Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Making Gallo the scapegoat for losing to Houston is freaking hilarious.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    We have almost a full season worth of PAs for Gallo and he is horrible. It is concerning to me that they haven't released him or at the very least, benched him. Horrible look to keep running him out there.
    It's just ****ing weird. I have to believe that the anals are in Cash and Boone's ears. "Gallo will get hot. He will go on an insane streak of HRs and productivity. We just have to wait this out"

Sadly, it's likely true but then he will return to this.

It's unbelievable they keep running him out there

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    How long are the Yanks going to continue to play 8-on-9 as a lineup including Gallo has one complete zero in it. Maybe a game like this loss is worth it if it convinces Cashman to "**it or get off the pot." Either trade Florial for Renolds (or even Happ) or bring him up and jettison Gallo for a box of balls, new or even used ones.
    Funny. A day ago, you seemed to disagree with my assessment and opted to suggest their record with him was more important.
    I gave you my answer.
    How did your opinion so greatly change within 24 hours?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Making Gallo the scapegoat for losing to Houston is freaking hilarious.
    I think you are reading into those posts. No one has suggested Gallo was the reason for the loss.

Everyone has suggested that Gallo sucks and is a waste of a space in the lineup.

Mush, I find it bizarre how much you are defending a guy who's line is
    62 games- 217 PAs. 31 hits, 9HR, 18 rbi, 29 BB, 85 Ks. slashing. 165/276/330/606

Mush, he has struck out almost 3 times as much as he has hits. He has been on base 60 times and struck out 85 times. So he has struck out roughly 1.5 times more than he's been on base.

The FO is being foolish. Gallo will, whether or not with the Yankees, go on a crazy tear. I have no doubt he will catch fire for a couple-few weeks and hit a dozen HR. Then he will return to this.

Is the loss or any, purely his fault? Not in any of the games I have seen. But, does his presence help the lineup?
    Do you enjoy watching his ABs? I simultaneously root for him and hope he Ks. I would love him to succeed but if he doesn't? I want him to k because I believe at some point, they will finally pull the plug on this experiment.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    There is literally zero difference between you crying about him, and him crying about the team.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LOL. There is a huge difference, He deserves it. The team does not.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL. There is a huge difference, He deserves it. The team does not.
    Think that the Astros are better than the Yankees isn't trolling. They've beaten our *** in all 5 games, with the exception of two unlikely late inning comebacks. They've also knocked us out of the playoffs twice recently.

The team has played exceptionally well to this point, but I don't think I'd pick the Yankees to win a 7 game series vs Houston at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Funny. A day ago, you seemed to disagree with my assessment and opted to suggest their record with him was more important.
    I gave you my answer.
    As I said then, I was curious as to what the Yankees record was since he was acquired- nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I gave you my answer.
    As I said then, I was curious as to what the Yankees record was since he was acquired- nothing more, nothing less.
    Plus, the longer Florial stays hot, the better he looks as an option to Gallo.

Think that the Astros are better than the Yankees isn't trolling. They've beaten our *** in all 5 games, with the exception of two unlikely late inning comebacks. They've also knocked us out of the playoffs twice recently.

The team has played exceptionally well to this point, but I don't think I'd pick the Yankees to win a 7 game series vs Houston at this point.

You make some good points regarding the Yankees and Astros. I disagree and still think the Yankees would fare well in a series this time around, especially if they are able to make some upgrades at the deadline. I can see the other side though, especially considering the recent history and Yankees inability to beat them in the playoffs in years past.

You're statement, however, that the Astros beat our **** in all 5 games this year is a great example of being excessively pessimistic. They lost two close games (by 1 run and 2 runs respectively), lost one game by a fair amount, and won two games. That is far from having their **** beat.

Secondly, you missed the mark when you said that my jokes about their negativity are due to their assertion that the Yankees can't beat the Astros. My jokes are in reference to far reaching negativity about virtually everything, not just the Astros.

I would be more curious as to what our record would be had they giving Flo serious time for the last 6 weeks, like they should have

Flo would give u virtually the same defense Gallo does and i would bet my house he would give u more offensively. If nothing else Flo has the ability to make thing happen on the bases and make their lineup a little less HR dependent

Amen

You have to wonder if they want him for trade bait as part of a larger package. At this point, t's the only reason to keep him down there. He can't be worse than Gallo. I will take a 230/320 guy who can steal 40+ and play high level D, even if he Ks 1 out of 3 PAs over Gallo, in a heartbeat

Ignorance is bliss

Nor would I.

But add a couple contact bats to the lineup? It changes.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12