him for years and now things are coming to the surface? I don't think that's the case. We'd have heard more whispers. He's a notorious tool to other teams but I have never heard racist, in his description.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 06-02-2022 at 07:43 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm sure he had teammates who quietly supported him but were afraid to back him publicly for fear of being called racist.

    Doesn't surprise me though with this PC culture we live in now where everyone gets offended over everything. Pathetic.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I would guess every teammate did. That is unless there is truly a bigger issue with him



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,989
    I'm fine with Judge taking the middle road stance and I believe Jeter would have done something similar or would have said something to the effect that it is an unfortunate incident being investigated by MLB and that the league will handle it and then end by saying our job now is to focus on the field and win ballgames.

    Generally speaking, Judge can do no wrong in my eyes and must re-sign with us.

    One other factor is that Judge is a black man adopted by white parents, so he might be on the fence on what was said and basically gave a lukewarm answer.

    Judge was adopted the day after he was born by Patty and Wayne Judge, who both worked as teachers in Linden, California. When he was 10 or 11 years old, his parents told him that he was adopted; he recalls, "I knew I didn't look like them." He has an older brother, John, who was also adopted. While Aaron has not discussed his ethnicity publicly, NorthJersey.com reported the Yankees slugger is bi-racial. The couple also adopted his older brother, John, who now teaches English in Korea, fitting for two retired teachers. ďWe're more blessed than he is,'' Aaron's mom Patty explained to New York Post.

    Here's a great article on his parents:

    https://linefame.com/aaron-judge-parents/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,246
    Hmmmm Haven't been on in a while, between watching the RANGERS and this latest incident I just have no room for this in my life. Figured I'd check in on you guy's

    If JD made a mistake I think the mistake he made was not realizing some jerk would twist this into a race thing and start flaunting the race card.Anderson twisting this around and calling himself the modern day Jackie Robinson should be what we're focusing on,,how dare he compare himself to Jackie!!!
    You have got to be so careful with the words you say, I could be in a store compliment one of my fellow workers and how nice her hair looks today and someone can twist it into sexual harassment. It's a sad world we live in.

    Not only did Judge not back him but his spineless gutless politically correct manager did not either (and yes I chose my words very carefully and meant it just as it was read) Sports is supposed to be an escape for us, why we have to have all this PC crap is beyond me. I refuse to watch the news because honestly it just makes my blood pressure go up.

    I used to be such a Yankees fan shoot I was named after Mickey Mantle, if I wanted to eat in my dad's house that was my team (only kidding) but honestly more and more I am going away from this sport. I can honestly tell you I've seen one game this year it was a Thursday afternoon but that's it. I am incredibly grateful that I still have a horse in the race in the NHL Playoffs and I can't swear to you that I'm done with these guys and this sport.
    Who knows what happens in July when hockey is over and there is no sports on tv other than baseball but this I will tell you, Yankee game is on this afternoon at the same time there is a replay of last night's RANGERS game, wanna guess which one I'm watching? These guy's can take their selfish PC BS and stick it you know where!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'm fine with Judge taking the middle road stance and I believe Jeter would have done something similar or would have said something to the effect that it is an unfortunate incident being investigated by MLB and that the league will handle it and then end by saying our job now is to focus on the field and win ballgames.

    Generally speaking, Judge can do no wrong in my eyes and must re-sign with us.

    One other factor is that Judge is a black man adopted by white parents, so he might be on the fence on what was said and basically gave a lukewarm answer.

    Judge was adopted the day after he was born by Patty and Wayne Judge, who both worked as teachers in Linden, California. When he was 10 or 11 years old, his parents told him that he was adopted; he recalls, "I knew I didn't look like them." He has an older brother, John, who was also adopted. While Aaron has not discussed his ethnicity publicly, NorthJersey.com reported the Yankees slugger is bi-racial. The couple also adopted his older brother, John, who now teaches English in Korea, fitting for two retired teachers. ďWe're more blessed than he is,'' Aaron's mom Patty explained to New York Post.

    Here's a great article on his parents:

    https://linefame.com/aaron-judge-parents/
    I agree that Jeter would have said something like that. Judge didn't
    I don't think he even took the middle of the road. Middle of the road would have been, " My opinion isn't important " or "We keep that stuff in house" or "I don't have anything to say about that."

    I think he threw JD under the bus. It was a half arsed response As I said, I would have more respect for his response if he went all in and said " I didn't like it. I thought it was wrong. I thought it was racist. There is no place for it in the game. We have discussed it as a team and it's over"

    I absolutely respect your feelings on this. I see it with a different lens.

    Anyway, time heals all. So does home runs!



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,823
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree with your opening statement, it was more politically motivated and a PR move than anything else imo. I wouldn't expect him to throw him under the bus, but ....it seems political expediency dictates protection of the brand.
    So tired of protection BS,
    .



    Just state your true opinion!

    Pro athletes need to quit hiding under a blanket.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21,543
    These days, you basically have to respond to anything that is viewed as controversial in the safest, most PC way possible. The slightest suggestion of being a racist, misogynist, or being involved in anything thought to resemble any sexual misconduct, can be the end of your career, or ruin your life, even if it is completely untrue

    So I get the weak response. Personally, I donít live my life that way, and Iím fine with having a charged discussion that toes the line. But also need to know when itís time to let it go, and not say certain things

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    These days, you basically have to respond to anything that is viewed as controversial in the safest, most PC way possible. The slightest suggestion of being a racist, misogynist, or being involved in anything thought to resemble any sexual misconduct, can be the end of your career, or ruin your life, even if it is completely untrue

    So I get the weak response. Personally, I donít live my life that way, and Iím fine with having a charged discussion that toes the line. But also need to know when itís time to let it go, and not say certain things


    Me too.

    I would add that having to cover it up is what leads to deep seated repression and resentment, that eventually co yes to the surface in a much uglier form



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •