Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    ps. to earlier post, also miss Ken Singleton. Consummate pro. A bit too focused on hitting at times, but knows the game and an easy listen. Imo articulated a players POV better than most. Easy on the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Yeah, so, not good! As usually happens with issues like this from Kaat, people tend to point to his age and defend it by saying he meant to use a term inoffensively. Last year, for example, Kaat said he would want a 40-acre field of players built like Yoan Moncada. Kaat might be 83, yes, but there are certain things that just really donít play.

then he called nestor cortes nestor the molestor.. we do not need good ole boys like jim in the game how is he still employed for making such comments?
    "We all make mistakes and feel 100% there was no malice intended," Cortes wrote. "I plan on lifting him up with this tweet and hope others do too. No sweat here Jim!"

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/t...ly-apologizes/

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That is friggin hysterical. 50%!

I wonder what July will bring?

I will say this, if they keep him and Gallo goes on a streak that gets him to the numbers on the back of his baseball card, The Yankees will win the WS

He would have to hit 250/400/500/900 with 25 HR and a reduced K rate, to get there. If he did?
    Good grief
    He's been batting 160 since he got here, so this is an unlikely scenario. His hrs and doubles are a little down from then but he's essentially the same player. Honestly, his career is likely over. Guys who hit .180-200 every year aren't supposed to have long careers. That just doesn't happen. This is his walk year. He'll be lucky to get a minor league contract from a team.

Here's an interesting comparison

2019 Chris Davis K%: 39.5% BA: .179 OBP: 276 SLG: .325 (last full season)
    2022 Joey Gallo K%: 39.7% BA: .165 OBP: 277 SLG: .326

judge needed a day off badly to clear his head . ever since he made that comment about being the best player he has been anything but the best player on the team..can't put ego before team..

You are aware he did not say that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

coming into today's game the yanks are hitting 240 as a team middle of the pack in baseball..

You forgot to mention they lead in runs scored.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You forgot to mention they lead in runs scored.
    The irony is that he has been saying batting average doesn't matter. HRs are the most important thing.
    He has constituently and harshly, judged hitters based on HR over avg
    He didn't want guy A because he only hit 15 hr but batted 300
    But guy B who hit 250 and jacked 25 hr? That got him excited.

Now the Yankees are middle of the pack because of average?

Do you think he knows where they rank in HRs?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ps. to earlier post, also miss Ken Singleton. Consummate pro. A bit too focused on hitting at times, but knows the game and an easy listen. Imo articulated a players POV better than most. Easy on the ears.
    He was awesome

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Very Loooong shot. Imo he's in his own head. Change of scenery may be best for all involved.
    There was a game around a month ago where he Kd in his first 3 ABs and got boo'd like crazy. Then he walked and got a sarcastic cheer and fans started doing the sarcastic, "Joey-Gallo. ----- Joey Gallo -----"
    I remember him on first base looking into the crowd then just putting his head down and shaking it with resentment and anger. I thought that was the moment he broke

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He was awesome
    Loved when he'd say LOOK OUT!!!!

Ken was awesome, and his respect for the players and the game came out in his broadcasting

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Don't like Ruocco, because he lacks knowledge of the game. I understand some of you don't like Kay,, but Rocco can't carry his jock strap. Don't like Beltran as a sportscaster. It sounds weird when Maybin calls Judge AJ. Tired of Sterling, Waldman is awful. Flash is the best of the three stooges at the desk. Everything Bob and Jack say is obvious. Chris is OK at times. Cone, Leiter and Kaat were the best of all the former players. O'Neil is very likable.
    You mean ma and pa pinstripes? I actually look for the opposing team's broadcast when they're on Sirius They're both terrible absolutely terrible

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

You mean ma and pa pinstripes? I actually look for the opposing team's broadcast when they're on Sirius They're both terrible absolutely terrible
    You and me both. The radio duo is the absolute worst.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

i already miss sterling on road games i use to listen to the radio highlights of sterling calls when the game was over now i do not...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910