Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

cant wait to see how gobert was holding back dmitch defensively

Utah probably rebuilding. Curious what happens with Mitchell.

Perfect big next to KAT imo

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Perfect big next to KAT imo

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I worry who KAT guards, but I also know marching out KAT/Gobert will force other teams into uncomfortable matchups as well. KAT plays 22 feet from the rim in Finch's offense, so offensively they will work great together.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Not sure how I feel about this trade for both sides, but it kinda makes sense. On paper, I like the idea of Minnesota trying to improve its defense, but not sure how that looks like with KAT next to Gobert. For Utah, they needed to make some kind of change and they get decent value back. You get multiple first rounders, including a great defensive center prospect in Kessler to replace Gobert.

Unprotected first-round picks in 2023, 2025, and 2027, along with a top-five protected 2029 first-rounder and a pick swap in 2026.

They also traded for the player they just drafted in 2022.

Jazz could probably be the new Thunder if they trade Mitchell to Knicks for say Barrett and multiple picks. Or maybe just picks outright instead of Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I worry who KAT guards, but I also know marching out KAT/Gobert will force other teams into uncomfortable matchups as well. KAT plays 22 feet from the rim in Finch's offense, so offensively they will work great together.
    That was my initial, thought, too. KAT doesn't exactly fit the modern NBA PF model. I can't imagine him on the perimeter defending smaller forwards. But Gobert in the paint should help address some of those concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That was my initial, thought, too. KAT doesn't exactly fit the modern NBA PF model. I can't imagine him on the perimeter defending smaller forwards. But Gobert in the paint should help address some of those concerns.
    They re-signed T Prince, and signed Kyle Anderson. They already have Jaden McDaniels. So they have guys who can defend the 4, if they want to hide KAT on the weaker forward.

I worry a bit about the defense as it pertains to KAT, but any defense with the best rim protector is a good one generally. Offensively, KAT plays away from the rim, but if the other team is just going too small, get KAT into the block and force them to adjust.

All in all, I am very happy with this trade. Gives the Wolves a low usage, high efficiency rim scorer who is the games best defender.

Russell (ugh kinda)
    Ant
    Jaden
    KAT
    Gobert

pretty stout starting lineup

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

5 first rounders? cant be true right lol

edit- holy ****

[Woj] The Jazz are landing four Minnesota first-round picks and 2022 first-round pick Walker Kessler in the deal for Rudy Gobert, source tells ESPN.

Terrible trade for the wolves. Rudy isnít worth that.

That 2029 pick is 7 years away. KAT will be 33 and most likely out his prime. That's risky right there

I can't believe we 3 unprotected firsts in 23-25-27, 1 first that only has a top 5 protection in 29, a swap in 26, 2 recent first round picks(kessler and Bolmaro), and 3 reasonable players for Gobert.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    That 2029 pick is 7 years away. KAT will be 33 and most likely out his prime. That's risky right there
    And Ant will be smack in the middle of his. Plus its 7 years away haha. I am not a huge fan of how many picks they gave up, but they should be in the 20's, and you can easily buy or trade your way back into round 1 if you have a target in mind.

All in all, I like the trade, but depth at PG is now depleted. That will need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I can't believe we 3 unprotected firsts in 23-25-27, 1 first that only has a top 5 protection in 29, a swap in 26, 2 recent first round picks(kessler and Bolmaro), and 3 reasonable players for Gobert.
    realistically, where do you think the picks will be? For Minnesota, they are likely giving up picks in the 22-28 range. So not too brutal. For Utah, they will be able to pair those with a lottery pick for at least next year, so its great for them.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast