Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Arrow Yankees @ Gaurdians July 1-3

New York will try to build on its MLB-best record when it opens a three-game series in Cleveland on Friday night. The Yankees entered Thursday’s game at Houston on a four-game winning streak, while Cleveland was wrapping up a four-game series against Minnesota.

New York has been on an absolute tear since the beginning of the season, highlighted by an 11-game winning streak that spanned from late April to early May. The Yankees have added several lengthy streaks since then, including a nine-game hot streak in the middle of June. They lost two games against Houston last weekend before responding with a four-game winning streak. New York was playing a makeup game against the Astros on Thursday night, kicking off what will be a 10-game road trip. The Yankees are dominating the American League East, leading second-place Boston by 13 games. They are also eight games ahead of Houston for the best record in baseball.

The Yankees are still trying to get their offense to match their pitching, as they are No. 18 in the majors in batting average (.239). Center fielder Aaron Judge leads the team with 82 hits, including 29 home runs. Anthony Rizzo and Giancarlo Stanton have combined for an additional 39 homers. They will be facing a Cleveland pitching staff that is No. 13 with an ERA of 3.86. Right-handed pitcher Gerrit Cole will be on the mound for New York on Friday night. He allowed one run on four hits and two walks while striking out eight against Houston in his last start. Cole has allowed just two runs over his last 20.1 innings, striking out 27 batters. He brings a 2.99 ERA and 1.01 WHIP into this outing.

Yankees @ Guardians

Fri, Jul 1 • 7:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    6-2, 2.99 ERA, 111 SO

Gerrit Cole pitched seven innings, allowing one run on four hits and two walks while striking out right in New York’s 3-0 loss to Houston on Saturday. Cole pitched great on Saturday, definitely we’ll enough to win but it’s hard to win when your offense gets no-hit like New York did. Cole lowered his ERA (2.99) back below 3.00 for the first time since his 2 1/3 IP, 7 ER debacle on June 9 and has 111 strikeouts in 87 1/3 innings across 15 starts this year. Despite the loss, Cole has performed to his high ADP and it’s on to the next one for his fantasy managers.

Aaron Civale
    RHP
    2-4, 7.20 ERA, 39 SO

Sat, Jul 2 • 6:10 PM EDT

Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    6-3, 2.51 ERA, 85 SO

Nestor Cortes Jr pitched five innings, allowing three runs on five hits and two walks while striking out seven in New York’s 6-3 extra inning victory over Houston on Sunday. After carrying a 1.31 ERA after April and 1.70 after May, Cortes pitched to the tune of a 4.15 ERA in June. He has given up 12 runs over his last four starts (19 IP) after giving up just 11 (10 earned) in his first 10 starts (60 IP) and has raised his ERA to a still stellar 2.51, however fantasy managers had become accustomed to his sub-2.00 number but have to still love his 85 strikeout in 79 innings.

Triston McKenzie
    RHP
    4-6, 4.03 ERA, 73 SO

Sun, Jul 3 • 1:40 PM EDT

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    3-1, 3.27 ERA, 64 SO

Jordan Montgomery pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing five runs on six hits and one walk while striking out six in New York’s 9-4 comeback victory against Oakland on Monday. Oakland did all of their damage against Montgomery in a 5-run 3rd inning, otherwise the lefty was on point. Montgomery pitched to his 11th no decision in 15 starts this season. Montgomery sits at 3-1 with a 3.27 ERA and 1.02 WHIP across 85 1/3 innings dk it’s a wonder he only has four decisions so far for a Yankees team winning at a historic pace. This fact is only more unbelievable when you consider he’s gonna 5+ innings in 13 of those 15 starts. Montgomery finishes June with a 2-0 record in five starts while pitching to a 3.66 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in 32 innings. Monty will look for his 4th win of the season on Sunday.

Zach Plesac
    RHP
    2-5, 3.86 ERA, 57 SO
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-30-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

I wish Boone would give Matt Carpenter some time at third. Donaldson is really hard to watch.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I wish Boone would give Matt Carpenter some time at third. Donaldson is really hard to watch.
    Yep. Both he and Gallo are having very bad years. What sucks worse is that Andujar, who is nowhere near the glove JD is but is far better at the plate, is now blocked.
    Flo and Andujar would be great additions to this team but we have to watch Gallo, Hicks and JD

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep. Both he and Gallo are having very bad years. What sucks worse is that Andujar, who is nowhere near the glove JD is but is far better at the plate, is now blocked.
    Flo and Andujar would be great additions to this team but we have to watch Gallo, Hicks and JD
    How's this for a lineup

DJ - 3rd
    Judge - RF
    Rizzo - 1st
    Stanton - DH
    Andujar - LF
    Torres - 2nd
    IKF - SS
    Travino - C
    Flo - CF

How's this for a lineup

DJ - 3rd
    Judge - RF
    Rizzo - 1st
    Stanton - DH
    Andujar - LF
    Torres - 2nd
    IKF - SS
    Travino - C
    Flo - CF
    DJ - 3rd
    Judge - RF
    Rizzo - 1st
    Stanton - DH
    Andujar - LF
    Torres - 2nd
    Peraza - SS
    Travino - C
    Flo - CF

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    DJ - 3rd
    Judge - RF
    Rizzo - 1st
    Stanton - DH
    Andujar - LF
    Torres - 2nd
    Peraza - SS
    Travino - C
    Flo - CF
    Even better. Let the kids play!

How's this for a lineup

DJ - 3rd
    Judge - RF
    Rizzo - 1st
    Stanton - DH
    Andujar - LF
    Torres - 2nd
    IKF - SS
    Travino - C
    Flo - CF
    I would have said 100%!! Until I saw Day's follow up and I can only give this 93%!

I would love this lineup.

Ignorance is bliss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY0Cm0-N1vk

Ignorance is bliss

Is the goal to continue winning ?

Now is NOT the time to experiment. If and when the kids are deemed ready AND an asset to the ML team they will be promoted or used to improve the current team via trade.

Sell the Team, HAL!

PPD. Rain. Doubleheader tomorrow. 1st Game at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Now is NOT the time to experiment. If and when the kids are deemed ready AND an asset to the ML team they will be promoted or used to improve the current team via trade.
    I am not proposing to let less talented kids play, only kids who would replace less talented players or who I believe are less talented.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Of course the goal is winning. Hence why Gallo should be replaced by anyone else with a pulse.
    I would 1000% rather have Brett Gardner or Greg Allen out there every day over him.
    Easily the worst every day player I have ever watched.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I am not proposing to let less talented kids play, only kids who would replace less talented players or who I believe are less talented.
    Are they ready? If they were don't you believe they would have been promoted or given a longer look than a cup of coffee?

I don't doubt there is some real talent, but the decision making brain trust believes they are NOT ML ready. I trust the scouts and development team to make than determination. Grass isn't always greener.

I fully support giving the kids a chance.....when they are ready and able to contribute at the ML level. Yankees are having a very special season, imo now is NOT the time to experiment or upset the chemistry.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Of course the goal is winning. Hence why Gallo should be replaced by anyone else with a pulse.
    I would 1000% rather have Brett Gardner or Greg Allen out there every day over him.
    Easily the worst every day player I have ever watched.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Agree. I think if anything having a player like this on your team who is not carrying his weight HURTS team chemistry over time. When you look around and see a guy who stinks getting playing time over guys who deserve it more than him.... I've been on very good teams where that is happening and the whole team gets frustrated with that situation. Andujar has friends on this team. Can you imagine how they feel about this? Florial clearly deserves a shot more than Gallo as well.

Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Agree. I think if anything having a player like this on your team who is not carrying his weight HURTS team chemistry over time. When you look around and see a guy who stinks getting playing time over guys who deserve it more than him.... I've been on very good teams where that is happening and the whole team gets frustrated with that situation. Andujar has friends on this team. Can you imagine how they feel about this? Florial clearly deserves a shot more than Gallo as well.

Time to move on.
    100%. I tried suggesting this same thing earlier but I don't think I phrased it as well as you.
    They could love Gallo as a guy but at some point, other players have to get a bit annoyed, confused or angry that they keep running him out there. Even more, knowing they've got a friend named Florial or Andujar, lighting it up in AAA.
    Then you might get some guys who defend the weak link, saying the team should stick with him. Then the rift.

What I find astonishing is the amount of press write ups regarding, "what to do with Gallo?"

Trade him to any team not in the division, for a penny on the dollar. Take your penny and be happy.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast