Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Chicago White Sox @ San Francisco Giants - July 1-3

CHICAGO WHITE SOX (35-39) @ SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (40-34)

ORACLE PARK

Game 1: Friday, July 1st @ 7:15 PM

VS.
    Lance Lynn..........Alex Cobb

Game 2: Saturday, July 2nd @ 1:05 PM

VS.
    Dylan Cease..........Logan Webb

Game 3: Sunday, July 3rd @ 1:05 PM

VS.
    Lucas Giolito..........Anthony DeSclafani

Desclafani to the 15 day IL. Jason Vosler up. Vosler been swinging a great bat so far this season, and hit 2 homers last night for Sacramento. Disco has been terrible this year.

I'm still having trouble believing the graphic they shared during last night's game which showed the a Giants leading the league in bases loaded RBI.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm still having trouble believing the graphic they shared during last night's game which showed the a Giants leading the league in bases loaded RBI.
    Agreed that was a bit surprising considering how bad we've been with bases loaded and no outs.

Losing Donovan Solano has really begun to hurt as of late. We could have easily signed him, we are missing his bat so much in our lineup he played a big role for us last year.

It was evident we needed to make moves weeks and even a month or two ago, Farhan's whole philosophy is he wants to wait until deadline to see what this team truly is. But this philosophy is hurting us and we are losing games we cant get back.

It made me wonder, would he be doing the same thing if he was still in LA with the Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by steveweve View Post
    Agreed that was a bit surprising considering how bad we've been with bases loaded and no outs.

Losing Donovan Solano has really begun to hurt as of late. We could have easily signed him, we are missing his bat so much in our lineup he played a big role for us last year.

It was evident we needed to make moves weeks and even a month or two ago, Farhan's whole philosophy is he wants to wait until deadline to see what this team truly is. But this philosophy is hurting us and we are losing games we cant get back.
    I think moving on from Solano was the right choice.

It made me wonder, would he be doing the same thing if he was still in LA with the Dodgers
    Two franchises at two very different points in their existence.

I think moving on from Solano was the right choice.
    You would rather have Walton? Who cant hit or defend? Solano won the silver slugger with us and can rake.

Two franchises at two very different points in their existence.
    My point was if the Dodgers were in the same spot we have been in, I was curious if he would be waiting it out like he is with us now. Similarily, if he would have hesitated on filling out our payroll with quality players in the off-season.

At the very least we could have relatively filled out the rest of our payroll just for this season and still have clear books moving forward, its pretty clear we need(ed) some more quality talent to make a push for this. I fully understand his philosophy and what is happening, just this year it is backfiring a bit. We cant get any of these games back and each and every single one of them count at the end of the year.

You would rather have Walton? Who cant hit or defend? Solano won the silver slugger with us and can rake.

My point was if the Dodgers were in the same spot we have been in, I was curious if he would be waiting it out like he is with us now. Similarily, if he would have hesitated on filling out our payroll with quality players in the off-season.
    Did I say I'd rather have Walton? No. I hadn't even heard of him when the decision to retain Solano or not was made.

Between Estrada, La Stella, Dubon, and Flores, I figured we had second base covered. I wouldn't have been mad about retaining Solano but I also thought it was far from necessary. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure he has missed most of this seasons due to injuries and is in no way the difference maker between a team being a contender and a pretender.

Walton didn't take Solano's role though. That's Estrada. They wanted to give him more playing time and save some money which makes sense- Estrada's $715K compared to Solano's $4.5M.

Between Estrada, La Stella, Dubon, and Flores, I figured we had second base covered. I wouldn't have been mad about retaining Solano but I also thought it was far from necessary. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure he has missed most of this seasons due to injuries and is in no way the difference maker between a team being a contender and a pretender.
    He had missed basically the whole year till this point, but having him now would be a major difference. I disagree with what you wrote in bold. He's extremely clutch and can rake, having him now at this point would be a major difference to have in our lineup nearly everyday at the top or anywhere in the lineup. IMO Donnie Barrels was and still is extremely underrated when it comes to production and the difference he can make for a club. Agreed with the whole Estrada, La Stella, Flores capable of filling in 2B. But when we lost him even then I understood we would take a relatively good hit as far as production with the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Walton didn't take Solano's role though. That's Estrada. They wanted to give him more playing time and save some money which makes sense- Estrada's $715K compared to Solano's $4.5M.
    Absolutely, but the difference is he is either on the team or not. And he isn't. Yeah Solano would have cost around 5 million to retain, but when we take a glance at the payroll its nothing for the bat he would have offered us.

He had missed basically the whole year till this point, but having him now would be a major difference. I disagree with what you wrote in bold. He's extremely clutch and can rake, having him now at this point would be a major difference to have in our lineup nearly everyday at the top or anywhere in the lineup. IMO Donnie Barrels was and still is extremely underrated when it comes to production and the difference he can make for a club. Agreed with the whole Estrada, La Stella, Flores capable of filling in 2B. But when we lost him even then I understood we would take a relatively good hit as far as production with the bat.
    There's simply no way that a player like Solano is the difference between a team like this being a contender or a pretender. Decent role player; nothing more, nothing less.

Moving on from him when we did was the smart choice.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast